Sign in to follow this  
militantcanary

Out of contract players - Our own and others

I am getting a little concerned about the lack of movement on our out of contract players of which they are lots;

Ward

Whitbread

Fox

Jackson

Adeyemi

Ball

Dawson

Drury

Wilbraham

Rudd

Some of these are quite tricky as if we really want to improve the squad rapidly they won''t get too many games next year, Ward and Jackson seem to fall into this category for example. However they are worth about a million each in the transfer market and seem too good to just release.

Also as the english out of contract players seem too old or not fitting into our mentality Owen, Johnson, Z Knight are we looking abroad?? I am not sure we have got any foreign scouts even now, but if we do how about Holman AZ Alkmaar for example?

Is Jay Rodriquez really out of contract as he would be a very good signing.

The conspiracy theorist in me says that there are probably a few of those listed that have already been signed up, but not been made public due to the negative effect it would have on those that haven''t.

You have no idea what is actually going on behind the scenes though. Deals may well be already on the table for those that Lambert wants to stay.

Besides, I''m sure they trust Lambert and he trusts them, he probably just wants to get the season out of the way first. Don''t blame him either!

PL is probably waiting to see how we finish. In the unlikely event that we finish in the last relegation place, the players he will need next year will be slightly different to those for aiming at a higher Permiership finish.

I suspect that some talks have been opened already, and I suspect that he already knows which new players he wants to sign, a) for the Premiership and b) for the Championship if the worst happens.

Expect all to be revealed once we are safe!

List includes loanees therefore not all available at end of season.

Kightly at Wolves is honestly the only one I''d be interested in. We''d probably be able to get him with relegation looming as well.

I know that he is hated by Norwich fans but I still think Andy Johnson would be a good signing. I''d imagine his wages would be high but he has always scored goals at this level.

Other players I''d look at on that list that aren''t loanee''s are:

• Danny Guthrie
  • Paul Scharner
  • Sylvian Distin
  • Jonathan Woodgate
  • Michael Kightly
  • Ryan Nelson

I can see them all being chased by clubs who can offer bigger wages, but they are the ones I''d look at.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]

I know that he is hated by Norwich fans but I still think Andy Johnson would be a good signing. I''d imagine his wages would be high but he has always scored goals at this level.

Other players I''d look at on that list that aren''t loanee''s are:

• Danny Guthrie - Hmm, a bit of an also-ran, can''t see what he''d add to our midfield, wouldn''t be disappointed if we got him though

• Paul Scharner - Too old

• Sylvian Distin - Yes, but probs too much wages

• Jonathan Woodgate - too risky with Injuries, and a lot on wages, but if we could get him on an affordable deal, definately

• Michael Kightly - yeah, why not, seems realistic too. I hope he''s over his bad injury. One of the few bright lights for Wolves recently.

• Ryan Nelson - hmm, maybe what our back line needs, someone a bit more Ugly who will boot the ball away  when needed and stop sloppy goals from set pieces. I think he''ll want too much money though.

I can see them all being chased by clubs who can offer bigger wages, but they are the ones I''d look at.

[/quote]

[quote user="AJ"]Kightly at Wolves is honestly the only one I''d be interested in. We''d probably be able to get him with relegation looming as well.[/quote] I agree there AJ, but I wouldn''t mind Lambert taking a look over the Channel though...decent player from Germany or Holland?

i had actually missed two as well

add K Smith and Francomb to the list of out of contract players that is 12

I have looked at the players going out of contract in a year''s time as well, there are another 7 which is not so many

These include; C Martin, Lappin, Crofts who I assume are all likely to be sold.

Jackson and K Smith have 1 year options, which would mean that they can their contract extended without signing a further contract, I assume that will happen.

I think we need to turn the squad over big time in the next 2 months, I would also sell Barnett and Morrison to add to those 3.