Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Congratulations Russell Martin

Today will be his 100th League Start.

He came in and was a scape goat. Now look at him keeping Naughton out of the team and has been brilliant!

Well Done [y]

I much prefer Naughton, but Martins had a decent season, arguably he''s been better at centre half than right back. I think the only reason Martins starting ahead of Naughton is because Naughton won''t be here next season, and as we''re safe he''s giving the games to Martin.

Good lad, been a great servant to us and a good squad member who rarely lets us down but if we are to progress we won''t be playing Martin and Drury regularly as our full back combo next season. Both can do a job when called upon buts its an area we will need to stregthen. Both had dodgy first halves today.

keeping Naughton out is strange!!! He is nowhere near as good as Naughton!!! Good back up but not a quality regular!!!

Great.  A thread praising someone''s achievement turns into a player bashing.    Martin has been a strong member of the squad ever since he came to Norwich and epitomises the manager''s outlook.   Never gives up, never has his head down.  

I love Russell Martin to bits. He was steady in League 1, absolutely sensational in the Championship and has been great as a squad player this season. But unfortunately his most convincing performances have not been as a full back this season. He has looked much more secure at centre half to be honest. I think we need more competition in both full back areas next season or it could be a long hard struggle.

Been superb for since signing as a relative unknown in League 1!

While I agree we''ll need to strengthen in the fullback positions next season, Martin and Drury in my opinion should be part of the squad!

I still want both to be part of the squad next season particularly Martin as he can play anywhere along the back 4 which is priceless when you havent got a massive squad. But I think it is tellingly that if everything had gone to plan that neither would probably have been first choice this season. Tierney has excelled at left back and made the position his own while Naughton has been fantastic at right back.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Been superb for since signing as a relative unknown in League 1!

While I agree we''ll need to strengthen in the fullback positions next season, Martin and Drury in my opinion should be part of the squad!

[/quote]Yep - I remember when he first joined has scapegoat of the week for a month or two, turned into a very important player for us.