Sign in to follow this  
curly_whirly_tipz

New kit revealed Wednesday

Wow, what a total disappointment.  As mentioned on here, £40 - £50 for a collar.  I didn''t buy this seasons, and based on what i''ve seen today, I wont be buying next seasons.  I can''t help but feel the away kit wont be much different. 

In a time where the club are fleecing fans like never before, i''d have thought they would make a significant change to the kit.

It reminds me of one of the old england shirts, plain with just a collar. the goalkeepers shirt has had alot more thought to it. guess the designer for the out field top was of sick or something.

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]I was about to pre-order mine and then I saw the price!

I think I''ll wait til next season and save me pennies [;)]

OTBC
[/quote]

Don''t forget season ticket holders and members get a discount but yep, expensive for what it is.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]*on the shirt...not on you indy :)[/quote]Haha, that one made me smile :)The truth is that some fans are just bigger, be it muscle, fat or some combination of the two. I know a number of fans of other clubs who are over 6ft 4" and built like mini-rambo''s - and they struggle to get even normal clothes that fit right from the high street.Whatever the reason is for the standard sizes not fitting, it''s not exactly a hardship for the club to ask for 100 or so in some larger sizes or even to simply put some sort of poll out there to see how many ''larger'' fans would want oversized replica shirts. If the demand is there, then it''s a serious business opportunity being missed and considering as how this is supposedly an area that McNally et al are meant to have improved on, this omission is both surprising and disappointing.If I was a Chelsea fan, I could get up to 8XL without a problem, so if we want to compete with the ''big boys'' in the premiership - how about we cater for the ''big boys'' with our merchandise???

Can anyone tell me when next seasons squad numbers are released? I want Howson or Pilkington but I''m scared they will change numbers in the summer!

Anyone?

I''m superstitious about buying the new shirt.  In the 90s when we signed Jon Newsome (our record signing - although I think that record has gone now) I got a shirt with Newsome on the back which didn''t work out so well.  That put me off until we got promoted under Worthy so I got a new shirt that year.  Anyway last year I cautiously bought a retro shirt about 2/3rd of the way through the season and that worked out ok.  This year I''ve bought one of the green training shirts from the club''s ebay shop.

So I''m tempted to get the current (old) shirt.  Don''t think I''m ready to take the risk of buying the new kit, I couldn''t take the guilt if next season goes pear shaped.