Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Interesting night in the football league.

Just a pity 1p5wich aren''t involved in a relegation battle, they are losing 1-0 at home, that would have made my night.With Reading & Southampton looking likely to go up, Norwich shouldn''t fear either of them.

[quote user="The Young One"]Just a pity 1p5wich aren''t involved in a relegation battle, they are losing 1-0 at home, that would have made my night.With Reading & Southampton looking likely to go up, Norwich shouldn''t fear either of them.[/quote]I imagine the premier league thought the same about us last season - I would rather have the likes of West Ham and Birmingham come up knowing full well the fans will turn on them after a few defeats. Southampton & Reading have the momentum and team spirit to do well next season.

Coventry look likely to copy us.First time in the third tier for over 50 years.Fuck ''em!!

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]There it is, Reading promoted. To think they were touted as a big threat to us while on a very good run at the end of last season with games in hand.[/quote]

With a home win. An oddity is that since 1959-60 (when we beat Southend to reach Divison Two) we have never been promoted at home as far as I can see.

In 1971-72 at Orient. In 1974-75 at Portsmouth. In 1981-82 at Sheffield Wednesday (despite losing). In 1985-86 at Bradford (Odsal). In 2003-04 without playing (Palace beat Sunderland, I think, to send us up). In 2010-11 at Portsmouth again.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Not forgetting 2009-10 at Charlton.
[/quote]

As I obviously did, Graham! [:$]Yes, of course.[:$] Only two years ago. One should have remembered. And that makes it seven in a row away from home (counting not playing at being not at home).

[quote user="TIL 1010"]So another one for the ballot next season.[:''(][/quote]

Not if it''s a Monday night live on sky!

Seriously though, for away fans it would be better if Blackburn and Wigan stayed up. No need for ballots in those games.

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="The Young One"]Just a pity 1p5wich aren''t involved in a relegation battle, they are losing 1-0 at home, that would have made my night.

With Reading & Southampton looking likely to go up, Norwich shouldn''t fear either of them.
[/quote]

I imagine the premier league thought the same about us last season - I would rather have the likes of West Ham and Birmingham come up knowing full well the fans will turn on them after a few defeats. Southampton & Reading have the momentum and team spirit to do well next season.
[/quote]

But, looking at it in an unbiased way, nice to see yet more young, adventurous managers plying their trade successfully in the Prem.

Rodgers and Lambert have proved they''ve got what it takes, it looks like Martinez will survive (again !) , and now Mc Dermott and most likely Adkins too.

It just shows how the Mc Carthys, Warnocks, and Allardyces of this world belong to a different era, and things have moved on.

Reading & Southampton will likely have a lot of money to spend but I would rather they were promoted than West Ham. I hope that Wigan, Bolton, and Blackburn stay up and Blackpool get promoted as they won''t spend much money.I doubt it will happen but I would like:Down - Wolves, QPR, VillaUp - Reading, Southampton, Blackpool

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Reading & Southampton will likely have a lot of money to spend but I would rather they were promoted than West Ham.

I hope that Wigan, Bolton, and Blackburn stay up and Blackpool get promoted as they won''t spend much money.

I doubt it will happen but I would like:

Down - Wolves, QPR, Villa

Up - Reading, Southampton, Blackpool

[/quote]

Reading and Southampton for me too. I very much hope that Wet Sham miss out on promotion this time. Anybody but the Shammers for me!