Sign in to follow this  
notreallyhere

A message of thanks to Norwich fans

Morning, Man City fan here. Made the trip down to Norwich yesterday and just want to pass on my thanks to Norwich fans, spoke to a lot of you before and after the game and they were all absolutely sound, a great laugh. Had a great time before we even get to the score, my new favourite away day.

As for the game, we played really well but you were well in the game for 70 minutes and up to then it could really have gone either way. In the end 6-1 was harsh on you. Having said that Tevez played very well and it was the best game Aguero''s had since the turn of the year, he was always a threat. Can''t knock the job Paul Lambert and your squad has done this season, fully deserve to stay up. Good luck for the rest of this season, and for next.

Fair comment, NRH . Some of your play was world-class, to be fair. Did not realise that it was only the fourth time you''d started with Tevez and Aguero. Just our luck...... but I guess it must make you guys wonder "what might have been " ?!  Also, don''t know who Mancini is trying to kid when he says the title race is finished . Can''t suppose that your Scottish mate down at OT will fall for that type of guff, and, at the end of the day he''s the only one that matters.

Only downside from your point of view was that you did not get to hear Delia shout again......

Good luck to MCFC too. I don''t believe the title race is over yet and I still believe/hope that you can win it.

You and your fans deserve some success I think. Pay no attention to the small minded NCFC fans who call you moneybags and would rather see United win yet another title.

Good luck for the rest of the season especially the Newcastle and Man Utd games.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

Fair comment, NRH . Some of your play was world-class, to be fair. Did not realise that it was only the fourth time you''d started with Tevez and Aguero. Just our luck...... but I guess it must make you guys wonder "what might have been " ?!  Also, don''t know who Mancini is trying to kid when he says the title race is finished . Can''t suppose that your Scottish mate down at OT will fall for that type of guff, and, at the end of the day he''s the only one that matters.

Only downside from your point of view was that you did not get to hear Delia shout again......

[/quote]

Mancini''s getting into the mind games, you will have seen the wry smile he had during his MOTD interview after he said it was finished. He knows exactly what he''s doing. As for Tevez and Aguero, it really is a shame Tevez did what he did because they''d have been a force to be reckoned with as a first choice strike partnership.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]What is the general view on Tevez now?[/quote]

Definitely not forgiven, no amount of goals will change what he did.=. But it would be very, very petty if we had a player of his quality available and didn''t start him. That was proved yesterday. If he scores a few between now and the summer he might be the difference, and it''ll get his value back up for the summer and interest a few clubs because no matter how he does until the end of the season he''s got to go.

Man U may well win the league this season but City are by far the best team in the division. Could you please explain the "we''re not really here" chant cos I don''t get it!?

[quote user="The Gruffalo"]Good luck to MCFC too. I don''t believe the title race is over yet and I still believe/hope that you can win it.

You and your fans deserve some success I think. Pay no attention to the small minded NCFC fans who call you moneybags and would rather see United win yet another title.

Good luck for the rest of the season especially the Newcastle and Man Utd games.[/quote]

You couldn''t resist that little dig at your fellow fans, could you?

The origins of We''re Not Really Here aren''t exactly known. One of the stories is that years ago a pub with blues in got smashed, the police turned up and they started singing it. Sounds like a strange one but it''s a strange song!

I think people forget what Man City fans have had to endure over the years. There is a lot of dark humour from them but none of the arrogance of their neighbours'' supporters.

Long term I want to see more British players in the EPL although I accept that top foreign talent can raise the standard and a formula needs to be devised to provide for a more even playing field to increase the competitiveness of the league. In the short term I don''t begrudge Man City their windfall - especially the off the field development associated with it.

I honestly believe that if we had played you when Arsenal did we would have met a very different side on the day and might have taken points, as it was on some days top talent is going to click, a team is going to click (as we did at Spurs) and the goals can fly in. Seventeen attempts out of twenty-two plus another two hitting the woodwork is incredible accuracy by any standards and Man City would have beaten anyone yesterday.

