Sign in to follow this  
ManchesterCanary

Irony of Tevez golf swing

Tevez''s general demeanor and ''golf swing'' celebration is a real piss take. MC fans have too quickly forgotten that his selfish golf sojourn to Argentina will probably be the primary reason they fail to win the title. I salute their manager and the team performance but have contempt for him. I hope he goes to another country to wallow in own arrogance and self importance...

Agreed what a prat if I saw it right he cupped his ear to the city fans after his first

Any player who in his prime deliberately trades man u for man city is a prat end of personally I hope man u win the title

The English game could do without tossers like him...Clearly hugely talented but a mercenary through and through.

they sung his name like some kind of hero today....Wonder if he will regret leaving old Trafford by the end of next weekend.

I think it says a lot about their fans attitude these days. I couldn''t believe the hero worship and adulation they heaped on him today. Admittedly he is a terrifically talented footballer but he has spent the majority of this season not giving a flying fig about Man C and their failure to win the title can surely be laid firmly at his door. While he was sat on his sulky arse in Argentina Man C blew it, you have to think that a player of his calibre would have made a huge difference and, based on what I''ve seen, City are far better than United but United are a proper team. In it for each other.

Another telling point was when the "because you''re from England, that''s why you''re sub" went up, Adam Johnson applauded the chant. I hope United hold on and win it again.

I''d like to see the number of points a team has gained divided by the amount they''ve had to spend, including wages, to get that squad together. That would put Man City firmly at the foot of the table !!

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I don''t think they will Guff. Were you there today? I did look for you.

Went on a Gruffalo Hunt if you will..!![/quote]You mean that you didn''t see me? I scored a hatrick!

[quote user="The Gruffalo"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I don''t think they will Guff. Were you there today? I did look for you. Went on a Gruffalo Hunt if you will..!![/quote]

You mean that you didn''t see me? I scored a hatrick!
[/quote]

The reason that Duncan didn''t see you is probably because the hat trick you''re referring to had you wearing it where you normally keep your head. [;)]

Tevez is a quality player, can''t dislike the guy personally.

There''s always two sides to a story and i personally don''t think it was simply a case of refusing to play in the champs league game where it all broke down.

Saying that, he''s clearly surrounded by money-grabbing people. Honestly i think he wants to play for a club where he''s the number one and loved by all, wouldn''t tarnish him as a mercenary like some.

Ok Skijumptoes, what do you think might else of happened with him, over the Champs League game, and if you were Mancini, how would you have handled it?

I would say that Mancini has got it all wrong in how he has portrayed it through the media, saying that Tevez was finished, but now look at him! (Ditto Balotelli''s recent situation) It doesn''t shower Mancini with respect, how that has turned out.

Like I said in another thread, not all Citeh fans adore Tevez, some think he is a t*** still.

Agreed that the sooner he''s gone the better. I have no sympathy with Man City for what happened. They knew exactly what they were getting when they bought him. Finances would dictate that another club would have had to sort it sooner. But in truth I doubt another club could have signed him anyway. This season we have had the Tevez saga and now the Balotelli saga. I think Man Utd will win the title and I think the deciding factor in that is the manager. Fergie has made far more good calls.

The way we interpreted it in the away end after the goal was as a dig at the media, not City fans. Looking back I''m not so sure.

As for Tevez, as I''ve said on my own topic on this board it would be stupidly petty to have a player of his quality available to us and not use him, that would be cutting off our nose to spite our face. Up until the summer we have to use him because he could potentially be the difference. I wouldn''t say our songs were hero-worship, far from it; it was more irony than anything. However well he does until the end of the season he has to go in the summer, and that''s the opinion of pretty much every City fan I know.

[quote user="notreallyhere"]The way we interpreted it in the away end after the goal was as a dig at the media, not City fans. Looking back I''m not so sure. As for Tevez, as I''ve said on my own topic on this board it would be stupidly petty to have a player of his quality available to us and not use him, that would be cutting off our nose to spite our face. Up until the summer we have to use him because he could potentially be the difference. I wouldn''t say our songs were hero-worship, far from it; it was more irony than anything. However well he does until the end of the season he has to go in the summer, and that''s the opinion of pretty much every City fan I know.[/quote]

I don''t think you should comment so authoritatively on what City fans think if you''re not a supporter of our club. If you wish to comment on on what Manchester fans think then, of course, that''s a different story. [;)]

Plenty of room in the best league in the world for Wilbraham and the Doc but no room for Tevez?

You may as well go watch Norwich United if that is your outlook.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

When Tevez leaves I doubt he''ll be replaced by Wilbraham or the Doc Smudgallo.

[/quote]

Oh, I don''t know.  Wilbers can''t be worse then Welbeck.  If Man Utd had a half-decent striker to partner Rooney, they''d already have won the title.

Simon Lappin could replace Nani.

Tevez is putting himself in the shop window at the moment.  Unfortunately for us. 

I''d still bet on Man U for the title, they are fully capable of winning their 3 games, never mind what happens at the Etihad, and are the experts at the PL run-in.  ManC are basically helpless as they have to rely on ManU slipping up.  Which is their own fault.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

And it was a Crap golf swing as well.

[/quote]

Absolutely horrendous. Club face opening alarmingly upon impact. He would either of shanked it or the shot would have had some massive slice on it. An 18 over man at best for me.