Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

What does 'Norfolk n Chance' mean?

ohhhhhh, no f***in chance. I get it. haha, thanks.Sorry it''s just I''ve seen it around on various things and wondered what it meant. cheers

Norfolk ''n'' idea :)

Or you might say the Tractor Boys are Norfolk ''n'' good.

It originates from an excellent book about City & the excellent 1993/4 season.The book is called Norfolk ''N'' Good & it''s by Kevin Baldwin.Best book ever written about NCFC by a mile.Get hold of a copy if you can, it''s brilliant stuff.You won''t be dissapointed - I''ve read my copy 10+ times & it still makes me laugh.Classic line in the first chapter  (first game of the season, Arsenal away on Saturday 15th August 1993 & we''re 2 nil down before half time)Even at this early stage of the season, the man standing next to mefelt the need to retire for a few minutes of quiet contemplation.  "F-*k this, I''m going for a pasty", he said. We won the game 4-2 & the rest is history.

Making Plans (or should I call you you Kevin?) - it pre-dates this.

Years ago, there was a case of someone that tried to register "Norfolk ''n Chance" as a racehorse. Surprisingly, they spotted it and permission for the name was refused.

[quote user="Harry"]I used to be bowl in a ten pin bowling twam called Norfolk ''n'' Good.[/quote]

We were on holiday once, and as part of the entertainment, they had a pool side quiz, and we called ourselves the same thing. The reps nearly choked when they announced our team name over the microphone!

[quote user=" Badger"]Making Plans (or should I call you you Kevin?) - it pre-dates this.

Years ago, there was a case of someone that tried to register "Norfolk ''n Chance" as a racehorse. Surprisingly, they spotted it and permission for the name was refused.[/quote]

I believe it was Wayne Rooney that tried to name one of his newly bought horses ''Norfolk enchants''

Not just a pretty face...

[quote user="Making Plans"]It originates from an excellent book about City & the excellent 1993/4 season.The book is called Norfolk ''N'' Good & it''s by Kevin Baldwin.Best book ever written about NCFC by a mile.Get hold of a copy if you can, it''s brilliant stuff.You won''t be dissapointed - I''ve read my copy 10+ times & it still makes me laugh.Classic line in the first chapter  (first game of the season, Arsenal away on Saturday 15th August 1993 & we''re 2 nil down before half time)Even at this early stage of the season, the man standing next to mefelt the need to retire for a few minutes of quiet contemplation.  "F-*k this, I''m going for a pasty", he said. We won the game 4-2 & the rest is history.[/quote]

That was a great book - should be compulsory reading for Norwich fans. I particularly like the alternative laws of football.

Fantastic read. I have read it a couple of times and it is a fantastic account of the best season we will probably ever. Some really stuff. Kevin Baldwin was very unlucky because I think "Fever Pitch" by Nick Hornby happened to be released about a couple months before his book. Had it been the other way around it is not impossible that Baldwin''s book could have got that level of acclaim. It was certainly good to have done in my view.

Anyone know where to get a copy of the book?I wasn''t in the country at the time so it will be a good history lesson.