From our point of view we have to ensure our young players handle the defeat and don''t lose confidence and it''s always tough seeing Paul Lambert taking a hit. That said, I compare how we feel to the disappointment of Everton yesterday; the blows to Blackburn and QPR and the potential, eventual disappointment of Man City fans and in the great scheme of things it pales somewhat.

Norwich City have won their league challenge this season and our fans need to celebrate it.

I''m kind of torn - have a lot of time for Man City and what they have endured, and would like to see them win. But even with their annoying arrogance and everything, Man U do have a lot of home-nation/home-grown players and rightly or wrongly (given how they probably nabbed the best players off the other clubs), don''t have the same sort of feel about ''buying'' the title...something that does ''grate'' a bit as with Chelski.

Other than Arsenal every team that has won the Premier league has bought the title so good luck to City and their fans. Blackburn did it with Walkers money, Man U have broke the British transfer record time and time again. And obviously Cheski''s money.

Branston - I really find it odd when people say that Man Utd "haven''t bought the title."

David de Gea - £19 million, Rio Ferdinand £30 million, Wayne Rooney £27 million, Ashley Young £20 million, Michael Carrick £16 million, Chris Smalling £10 million, Antonio Valencia £16 million, Phil Jones £16 million, Dimitar Berbatov £30 million, Nani £15 million, plus the ''smaller'' fees of about £7 million paid for Evra, Vidic and Hernandez etc,etc.

They "haven''t bought the title". Really???

[quote user="notreallyhere"]Morning, Man City fan here. Made the trip down to Norwich yesterday and just want to pass on my thanks to Norwich fans, spoke to a lot of you before and after the game and they were all absolutely sound, a great laugh. Had a great time before we even get to the score, my new favourite away day. As for the game, we played really well but you were well in the game for 70 minutes and up to then it could really have gone either way. In the end 6-1 was harsh on you. Having said that Tevez played very well and it was the best game Aguero''s had since the turn of the year, he was always a threat. Can''t knock the job Paul Lambert and your squad has done this season, fully deserve to stay up. Good luck for the rest of this season, and for next.[/quote]

Thanks for that. I think there''s a lot of respect between the two sets of fans. I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to the Etihad in December (despite another walloping!) and have to say that your fans treated us brilliantly. Despite your current riches (and good luck to you, any club would swap given the chance) you''ve been on a similar trip to us and yet stuck with your team. Although I think you''ve left yourselves too much to do I genuinley hope you win the League and wipe the smile of that purple faced twat''s face!

Look forward to coming up to your place again next year. Who knows, the Gruffalo might emerge from behind his keyboard and come with me.....

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Branston - I really find it odd when people say that Man Utd "haven''t bought the title." David de Gea - £19 million, Rio Ferdinand £30 million, Wayne Rooney £27 million, Ashley Young £20 million, Michael Carrick £16 million, Chris Smalling £10 million, Antonio Valencia £16 million, Phil Jones £16 million, Dimitar Berbatov £30 million, Nani £15 million, plus the ''smaller'' fees of about £7 million paid for Evra, Vidic and Hernandez etc,etc. They "haven''t bought the title". Really???[/quote]

They''ve bought the title over and over. They are no different to Chelski and Man City, except that they''ve done it over a longer term and will therefore be ok under the Financial Fair Play rules. Chelski and Man City should start to worry as they could well find themselves banned under the new rules from Champions League qualification.  That of course will help the lower teams such as us !!

I did say rightly or wrongly! You can''t really tar Man U with quite the same brush, and are going back rather a long way with some of the transfers quoted. I am really no fan of Man U but it is absolutely true that they also have any number of ''home grown'' players in their squad/side at any one time; I think I''m right that Man City had just one (non starter) yesterday.

Man City have obviously had a lot more success than NCFC, and are currently 1000000 miles ahead of us, but I look at the clubs and see a lot of similarities. We have both been in the top flight for a lot of years in the past, but have also both had to endure the lows, such as League 1 (Div 2 as it was when MCFC were there) mediocre seasons in the championship/div 1 and now back in the big time. Both sets of fans have had to endure so many bad times, but we have always stayed with the clubs, unlike Leeds, Forest and Leicester fans etc. Yes if you win the title, it''s only because of the money, but good luck to you. We have more than succeeded this year as 17th was the target, and you will only really succeed if you win the title, but if you don''t get it this year, it won''t be long!! See you next year, where we won''t be beaten 11-2 overall!!!

