Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

We Had Better Not Carry This Attitude Into Next Season

Spurs aside so much recently has been unacceptable and indicative of players switching off.

The edge has gone and goals against are consistently flying into our goal.

Lambert is going to need a few new faces to shake this squad up.

A lot of talk has come out of the Club recently about a desire to finish strongly which indicates to me they know supporters are discontent.

poor team selection again IMO, should have attacked with 2 wingers, not that stupid diamond formation!!

Yep the quality of balls to the two up front has been so poor today. Definitely one of our weakest performances i''ve seen this year. Was good to see Vaughan play though..

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Spurs aside so much recently has been unacceptable and indicative of players switching off.

The edge has gone and goals against are consistently flying into our goal.

Lambert is going to need a few new faces to shake this squad up.

A lot of talk has come out of the Club recently about a desire to finish strongly which indicates to me they know supporters are discontent.[/quote]What has been so unacceptable?

When has the diamond worked for us this season? Why Lambert doesn''t play to our strengths from the beginning we''ll never know.Also as good as Hoilett''s finish was, he scored an identical goal at Carrow Road so why did Martin let him cut inside onto his right? Need some serious shaking up up front and in defence.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Spurs aside so much recently has been unacceptable and indicative of players switching off. The edge has gone and goals against are consistently flying into our goal. Lambert is going to need a few new faces to shake this squad up. A lot of talk has come out of the Club recently about a desire to finish strongly which indicates to me they know supporters are discontent.[/quote]

Come on ... it''s inevitable isn''t it?

Look at Stoke and Sunderland. When the terror of relegation is off your shoulders and there isn''t a European hope you lose that spring in your step.

If we were in the bottom 5 I''m sure we would have won this game but what situation would you prefer?

The boys have worked incredibly hard this season ... they deserve a bit more respect than you give them.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Spurs aside so much recently has been unacceptable and indicative of players switching off. The edge has gone and goals against are consistently flying into our goal. Lambert is going to need a few new faces to shake this squad up. A lot of talk has come out of the Club recently about a desire to finish strongly which indicates to me they know supporters are discontent.[/quote]

What has been so unacceptable?

[/quote]

You just saved me asking the very same question Gareth.

Quote from Paul Lambert on this site: "Do I believe in psychologists and those type of people? Why have a manager then? That is your psychologist. Years ago I saw the adverse reaction it can have on players so I am not going to bring someone in here who doesn’t have a clue about football and footballers".

I have no idea what ''adverse reaction'' PL thinks he witnessed years ago, but rest assurred a decent modern-day psychologist does not need to know anything whatsoever about football to help them generate an appropriate focus...

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]When has the diamond worked for us this season? Why Lambert doesn''t play to our strengths from the beginning we''ll never know.

Also as good as Hoilett''s finish was, he scored an identical goal at Carrow Road so why did Martin let him cut inside onto his right? Need some serious shaking up up front and in defence.
[/quote]

Agreed. Some supporters are just happy to accept seeing a great shot and goal without considering that it should never have been allowed in the first place !!

Really disappointed, they were on the beach in their holiday desinations today. How many shots on goal?Lambert... THE DIAMOND DOES NOT WORK!!!

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]When has the diamond worked for us this season? Why Lambert doesn''t play to our strengths from the beginning we''ll never know.Also as good as Hoilett''s finish was, he scored an identical goal at Carrow Road so why did Martin let him cut inside onto his right? Need some serious shaking up up front and in defence.[/quote]

Agreed. Some supporters are just happy to accept seeing a great shot and goal without considering that it should never have been allowed in the first place !!

[/quote]Ever since Martin has played fullback the one rule he has been taught is ''show him inside''. Against most wingers this would work, but Hoilett is two footed and equally comfortable coming inside, add in the fact that his ''stronger'' foot is his right foot and he was playing on the left and letting him cut inside was a dangerous thing to do. I agree, Martin should have been smarter and tried to force him outside to a position he wasn''t as comfortable in, especially considering he did the exact same thing against Norwich earlier on. What Russel Martin did would have been good against most wingers, but not Hoilett.

If our players don''t wake up soon they''ll end up with a minus 20 goal difference.

I want to see the punch drunk John Ruddy ripping into his defenders more.

I want to see Grant Holt getting over himself because his attitude of late has seen him slip right out of any England reckoning and in the past two games Aaron Wilbraham has shown far more passion and effort.

You never aim for the finish line, you aim beyond it or you fall away. We''ve switched off and it is unacceptable not only for us but also for the other sides fighting for their lives.

Why haven''t Fulham, Sunderland and Swansea switched off?

Perhaps they have to work harder for their support. Norwich City have got arrogant towards their fans. No one should criticise or show dissent. This bit them on the backside midweek with a 17 year old kid.

Stop telling us fans what we should and shouldn''t do. Try telling the players and other staff what their obligations are.

I don''t like the rubbish dished out to Kean this season by Blackburn fans but I do respect the fact he hasn''t turned on supporters .

I am so angry I am seriously considering not turning up to the remaining games despite having paid for them and for next season. Perhaps I''ll go to the beach.

