Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Eureka! I've cracked it. What? Why Edworthy, Fleming & Holt play every week

It''s all part of Worthy''s master stategy.

Having secretly accepted at Xmas that we would get relegated, he started forward planning for next season.

He figured that Edworthy, Holt and Fleming could do a job for us next year in the Championship. Particularly since he doesn''t trust or know how to work with our exotic imports,

Then he figured that in order to keep our happy trio of honest joes happy and on board with the gaffer, he would have to play them for the rest of this season.

Eureka! The Grand Strategy revealed at last.

Eddy, Flem and Holty will lead our Championship campaign next year.

QED.

OTBC.

they''ll all be playing in a championship reserve team

fleming is too slow, gets out of posn. not up to championship forwards

holt, waste of a player... all he does is runs, can''t pass

eddy, depends if he re-signs... i think worthy will be lookin at a young right back to come in... and do we somehow manage to keep helveg... who has been mismanaged by worthy

I think Edworthy is worth keeping for the Championship.
Fleming should probably retire
and Holt is worth keeping but i would like to see a young midfielder come in to take his first team place

It''s all well and good saying who will be good for the Championship next season, but we need to be looking at 2007. If we keep the same players for the whole of next season and end up promoted, we''ll have to replace Eddy, Fleming, Holt and Charlton simply because they will be too old. We''d probably be in a worse position than at the start of this season. Not only would we have to find capable replacements but those players will need time to gel into the team. So we could end up underacheiving at the start of 2007 in the Premiership and that''s exactly what we don''t need.

The aforementioned players need to be replaced by the middle of next season or we''ll be screwed.

[quote]It''s all well and good saying who will be good for the Championship next season, but we need to be looking at 2007. If we keep the same players for the whole of next season and end up promoted, we''ll ...[/quote]

Excellent post, Dom. You''re right, we shouldn''t be looking to keep Championship quality players, people say they are good enough and are proven there but how can we be so sure - i.e - the players involved will all be older and slower than in our championship winning season, they''re not getting any younger. We need a total clearout of the dead wood and to get in some younger talent.