Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

ryan bennett that was unacceptable

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

TBF the whole team were dead on their feet when the backpass happened. I was more dissappointed with the 3rd when he was outjumped by Tevez for the rebound, this was what turned the match and I don''t think it would have been 6 had he had won that ball.

[/quote]

For a moment I thought I was the only person that noticed this poor defending.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

TBF the whole team were dead on their feet when the backpass happened. I was more dissappointed with the 3rd when he was outjumped by Tevez for the rebound, this was what turned the match and I don''t think it would have been 6 had he had won that ball.

[/quote]

I didn''t see that much of the game, but isn''t this the broader point? At no point this season have we had an easy game, and been able to relax. Everything has been a struggle. Even the wins. Take the Wolves game, which was in doubt until the final whistle. I suspect the squad is mentally drained, so that when it comes to a game like today''s it is only to be expected that players switch off a bit. This is partly why I suspect there will be quite a summer clear-out. Lambert will want a squad that can win some games easily next season.

F**k me!! this is unbelievable!!! the guy is 20 years old and played against possibly the best team we have seen here in only his FIFTH game for us and the OP is slating him!!! This is just pathetic to slate someone like that!!!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]This is partly why I suspect there will be quite a summer clear-out. Lambert will want a squad that can win some games easily next season.[/quote]Reality check - there are no easy games in the PL. All this talk about clear outs & new players is just nonsense.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]This is partly why I suspect there will be quite a summer clear-out. Lambert will want a squad that can win some games easily next season.[/quote]

Reality check - there are no easy games in the PL. All this talk about clear outs & new players is just nonsense.
[/quote]

So no new players in the summer? An interesting belief. We shall see.

Thank God, a new scapegoat. Now we''ve nearly forced that lazy git Morison out we need fresh blood for our irrational hatred.

Bennett out!!!!!

quote = "Aggy"

Josh - why should we? We''re on a messageboard. We''re not at the ground shouting abuse at him. We''re discussing the match online after the game, on a website I very much doubt any of the players bother reading. Do you sit down the pub with your mates and refuse to discuss anything that isn''t singing the praises of the side? Seems absurd if you do! [/quote

Aggy - how do you know Ryan Bennett won''t read this? It''s quite childish picking out an individual error from a 20 year old centre back who is just playing his 3rd or 4th game in the top flight against a world class striker. Confidence is a fragile thing at his age & inexperience so just give it a rest! It''s not as if he''s a slacker, he has played well for us since he''s been in the team. What exactly do you think criticising him is going to achieve? I really hope he doesn''t read your comments.

And of course there are players I don''t rate (thankfully very few from our fine club) that I will discuss down the pub with friends, but only if it''s deserved! Lets put this into context. Ryan Bennett makes one mistake (if it''s even a mistake) against a world class striker! Is that deserved? Am I going to moan about him to my mates? No. If he''s had a rubbish half dozen games then maybe! If he''s turning into to a lazy sod then maybe. But then I''d fully expect Lambert to have dealt with it by then anyway. That''s the beauty of our team, I''m proud of all our players as Lambert expects the best.

The people I went to the game with today, well we all agree we were just outclassed, we were hardly going to start discussing a mistake from one of our young promising centre backs! That would be moaning for the hell of it.

Ps. Aggy sorry I''m pointing the finger at the OP (I''m sparticus) not you so much

What an absolutely bizarre thread. The OP only appears when he has a good moan.

We gave it a good go particularly at beginning of both halts and played some good football adding to a quality game. If we had needed points Lambo would have not played such an open game.

A couple of points Ryan Bennet is a class defender and he will get better next season. Can I ask Paul Moy to get his Cody mate back here, I''m sure he''ll do a better job.... not!

I thought the opening poster was only discussing the one incident though Josh. He hasn''t said that Bennet cost us the whole game or that he''s not up to this standard. He''s just said he was disappointed that a defender didn''t sprint back to try and make up for his error, which cost us another goal.

Confidence may well be fragile, but look at Ruddy on twitter. He''s come out and held his hands up, saying he could have had a better game today. The players know when they''ve made mistakes. Bennett, if he did read this (which I very much doubt), surely will be expecting criticism for what was a massive mistake. The reaction hasn''t been that over the top; and if he can''t hack that sort of criticism from the OP then he is never going to make it as a professional footballer. And if he is the sort of person who can''t hack the criticism, then he most certainly won''t be reading a fan messageboard, where these things will be discussed!

What rubbish. Bennett made a simple mistake. I remember him making a last ditch challenge in the box which was class and this was after the mistake. He''s class and support him!

Oh well that''s ok then. As long as he did something good afterwards, let''s not discuss the mistake.

[quote user="Pilkingtons love for Nandos. "]Didn''t he make a goal saving tackle after his mistake?  Pretty sure he made up for it.
[/quote]

Spot on. I''d much rather focus on that than the earlier mistake. But each to their own.

[quote user="Aggy"]Oh well that''s ok then. As long as he did something good afterwards, let''s not discuss the mistake.[/quote]

Aggy, you ought to know by now. There are a group of people on this board who believe that it''s not on to criticise any aspect of any of our players in any game. No matter how constructive or well-meant that criticism should be.

It''s a bl**dy good job Lambo, Cully and Karsa are not so easily satisfied with players'' performances as some of these guys are.  Because if they were, we''d be looking forward to welcoming Fleetwood Town to Carrow Rd next season.

