Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

can we stop fleecing the fans please?

new kit in 2011, new kit in 2012 and one in 2013... anyone would think we were prostituting ourselves to the money... "premiership" side now.. so lets keep charging £50 a casual ticket and £60 a shirt every year shall we?what next.. programmes costing nearly £10.....

I must have missed the written law which states you have to buy all club merchandise. If you can''t afford it, or feel like you are being ''fleeced'', don''t buy it, no-one is forcing you!

It''s up to people to decide if they can afford it. Maybe they''d have to deny themselves something else.

Who''s got a gun to your head eh?

People are of course more than entitled to their views on the club,whether people disagree or agree.However i definately think if people feel strongly about an issue facing the club they should contact the club directly,rather than just making a post on here.

Whilst no one is forcing you to buy merchandise etc, I don''t think its unreasonable to expect a replica shirt to be "current" for 2 seasons in total. There is a fine line between maximising your revenues (which I applaud) and rather cynically trading off fan loyalty. This is verging on that.

The subject of shirts are a funny thing.  I suspect while we a steaming along doing well I bet not too much is said (generally) about having a new kit.  Whereas before when we were *cough* playing crap pre Lambert new shirts and the cost was another thing to gripe about.

Football clubs are businesses, I bet they are going to make more money from releasing that many new shirts, why on earth wouldn''t they?

It isn''t about the fans, its about making money. Of course the fans are who they make money from/without the fans the club couldn''t exist. But they know how loyal fans are, and will squeeze every penny they can. Our reward is what happens on the pitch. Which is why merchandise sales, season ticket sales, ticket sales, were all less (slightly less? don''t have exact numbers, but weren''t the same) in our ''sticky patch''.

i dont understand why people see the need to buy the new shirt every year.

Unfortunately McNally is right. If we want to compete with the other Premier league clubs we have to do the same as them.If we want to keep Lambert, Holt and all the other players then so be it. Would we want to go back to the days of Doomcaster?And it isn''t compulsory to own a new shirt to follow NCFC.

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"]Why pay £60 for a shirt that costs £45?[/quote]

I Ordered mine yesterday £40, which now goes to my large collection of 65 shirts, and as I don''t smoke I think I can spend my money where I like its all very well and good for people to have a moan about club prices but we all have a choice to do as we wish, I don''t hear any protests to the Guy at No10 about the price of a packet of 20 

[quote user="iwansnorwich"]i dont understand why people see the need to buy the new shirt every year.[/quote]

Exactly...so you don''t have to buy one but, conversely, everyone has the right to buy one if they want to.  It''s just the same as TV, I hate TOWIE so I don''t watch it. 

As people have said, nobody is forced to buy the new shirt(s). I''ve just bought the green away shirt for thirty quid in the sale and that''ll do me for next season. Once upon a time anyone who wore an old shirt stuck out like a sore thumb but nowadays retro is cool and there are all sort of shirts at Carra Rud on a Saturday. So its all good.

This thread is ridiculous...

£45.. Once a year.. Hardly breaks the bank does it? Just have one less pint at a weekend or buy one less takeaway a month, soon that £45 is covered.

I haven''t bought a new shirt for a while but I definitely will buy this one and I''ll get one for my other half too. It all goes into the club which in turn helps towards us signing Messi, so stop moaning...

I still wear my Colman''s sponsored shirt but still fancy getting an early ''80s one of the Fashanu era.

Is the feeling that you have to have the latest one a kind of peer pressure, particularly for the younger lads who go to all the games with their mates? Normally blokes are more sensible about this sort of thing than us women, although I know that doesn''t apply for a few items of ''must-have'' clothing (those strange shiny Nike trainers for instance, that people of all ages and both genders were fighting for in shops a few months ago).

It''s funny, I see hundreds of blokes at Carrow Road rushing to queue for mediocre lager served in plastic cups and happily paying over the odds for it. A new shirt, on the other hand does last a whole season and beyond, if you look after it!

[quote user="Canarino"]Is the feeling that you have to have the latest one a kind of peer pressure, particularly for the younger lads who go to all the games with their mates? Normally blokes are more sensible about this sort of thing than us women, although I know that doesn''t apply for a few items of ''must-have'' clothing (those strange shiny Nike trainers for instance, that people of all ages and both genders were fighting for in shops a few months ago). It''s funny, I see hundreds of blokes at Carrow Road rushing to queue for mediocre lager served in plastic cups and happily paying over the odds for it. A new shirt, on the other hand does last a whole season and beyond, if you look after it![/quote]

So at what age should we stop buying or wearing the club shirt? come to that at what age should we stop buying Season tickets? I only ask because I''m a 60+ teenager, who gets involved with the crowd and will do untill I put that wooden overcoat on.

I am not to worried about buying new shirts, and they are priced at the same as any other teams shirt. I considered getting into a pattern of just buying the ones in the sale each year but just never happened. I''m usually wearing my 2006/08 Fly Be top or the championship winning 2003 one with the ''digital phone company'' sponsor. Makes me laugh, best, or possibly worst name company in the world.

"I still wear my Colman''s sponsored shirt but still fancy getting an early ''80s one of the Fashanu era."The Colmans one is the one I wore at the last match I went to, so you''re not alone [;)]  I''ve bought others since, but the new ones will be going on my lads back, once every 2 seasons.Jas - The new shirt is an option.  You don''t have to buy it, but if you want to, you can.  Where''s the big deal.

"So at what age should we stop buying or wearing the club shirt? come to that at what age should we stop buying Season tickets? I only ask because I''m a 60+ teenager, who gets involved with the crowd and will do untill I put that wooden overcoat on."

Pete, I also wear a club shirt and I am in my 50s. I''m not saying older people shouldn''t or don''t wear the shirt, I am saying that perhaps it''s the younger ones who feel the most pressurised to have the latest one!

I''ve got more of a beef with the telephone queue system for tickets. At least if you pay £50 for a shirt you get it. Yet you can spend a lot of money on the phone ringing up and not even getting in the queue - let alone getting tickets. Why not just have an engaged tone if people can''t get through to the queue. With the shirt people can choose to buy one if they want - I personally nowadays don''t.

Jeez, my ''03 is 9 years old, admittedly the fuzzy raised logo is beginning to lose its color a bit or its adopting other colors from whatever is in the washing machine with it. 

Not sure what happened to my ''bird sh1t'' one, think i definitely outgrew that one as it was a kids, long sleeve as well i think!

Anyway nostalgia over. i won''t be getting this seasons shirt just yet but will do at some point i''m sure. I will however get a new england shirt with "holt 9" on the back.regardless of whether he goes or not for the Euro''s.

I bought a retro style shirt, won''t ever need to replace it until it gets a bit tatty or I feel the need, if you really feel the need to have the new shirt every year then that''s your fault, not the club''s.