Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Caroll or Holt?

After the ball hit the back of Caroll''s head yesterday, will that be enough to convince the England management to take him to the Euros rather than our talisman?     

I know that to stand a good chance of being picked Grant needs to score afew more goals (and stop falling over - it looks bad when a big lad like him falls over)  and he deserves a run out so the powers that be can see whether he has something to offer or not,  but the Carolls of this world will probably get the nod, or should I say - back of the head..............

Take them both?

It would be like having a better wilby with hotl for england.

Can''t say im too fussed. The strikers are in the form of their lives for the Dutch in Huntelaar and RVP!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Take them both?

Can''t say im too fussed. The strikers are in the form of their lives for the Dutch in Huntelaar and RVP!

[/quote]

What is it with you and Holland? What do you think of plastic fans of Man Utd etc in Norfolk? You always going on about Holland is exactly the same!

[quote user="ryan1992"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

Take them both?

[/quote]

What is it with you and Holland? What do you think of plastic fans of Man Utd etc in Norfolk? You always going on about Holland is exactly the same![/quote]

He doesn''t care, he seems to think its fine to support another nation.

Haha, it''s a funny debate really...turn back the clock a year. Honestly, I''d rather take a player on form in Holt, in fact a few months ago I''d have said I''d rather take Danny Graham than Carroll, but I agree with those who think Carroll has more chance of going. Not that we can second guess our imaginary manager.

I am a Banana with your love of Holland you should change your name to I am a Carrot as they are the same colour as Hollands kit or I am a Tulip after their national flower.

[="Mister Chops"]Carroll will go, he''s in the clique, plays for a big club and is used to the celebrity circus.

I''m afraid unfortunately this is the probable truth!

If we went on this season form then Holt would get in but because he plays for little ole Norwich and is seen by many as a lower League journeyman whos got lucky!

[quote user="The Gruffalo"]Neither.[/quote]Ohhhhhhhhh...... wash half of your mouth out with soap and water gruff!    [;)]

It depends on how you''re looking at it. Carroll has been in an absolutely dire spell all season, but he does appear to have some talent (or at least did whilst at Newcastle). He''s still only 23. Do you take him and give him some tournament experience over someone who is in better form but, at 31, is only going to play in one tournament?

Holt, I fear, won''t be picked for other reasons, such as those mentioned above; not playing for a top side or being part of the old boys'' brigade. But the only real argument, in my opinion, for not taking him, would be if you were going to take a young side. For whatever other negatives you throw out at Holt, you''ve just got to show his goalscoring record this season and ask to see an Englishman doing it better. Every player has negatives, Holt has utilised his strong points better than anyone other than Rooney this season.