Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

For Gawds sake, just go Worthy!.

[quote]Why was Helveg dropped after the first two games? If you were AT those two games you''d know how abysmal he was - every pass went to the other side, he was too slow and constantly caught in possesion.[/quote]

And what about giving the player a proper chance, BedsCanary? He had barely been here 5 minutes and people were blaming him, including the manager, after 2 games?! Then Edworthy gets his chance, and hasn''t lost it since. Worthington always likes to say those who play well will ''keep the shirt'' - if that''s the case, then I don''t know how the likes of Edworthy and Holt have kept theirs - Helveg might have underperformed in your eyes in those 2 games, but the rest who Worthington favours have done so for 30+ games. There''s no excuse.

no. i think its good that he said what he said. The players need to fight more.

The whole sack worthy thing has gone of for so long, its only thing around at the moment

and its getting very tedious having to read the same thing

[quote]Why was Helveg dropped after the first two games? If you were AT those two games you''d know how abysmal he was - every pass went to the other side, he was too slow and constantly caught in possesion.[/quote]

Did you see the Liverpool match? Helveg played masterfully, and STILL lost his place to Edworthy the next game. If Edworthy was given the shirt for the entire season for simply two poor games from Helveg, then Helveg should have comfortably won it back in the Liverpool match.

the worthy out brigade keep harping on about helveg and safri , but correct me if i''m wrong but were these not the same players who were being slagged off when they were playing you can''t have it both ways.

[quote]the worthy out brigade keep harping on about helveg and safri , but correct me if i''m wrong but were these not the same players who were being slagged off when they were playing you can''t have it both...[/quote]

Helveg and Safri were criticised for earlier performances, but it does not mean they should automatically be excluded from contention when others in their position are playing poorly. Furthermore, neither really got the chance to settle into first team football - perhaps if they did they could have given valuable contributions.

Secondly, the whole Helveg/Safri situation is one gripe of around 15!

[quote]Well said Campbell, Thank goodness for a bit of constructive thinking in this Forum that has now descended into categories of :- "Sack him", "Drop him ! " "Let''s have yet another a poll on who I ...[/quote]

Morning Jim: Like me, we both go back years following City, yes?.

So, when was the last last time City had such an awful defence, apart from the Hamilton days?.

Worthy picks the team, yes?.

The defence can''t keep a clean sheet, and yet, he still picks the same ''old'' players responsible for those defeats, yes?.

8 points from the last 48, yes?.

And you and others are happy with the manager?.

There are dozens of other examples I could use, but for now I''ll refrain.

Now, if you can give me any reasons why others and I may be wrong in our judgement of the manager, then I''m prepared to listen my friend. If you read this thread, there is an increasing number of anti Worthy posters joining every day, these boards and my private messages and e mails attest to this!.

Now if we are all wrong, and you and dwindling others are right, Worthy will come good.

The only trouble with that of course is that while we all are waiting, West Brom, Palace and Southampton, are giving it their best shot, and we''re rolling over and playing dead.

And as a City fan that hurts, and I believe one man in particular is at fault for that..... the manager, who can''t manage!.

And I''ll keep on saying that until Worthy goes!, my respected friend.

in regard to those that say we complained about helveg and safri

helveg had a rough pre-season and altho his two starts he look''d out of sorts... you just knew that given 4-5 games he would be fine

safri has only been considered in a five man midfield with un-creative midfielders francis and holt so its clear he had a lot do... and clearly worthy thinks a scottish midfielder who can ONLY track back is what we need

worthington has to answer these problems

if he does not have a good summer in the window then worthy is going to have a tough time