I love it when posters claim to be speaking for the majority of fans but Eric, you have taken it to a new level[;)]

My guess, and it is a guess, is that Lambert didn''t dwell on that mistake. He wouldn''t have had to explain to Bennett what he did wrong. It was just one of those. Bennett will be harsher on himself than any of us will be. I doubt he''ll do it again.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I love it when posters claim to be speaking for the majority of fans but Eric, you have taken it to a new level[;)]

[/quote]

Precisely at what stage in my posting did I claim that I was "speaking" for anyone other than myself, Nutty ?

I despair, I really do despair, some of the comments on this message board do really make me wonder whether people have any understanding of football, comments such as the OP, what on earth are you on about, I was in line with the incident you  are talking about, yes it was a poor back pass but to suggest he gave up is totally and utterly ludicrous, then we get comments that he was poor, what rubbish, apart from that mistake he looks assured and he did not let that mistake or his yellow card bother him, what a tackle at the end of the game, was that a tackle of a quitter?, I do not think so and as for getting beaten in the air by somebody shorter all I can say to the poster that said that is "its all in the spring darling"........

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]This is partly why I suspect there will be quite a summer clear-out. Lambert will want a squad that can win some games easily next season.[/quote]Reality check - there are no easy games in the PL. All this talk about clear outs & new players is just nonsense. [/quote]

[/quote]I also find it strange how some on here seem to think there''ll be no changes to the starting 11 next season. PL will want us to be even stronger next time and I can see 3 or 4 players better than we already have who will be regular starters coming in during the summer.

It was odd really odd so think this discussion is valid never. Seen a defender just give up on a chase like that before ESP when it was his error.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]and as for getting beaten in the air by somebody shorter all I can say to the poster that said that is "its all in the spring darling"........[/quote]

SOB, actually you can see Tevez actually had an arm on Ryan''s shoulder so strictly speaking it was a foul

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]This is partly why I suspect there will be quite a summer clear-out. Lambert will want a squad that can win some games easily next season.[/quote]

Reality check - there are no easy games in the PL. All this talk about clear outs & new players is just nonsense.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I also find it strange how some on here seem to think there''ll be no changes to the starting 11 next season. PL will want us to be even stronger next time and I can see 3 or 4 players better than we already have who will be regular starters coming in during the summer.
[/quote]

People do think there will be changes next season,just not the massive fire sale that some posters are suggesting.

Shefcanary - I agree with you, my comment was a general one in that you do not have to be a six footer to be good in the air I have played in teams where guys giving quite a bit of height away to their opponents have beaten them in the air because they have good timing/a good spring

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I also find it strange how some on here seem to think there''ll be no changes to the starting 11 next season. PL will want us to be even stronger next time and I can see 3 or 4 players better than we already have who will be regular starters coming in during the summer.
[/quote]

People do think there will be changes next season,just not the massive fire sale that some posters are suggesting.

[/quote]

Yes there will be changes but it will be evolution not revolution so it will be almost imperceptible.

He made a mistake at work. Like everyone else I sometimes make mistakes at work. If I do, my employers lose a couple of hundred quid. When Ryan makes a mistake we concede a goal. We''d already been well beaten when it happened. When I make a mistake I learn from it and make sure I don''t do it again. We''re all still alive, we''re still in the Premier League and we won''t get relegated. Life goes on.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"

It''s a bl**dy good job Lambo, Cully and Karsa are not so easily satisfied with players'' performances as some of these guys are.  Because if they were, we''d be looking forward to welcoming Fleetwood Town to Carrow Rd next season.

[/quote

Oh the irony. If Lambert and co took on the "constructive critcism" mentality of some posters on here we really would be playing Fleetwood next season as it would destroy team spirit. Could you imagine Lambo saying to Bennett "we need to talk about the Tevez incident"? I''m sure that would make Bennett feel great! Sounds like something Roeder would do. So I''m guessing he won''t, and will no doubt just focus and tell Bennett what he did right (e.g., "great last ditch tackle near the end, that was colossal!") as this will only improve his confidence. Bennett himself will know what he did wrong.

[quote user="Josh"][quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"

[/quote Oh the irony. If Lambert and co took on the "constructive critcism" mentality of some posters on here we really would be playing Fleetwood next season as it would destroy team spirit. Could you imagine Lambo saying to Bennett "we need to talk about the Tevez incident"? I''m sure that would make Bennett feel great! Sounds like something Roeder would do. So I''m guessing he won''t, and will no doubt just focus and tell Bennett what he did right (e.g., "great last ditch tackle near the end, that was colossal!") as this will only improve his confidence. Bennett himself will know what he did wrong.[/quote]

Precisely the point, Josh. It''s all about the nature of the critical comments on here. I''d agree that if someone (inc Lambert) were to tell Bennett "That was cr*p, my son. You are useless disgrace" , then he''d have every right to feel demotivated.

But enlightened people such as our management team will raise an incident, and suggest, in a positive manner, how he could deal with it better next time.

What he would NOT do, is (as it seems some on here would ) is say, "Ryan, you are the greatest thing since sliced bread and are a BRILLIANT signing...just carry on like that,mate".

And that, in a nutshell, is why we ARE playing Man City, Arsenal and  Man U, as opposed to Fleetwood.