Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Sky sports News says we are safe mathematically, How?

Dear oh dear!!! Please ignore my previous post. My maths has gone downhill since that 3rd glass of wine!! Fear not though, we were safe when we got the point against Everton in my opinion.

Using the predictor from the BBC, we are not mathematically safe as Bolton can reach 45 with QPR and Wigan both reaching 43 with us, which means 1 point is enough to see us safe.

[quote user="CantonsHero"]Using the predictor from the BBC, we are not mathematically safe as Bolton can reach 45 with QPR and Wigan both reaching 43 with us, which means 1 point is enough to see us safe.[/quote]

No, we are not yet mathematically safe. If Bolton lose at Aston Villa on Tuesday then we will be. Failing that then if either Bolton or Wigan or QPR lose at the weekend then we will be. Failing all of that (!) then a point for us against Liverpool makes us safe. Failing that...[:P]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="CantonsHero"]Using the predictor from the BBC, we are not mathematically safe as Bolton can reach 45 with QPR and Wigan both reaching 43 with us, which means 1 point is enough to see us safe.[/quote]

No, we are not yet mathematically safe. If Bolton lose at Aston Villa on Tuesday then we will be. Failing that then if either Bolton or Wigan or QPR lose at the weekend then we will be. Failing all of that (!) then a point for us against Liverpool makes us safe. Failing that...[:P]

[/quote]

Jesus wept!

Where did some of you go to school?  St Trinians?

Yes, if Bolton lose at Villa we are safe, if they win, but then lose their next game we will be safe, if they draw at Villa then draw their next game we are safe. 

Should Bolton win their next 2 games, then if either Wigan or QPR DRAW at the weekend we are safe!!!!

Hardly funkin rocket science is it?[:^)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

Jesus wept!

Yes, if Bolton lose at Villa we are safe, if they win, but then lose their next game we will be safe, if they draw at Villa then draw their next game we are safe. 

Should Bolton win their next 2 games, then if either Wigan or QPR DRAW at the weekend we are safe!!!!

[/quote]

And yes, should we pick up just 1 more point, 1 draw from our remaining 3 fixtures then we are safe.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

Jesus wept!

[/quote]

And yes, should we pick up just 1 more point, 1 draw from our remaining 3 fixtures then we are safe.

[/quote]

Just to clarify lol, where I say draw, it''s obviously draw or lose, in case I need to clarify that for the special ones!!!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

Jesus wept!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just to clarify lol, where I say draw, it''s obviously draw or lose, in case I need to clarify that for the special ones!!!

[/quote]

Look, I''ll simplify it even further for the thickies, as soon as one of the following happens, we are mathematically safe -

- Bolton lose

- If Bolton draw one of their remaining games, then when they draw or lose another

- Norwich draw

- Wigan draw or lose

- QPR draw or lose

[quote user="Firedawg"]Thanks Purple, Don''t think slim explained it well enough ![/quote]

That''s because he didn''t go to St Trinian''s!!!

Is this the same Sky Sports News that said Lambert had gone to Burnley and once also said that Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank was going to be announced as our manager ?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Firedawg"]Thanks Purple, Don''t think slim explained it well enough ![/quote]

[/quote]

Wish I flippin had though![Y]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If only you had passed the maths exam...[:P]

[quote user="Firedawg"]So we are safe then or not ?[/quote]

I think come next Saturday when liverpool send out a weakend side in line for the cup the week after then we will be, They are out of just about everything else this season if I''m right, the FA cup is thier only chance now, so will they be more interested in that or what .   

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If only you had passed the maths exam...[:P]

[/quote]

Well I went to High school,    It was on top of a bloody great hill.

We are not safe mathematically but Blackburn and Wolves cannot catch us. If Wigan win all their 3 remaining games by 2 clear goals, and we lose all our remaining 3 by two clear goals, we still stay up at their expense as our GD would be -19 and theirs would be -20

Also if we tied on GD then goals scored must come into it? QPR would also have to win all 3 remaining games (as well as Wigan!) and Bolton need 4 wins and a draw as well as a massive swing in goal difference.

What SSN must mean is that ''mathematically'' the chances of all that happening must be well over 1000 to 1 (a guess!)

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]Back in the real world......We are safe. Regardless of whether it is mathematically certain or not- we are.[/quote]Yes, yes, I understand the odds and all that but many of us remember 1985 !!