I hope you win the title, you deserve some success. City fans have stuck with the club through some pretty tough years and have lived in the shadow of Manure for far too long.Other fans may say they despise all the money thats come your way and the success it has brought, but if the shoe was on the other foot they would all be swaggering and enjoying the ride.Good luck!

I''m sure the OP doesnt''t need me to tell him to enjoy this moment in the sunshine whilst it lasts because we all know that in true Man City fashion this will all blow up in your faces before long (if indeed it hasn''t already?).

One other note, I''ve detected from our two matches against Man City this season an unpleasant arrogance with their fans.......be careful Man City that you don''t turn into the very thing that youve always stood against for, ......Man United

Very classy munich chants during the game.

Hopefully you never buy the league. I prefer the champions of England to have earned it.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Branston - I really find it odd when people say that Man Utd "haven''t bought the title."

David de Gea - £19 million, Rio Ferdinand £30 million, Wayne Rooney £27 million, Ashley Young £20 million, Michael Carrick £16 million, Chris Smalling £10 million, Antonio Valencia £16 million, Phil Jones £16 million, Dimitar Berbatov £30 million, Nani £15 million, plus the ''smaller'' fees of about £7 million paid for Evra, Vidic and Hernandez etc,etc.

They "haven''t bought the title". Really???[/quote]

But that money was earned by Manchester United through success. Much like we''ve signed Ryan Bennett in January through earning Premier League money through success of the club.

Man City didn''t earn their money, they were handed it by some Arab Sheikh.

Very odd post Thirsty Lizard.

[quote user="iwansnorwich"][quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Branston - I really find it odd when people say that Man Utd "haven''t bought the title." David de Gea - £19 million, Rio Ferdinand £30 million, Wayne Rooney £27 million, Ashley Young £20 million, Michael Carrick £16 million, Chris Smalling £10 million, Antonio Valencia £16 million, Phil Jones £16 million, Dimitar Berbatov £30 million, Nani £15 million, plus the ''smaller'' fees of about £7 million paid for Evra, Vidic and Hernandez etc,etc. They "haven''t bought the title". Really???[/quote] But that money was earned by Manchester United through success. Much like we''ve signed Ryan Bennett in January through earning Premier League money through success of the club. Man City didn''t earn their money, they were handed it by some Arab Sheikh. Very odd post Thirsty Lizard.[/quote]

How they got the money is irrelevant, they still spent multi-millions buying their titles. To compare our purchasing Ryan Bennett for ''peanuts'' to buying Wayne Rooney for 26m or Rio Ferdinand for 30m is surely a joke.   

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="iwansnorwich"][quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Branston - I really find it odd when people say that Man Utd "haven''t bought the title." David de Gea - £19 million, Rio Ferdinand £30 million, Wayne Rooney £27 million, Ashley Young £20 million, Michael Carrick £16 million, Chris Smalling £10 million, Antonio Valencia £16 million, Phil Jones £16 million, Dimitar Berbatov £30 million, Nani £15 million, plus the ''smaller'' fees of about £7 million paid for Evra, Vidic and Hernandez etc,etc. They "haven''t bought the title". Really???[/quote] But that money was earned by Manchester United through success. Much like we''ve signed Ryan Bennett in January through earning Premier League money through success of the club. Man City didn''t earn their money, they were handed it by some Arab Sheikh. Very odd post Thirsty Lizard.[/quote]

How they got the money is irrelevant, they still spent multi-millions buying their titles. To compare our purchasing Ryan Bennett for ''peanuts'' to buying Wayne Rooney for 26m or Rio Ferdinand for 30m is surely a joke.   

[/quote]

Just because Bennett cost £3m and Ferdinand £30m is irrelevant. The principle is the same.

What you''re saying is if we win the league next year we''ll have bought it, because our players cost transfer fees. Think about what you''re saying.

