Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report v Man City

PL surprised us all as an unchanged Canary team took the field at CR this afternoon. City began in confident style and in the early moments you got the feeling that this would be an entertaining encounter. Man City''s passing and movement soon caught the eye and Ruddy had to be quick off his line to block after a quick interchange between Nasri and Aguero. The Canaries almost took the lead when the ball was swiftly switched from right to left and Pilks cut inside only to shoot past the far post. Ricardo began to feel that there might be something in it for us as the boys more than held their own in the opening quarter The Manc''s seemed a bit nervy the longer the game remained scoreless but then Johnson was slow to move onto Ward''s pass near the half way line only for Silva to rob him and send Tevez away down the right. There seemed to be little danger until the little man unleashed a 25 yarder from an angle that beat Ruddy for sheer power and accuracy to put the Manc''s one up.City were still playing well however and with Wilbers and Holty chasing everything there seemed more than a chance of getting back in the game. Johnson and Pilks had on target efforts blocked but saw some top class defending from Vincent Kompany as he frustrated Holt at every turn. On 27 minutes more accurate interplay left Aguero with a lot to do from 20 yards but his superbly struck effort again beat Ruddy all ends up. Holt and Wilbers then had on target efforts but could not reproduce the quality of finish  that was on display from Megabucks City.PL took off Johnson and Pilks and brought on Surman and Wes for the second period and City were immediately on the front foot with Wes probing and passing effectively. Holt almost got through after a cross from Drury was only half cleared and as City kept up the pressure. Finally a loose ball fell to Andy Surman 10 yards out and he made no mistake with the finish. For a while City gained the ascendancy but could create no clear chances. Morison came on for Wilbers who received generous applause for a hard working outing as PL continued to urge the boys forward. Unfortunately it was Man City who came forward with more menace as Ruddy had to make two or three good blocks as Silva and Zabeletta unlocked City''s defence with swift accurate passes. Yaya Toure was put clear on the right and although Ruddy again did well to block, it was Tevez who reacted quickest to nod in his second goal. Within a minute the game was done and dusted as Aguero weaved through the Norwich defence riding tackle after tackle and curling the ball into the far corner. It was another goal of stunning quality from a world class player and it just goes to show what you can get when you can afford the best.Ricardo would have been happy if the ref had blown for time as the Manc''s now began to fizz the ball about with an arrogant confidence. Ryan  Bennett then left Ruddy short with a back pass and once Tevez had nipped in the fifth goal was never in doubt. Love him or hate him there can be no doubting his class and if you ever wondered what you get for £50 million you had it all laid out before you this afternoon.With the away supporters now singing "it could have been ten", Ricardo had to endure further misery as City''s defence seemed to be penetrated at will, Aguero struck a post and Johnson struck the bar before the latter tucked home number six to complete the rout.It''s not often after a 6-1 defeat that you think your team has played well but in truth the quality of finishing on display was incredible to watch. There was a long silence on the stroll home before my son said " I think we should go home and pretend it never happened". My reply was that at least we were safe and could now look forward to another thrashing next year.[;)]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Do you make notes at the game or is this all from memory?[/quote]From memory Rude Old. Thats why I sometimes get things in the wrong order.Did you enjoy that Rude? Man C are by far the best we''ve seen this year IMO, streets ahead of Man U. Six goals was hard to take but you just couldn''t help gasp at some of the stuff on display today. When World Class players like Silva,Toure,Aguero etc are on form they are impossible to live with.

It''s always hard to take, Ricardo but I enjoyed it when we pulled a goal back and were playing the ball around really well; I enjoyed the fact Man City fans taunting was good humoured and not the arrogant kind we get from the likes of Man Utd; I enjoyed the support out fans showed and how so few left early and I enjoy seeing we had 50% possession in the end.

Man City had something like 22 shots with 17 on target and hitting the goal frame counts as off target mind. We had 16 with 8 on target and that was the difference inan overall even game looking so one sided in the score.

Thanks Richardo, I had to miss today''s game by any media and so have looked for your report to give me a decent view of proceedings.I hope the Carra faithful weren''t too downbeat (and quietly murdered those who might boo). Our season will be remembered for the games we win against multi million pound teams not those against a billion pound one. Oh and one huge gripe about the Guardian report (yeh, like there isn''t enough to moan about in that publication anyway..). At what point did ''City''  become synonymous with ''Manchester City'' ? Like we haven''t got two bloody Cathedrals. Sheesh.

Hi lads, got home from the game an hour ago. Shattered! Just want to say thanks to you Norwich fans, a good bunch and a great laugh, really enjoyed the day. Obviously delighted with the result but as I said to the Norwich fans I spoke to afterwards you can''t fault your team and Paul Lambert, you''ve had a great season and I certainly look forward to making the trip again next season.