Sign in to follow this  
Norma Stick

It's no coincidence....

.... that it went pear shaped once Morison came on.  No effort, no wanting to close defenders down, push them into mistakes.  As a consequence, they had time on the ball and could play it out from the back.  Totally different to the immense effort put in by Wilbraham when he was willing and able to close defenders down, so we might as well have played the last 30 with 10 men.

The lack of effort goes totally against Lambert''s work ethic.

Thanks for what you''ve done Morison, but if you are shipped out in the Summer, I won''t shed a tear.

[quote user="CamelFish"]

.... that it went pear shaped once Morison came on.  No effort, no wanting to close defenders down, push them into mistakes.  As a consequence, they had time on the ball and could play it out from the back.  Totally different to the immense effort put in by Wilbraham when he was willing and able to close defenders down, so we might as well have played the last 30 with 10 men.

Thanks for what you''ve done Morison, but if you are shipped out in the Summer, I won''t shed a tear.

[/quote]Yes lets blame the STRIKER for the fact the defense conceded six goals, I totally see the logic there.

FFS! Wilbraham and Holt offered so little before that too - and neither of them are or should take the blame either - the hammering was on the cards long before Morison made an appearance.

Toure on and had 2 assists within 15 mins - thats their midfielder as an attacking force was a more influential "coincidence"

This game was about their midfield destroying ours - they were in irresistable form and outclassed us in all positions.

Like earlier in teh season its not so important and we simply bounce back next time

Behave. There were plenty of flaws out there today (and most of those were created by Man City having far superior players to what we''ve got). Morison''s "lack of effort" was well down the pecking order of that list.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]FFS! Wilbraham and Holt offered so little before that too - and neither of them are or should take the blame either - the hammering was on the cards long before Morison made an appearance. Toure on and had 2 assists within 15 mins - thats their midfielder as an attacking force was a more influential "coincidence" This game was about their midfield destroying ours - they were in irresistable form and outclassed us in all positions. Like earlier in teh season its not so important and we simply bounce back next time[/quote]

But that''s the point I''m making.  By closing down defenders and defending from the front, you stop them giving the ball to the more influential midfielders.  If you defend from the front, you rush defenders into making mistakes, close down the space and they''re not always then able to use the ball like that.

But give them time on the ball to bring it out of defence, then you''re asking for trouble.

If I knew you, I''d slap you.

No-ones fault, Man City just a bit too good for us.

Don''t care, we''re safe. Move on. Blackburn next week.

[quote user="CamelFish"]

[/quote]Put it away.Look at the season stats. so far and we''re just leaking too many goals. You can''t blame that on a forward.I don''t think for a minute you''re a better manager than Lambert, so why criticise his choice in the players he fields or are you Jose Mourinho under a pseudonym?

Man C had everything to play for while City are already thinking about next season.....Meaningless game for us.

It''s also no coincidence that I should visit this message board and find that some idiot Pinkun poster has correlated our 6-1 defeat with Morison''s presence on the pitch. Ridiculous.

reallly wish we could all ignore idiotic post like this and leave it with no comments

(says me posting a comment -doh!?!)

I think the OP has a valid point in saying all good teams defend from the front - Man Utd do that especially well.

Today, Morison came on and we conceded 4 more goals. Compared to Wilbraham''s hour of football, that''s twice as many struck against us in around half the time. I guess that makes Morison four times worse than Wilby then? 

I''ll all even out over the season; Morison will probably score a hatrick soon just to make the point.

Based on today, what we really need is an unhappy player ''who wants to go home''. Stephen Smith anyone?

[quote user="CamelToe"]

But that''s the point I''m making.  By closing down defenders and defending from the front, you stop them giving the ball to the more influential midfielders.  If you defend from the front, you rush defenders into making mistakes, close down the space and they''re not always then able to use the ball like that.

But give them time on the ball to bring it out of defence, then you''re asking for trouble.

[/quote]

Can you please write to Liverpool Football Club offering your services?

I reckon the best formation to implement your tactics could possibly be the original old style line up of 2-3-5

That should do the trick!