[quote user="iwansnorwich"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote] Just because Bennett cost £3m and Ferdinand £30m is irrelevant. The principle is the same. What you''re saying is if we win the league next year we''ll have bought it, because our players cost transfer fees. Think about what you''re saying.[/quote]

Ah, so we are buying the title because we are signing players.  I think you''re missing the point somewhat.  

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="iwansnorwich"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote] Just because Bennett cost £3m and Ferdinand £30m is irrelevant. The principle is the same. What you''re saying is if we win the league next year we''ll have bought it, because our players cost transfer fees. Think about what you''re saying.[/quote]

Ah, so we are buying the title because we are signing players.  I think you''re missing the point somewhat.  

[/quote]

I''ve missed the point?

"Ah, so we are buying the title because we are signing players. "

That is exactly what YOU claimed in reference to Man Utd.

I gave the example of our squad because though it cost less, the cost is irrelevant here.

If I''m missing the point please explain, but it looks to me like you''re out of your depth.

[quote user="iwansnorwich"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="iwansnorwich"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote] I''ve missed the point? "Ah, so we are buying the title because we are signing players. " That is exactly what YOU claimed in reference to Man Utd. I gave the example of our squad because though it cost less, the cost is irrelevant here. If I''m missing the point please explain, but it looks to me like you''re out of your depth.[/quote]

Buying established world class players for world record transfer fees such as Rooney and Ferdinand to win titles is is effectively ''buying'' titles. I hardly would class Ryan Bennett as an established world class player, so yes, you are missing the point and by a very wide margin !!!!  

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="iwansnorwich"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="iwansnorwich"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote] I''ve missed the point? "Ah, so we are buying the title because we are signing players. " That is exactly what YOU claimed in reference to Man Utd. I gave the example of our squad because though it cost less, the cost is irrelevant here. If I''m missing the point please explain, but it looks to me like you''re out of your depth.[/quote]

Buying established world class players for world record transfer fees such as Rooney and Ferdinand to win titles is is effectively ''buying'' titles. I hardly would class Ryan Bennett as an established world class player, so yes, you are missing the point and by a very wide margin !!!!  

[/quote]

Man Utd earned their money through being successful. You mentioned buying established world class players. Ok. If Man Utd win the title this season have they bought it? They have no world class players, only one in their lineup today (Ferdinand) has ever been world class (except Scholes, but hes a youth product). The rest were youngsters or players with potential who Man Utd have trained up. Is that OK by your rules?

Let''s say we keep progressing, in 10 years we''ve got players who all cost £20 and we win 3 straight titles.

Have we bought those titles? No. Our club progressed.

Did we buy our place in the Premier League last year? We spent more than most in the Championship. No.

The message that seems to be coming out is that sugar daddies are what people don''t like.   Someone that comes in with bulging pockets and immediately goes out and buys the most expensive players they can, effectively trying to buy immediate success.    Manure have been evolving over decades - they were always a rich club (75000 tourists each week helps) so they have never just gone out one season and bought £100''s millions pounds worth of players like Chelski and Citeh. 

What other clubs try to do is evlove into successful clubs by buying within their means and good management (we are a great example).   One man coming in and buying the title - actually is an insult to all ordinary fans and rips the heart out of a club.  ManCity might be enjoying their success  - although they haven''t won anything yet - but can you tell me they are enjoying Balotelli? Tevez?  Do these kind of players represent City or themselves?     I hope Norwich never succumbe to the sugar daddy route and buy in mercenaries to bulldoze their way to a title.  

Its a bit like winning the lottery.  You think that winning £20 million will solve all your problems. It doesn''t - it just presents new problems.  Money does not make you successful - it just means you''ve got more money.    Even if  ManCity win the title  - will their fans appreciate it as much as if they had to evolve like most other clubs?   I don''t know.

I bumped into some really arrogant man city fans yesterday but also met some top fans. I suppose your gonna get that with every club. Generally though I think your a great bunch and deserve some success . Tevez though is a joke and he shows everything that is wrong with football