Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

The Morison bashing HAS to stop!

There was a guy behind me at Blackburn today who booed Morison when it was announced he was coming on. Completely un-necessary! Why travel for all that distance just to boo a player on the team you''re "supposed" to be supporting? Madness.Thankfully the yellow army drowned the moron out with chants of Morison. My choice for ''chant of the day'' is "15 quid and you dont sell out". Good stuff [Y]The forwards were poor today but the service was non existant until Pilks came on.Just my opinion...OTBC

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]There was a guy behind me at Blackburn today who booed Morison when it was announced he was coming on. Completely un-necessary! Why travel for all that distance just to boo a player on the team you''re "supposed" to be supporting? Madness.

Thankfully the yellow army drowned the moron out with chants of Morison. My choice for ''chant of the day'' is "15 quid and you dont sell out". Good stuff [Y]

The forwards were poor today but the service was non existant until Pilks came on.

Just my opinion...
OTBC

[/quote]

As Harry has only just pointed out a few moments ago......oh goodo yet another Morison thread.[:''(]

Don''t take any notice Shaker, I''m with you on this one.   There was a group of four ''fans'' right  behind me who spent most of the time complaining about him, gave him no credit for the good things he did - a good cross, and setting up Wilbraham to name two.   Just people who have jumped on the bandwagon and can''t get off.   He was as good as he was allowed to be, Blackburn were more defensive minded having gone two up, made it difficult for us up front. 

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]Apols... havent been on the board all day..I''ll go slit my wrists as punishment![/quote]Don''t worry Shaker Maker it''s just the pink''un bouncers acting the maggot again, if your name is not down you''re not getting in.

Since when have I been one of the Pink Un bouncers?

Just getting bored of Morison threads every weekend, it doesn''t matter if they are started in his defence or knocking him they always decend into people slagging each other off for their opinions, tonight there have been 3 seperate threads started in his defence all giving people who want to knock him the chance to have a go at him, if there has to be Steve Morison threads every weekend please can we keep it to just one.

I havent seen any other threads actually sticking up for Morison either yesterday or today?You''ll have to excuse me as I didnt read this forum yesterday. It just annoyed me that the morons behind me booed him as soon as his name was even mentioned!Give the bloke a chance ffs!

Does anyone know what was said between him and a fan about 10 rows back just to the left of the goal. Probably between 75-80 minutes through- I imagine the fans were abusing him, and he turned round and looked like he let rip with some kind of expletive, would be interesting to know what was said?

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]Does anyone know what was said between him and a fan about 10 rows back just to the left of the goal. Probably between 75-80 minutes through- I imagine the fans were abusing him, and he turned round and looked like he let rip with some kind of expletive, would be interesting to know what was said?[/quote]There was a thread about this yesterday, some reason it has been taken down, no idea why, perhaps it got offensive or perhaps the pink''un answer to an NCFC request to take it down (i would seriously hope not, would loss all respect for the pink''un team if that was the case) - perhaps pete can fill us in with what happened to the last thread?

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]If we didn''t have a Morison thread, those of us that didn''t go yesterday wouldn''t be aware that there are idiots still on his case.[/quote]They discussed it on Talk Sport a fair amount. Thats where I found out.

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]Does anyone know what was said between him and a fan about 10 rows back just to the left of the goal. Probably between 75-80 minutes through- I imagine the fans were abusing him, and he turned round and looked like he let rip with some kind of expletive, would be interesting to know what was said?[/quote]

There was a thread about this yesterday, some reason it has been taken down, no idea why, perhaps it got offensive or perhaps the pink''un answer to an NCFC request to take it down (i would seriously hope not, would loss all respect for the pink''un team if that was the case) - perhaps pete can fill us in with what happened to the last thread?
[/quote]

It was probably taken down because it had an alleged  direct quote from one of our players.

and if bored why perpetuate them by commenting and giving them fresh momentum !!

On the subject of Morrison bashing, i agree it really has to stop. I have given him his fair share of criticism this year, as and when i saw it as justified (mainly the Leicester game) but when he comes on i support him as should every single NCFC fan. I understand criticism when it is deserved and get frustrated with people who say you shouldn''t bash any of the players ever, but i completely agree that it has gone over the top with Morro. When he comes on at home you can hear a general moan from around the stands and i guess it''s now starting to happen at away games too. How can you expect a player to perform when he is booed before he even touches the ball.To conclude, moan when it is deserved, and in Morro''s case it has defiently been deserved at some points this season, but all other times get behind our players, whoever it is, no fans should be so hostile towards one of their own players on such a consistent basis, it does no good to anyone

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]Does anyone know what was said between him and a fan about 10 rows back just to the left of the goal. Probably between 75-80 minutes through- I imagine the fans were abusing him, and he turned round and looked like he let rip with some kind of expletive, would be interesting to know what was said?[/quote]

I saw the incident. I was in Row 4 and pretty close to Morison at the time.What happened was that a cross came in and Ward (who played the last 10 minutes at least up front as another forward) got some space but unfortunately got goalside of the ball and ended up heading the ball away from goal. Now, I''m no lip reader but it was pretty clear that Morison said something like.............''What! What the .... was that!''  He was not having a go at the fans but at one of his own colleagues.

I''m sorry but that''s totally unjustified and only confirms my view that Morison has become a ''loner'' at the club. Like him or not, when / if he plays again, try watching his body language and communication. Then contrast that with the other players. Then you''ll see why PL must ship him out in the summer. Nothing to do with ability. Everything to do with teamwork and attitude.