Sign in to follow this  
peter2704

Positives from Saturday

Apart from 2 mistakes that led to goals, I thought we played really well.

I said after the results on Wednesday night, that we could be in trouble against a Man City side who would be firing! And how right I was. When the likes of Tevez, Aguero and Silva are on that kind of form, no-one will stop them!

The 2 performances I singled out for praise were from Elliott Bennett and Wilbraham. Bennett was non-stop energy down the left hand side and was causing all sorts of problems for Zaboletta. That only change when Man City brought on Toure, but still extremely positive from an ever improving confident player. Also, Wilbraham was I thought, outstanding. He was bullying the Man City defence at every opportunity and along with Holt caused some realy issues. Granted, he''ll never score 10,15 or 20 goals a season but over the last few games he''s played out of his skin and created problems against some real good defenders.

So, there''s my positive post about Saturday''s game done with!

And also, Man City have thrashed 2 other teams away from home this season. Spurs they beat 5-1 away and also Manchester United they beat 6-1 away, so we''re in pretty good company there! And also, Sunderland are the only other team to have beaten us by more than 2 clear goals. I''d rate this as a season, pretty blooming awesome really.

Yep agree with all this. I should add the Man U result against Villa put things in perspective.

Pity I can''t make it to Blackburn.

I thought, bar two moments of brilliance, for the first 73 minuets we were brilliant, as good as we were against Spurs.

I can remember 2/3 very good chances/shots, and a few others that could have gone a bit better. We really could have been 1-0 up, or brought it back to 2-2. Once Man.C got the 2 goal lead again I think the players were just running out of steam and knew they were beaten.

[quote user="thenorthstand"]Pilkington started exceptionally too! Hope he didn''t get injured or anything...[/quote]Lambert daren''t play him, he''s that good it''s like shoving him in the shop window.[;)]  Seriously, I can see big bid coming in for him the summer.

The way Pilkington took the ball out of the air from Bennett''s crossfield ball was world class.

I really really really hope England have the sense to cap him soon.

He''s skillful, he''s as two footed as you get, he can cross the ball, beat his man, decent pace, he''s a threat from set pieces and he scores goals from open play.

This season he has made mugs of some of the best fullbacks in the game.