We played very well against Everton (thought we deserved the win), played just as well as we did against Spurs for 70 mins against Man.C (as far as I can remember, Ruddy made about 2 saves before the 72nd min. We could have gone 1-0 up and should have been 2-2).

The last 3 games were fine, bar the Man.C score line (but the performance up till 72 mins was very good). We beat Wolves, despite not playing well, only lost 2-1 to Fulham and they are beating everyone, apparently Wigan was a good result. And played well against Man.U. I wouldn''t say its all that bad.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Why haven''t Fulham, Sunderland and Swansea switched off?

Perhaps they have to work harder for their support. Norwich City have got arrogant towards their fans. No one should criticise or show dissent. This bit them on the backside midweek with a 17 year old kid.

Stop telling us fans what we should and shouldn''t do. Try telling the players and other staff what their obligations are.

I don''t like the rubbish dished out to Kean this season by Blackburn fans but I do respect the fact he hasn''t turned on supporters .

I am so angry I am seriously considering not turning up to the remaining games despite having paid for them and for next season. Perhaps I''ll go to the beach.[/quote]World smallest violin is playing for you right now.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Why haven''t Fulham, Sunderland and Swansea switched off?

I am so angry I am seriously considering not turning up to the remaining games despite having paid for them and for next season. Perhaps I''ll go to the beach.[/quote]World smallest violin is playing for you right now.[/quote]And you still haven''t answered my question: What is so unacceptable?

How about we wake up and realise how crucial the first goal is at this level?

We scored first at Spurs in a really rare instance and went on to win. In all the other games we gave ourselves too much to do and while we get credit for these results coming from behind the fact we not only cannot keep a clean sheet but that we consistently conceed early is no co-incidence.

Paul Lambert had better be determined to root this out because it seriously undermines him.

Pele, no use saying we played well for 70 mins!! the game last 90 + mins!!! You dont get points for the score at 70 mins!!!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I have given a number of examples of what I find unacceptable and will add to it apologist supporters.[/quote]I''m not an apologist, I have already in several threads criticized both tactics and team selection, what I am however, is a realist. I''m realistic in the fact that this season has been tremendous and damned good. I''m realistic in the fact that the club is going to make PR mistakes and be stupid. I''m realistic in the fact that occasionally the team is going to f**k up and we''ll loose games. I''m realistic in the fact some people can''t look back at the greater picture, and I''m realistic in the fact you''ll ignore everything I say and continue spouting whatever you want.  C''est la vie.

Try being realistic about what a poor finish can do to the following season. It is very possible we could lose the final three games as Liverpool are good away, Arsenal are still going for it and Villa might need a result.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Spurs aside so much recently has been unacceptable and indicative of players switching off. The edge has gone and goals against are consistently flying into our goal. Lambert is going to need a few new faces to shake this squad up. A lot of talk has come out of the Club recently about a desire to finish strongly which indicates to me they know supporters are discontent.[/quote]

What has been so unacceptable?

[/quote]

Well, the results, dear boy.

Since the Leicester FA Cup debacle, it''s 8 pts from 10 matches. Relegation form, if we are honest .

PL needs to shake things up a bit. Too many players have got the deckchairs out......

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Spurs aside so much recently has been unacceptable and indicative of players switching off. The edge has gone and goals against are consistently flying into our goal. Lambert is going to need a few new faces to shake this squad up. A lot of talk has come out of the Club recently about a desire to finish strongly which indicates to me they know supporters are discontent.[/quote]What has been so unacceptable?

[/quote]

Well, the results, dear boy.

Since the Leicester FA Cup debacle, it''s 8 pts from 10 matches. Relegation form, if we are honest .

PL needs to shake things up a bit. Too many players have got the deckchairs out......

[/quote]Considering since the FA Cup we have played 3 teams in the top five (Newcastle, Man City, Man utd.)  A Stoke and Fulham team away from home, whose home form are both in the top 10 of the league. The only truly disappointing results are Wigan at home (although it''s looking like that might have been a good point!) Everton (which was a draw against the FA cup semi-finalist) and Blackburn away (A poor result indeed).So out of 10 matches I would claim only two were poor results: the Wigan and Blackburn game. If I had said how many points Norwich would get over the next 10 matches after the FA cup game I would have said 14 at best, and would''ve expected nearer 8. 

Well, that acceptable run of form would give us 30 points next season. Stop making excuses.

If we hadn''t played so well and Spurs so poorly (or if Parker had been playing) we would be on 40 points now and with QPR winning, crapping ourselves.

As it is, if we lose to Liverpool ( acceptable to some as they are Liverpool) and, of course, Arsenal ( because it''s at the Emirates against Arsenal) we could still be in a final relegation spot play off against Villa ( although I haven''t fully taken account of sides below us playing each other.

This is truly crap and I don''t blame PL who is trying to rotate his side to find players who can be @rsed hence Wilbraham and an unfit Vaughan. He will know who has switched off and will no doubt deal with them.

Meanwhile, we hope Spurs will do our job for us.

I would also add that it is easier to take a side fighting for their lives over the line than a side who have switched off and need reviving. We have experienced before how to get into a downward spiral we cannot escape.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Spurs aside so much recently has been unacceptable and indicative of players switching off. The edge has gone and goals against are consistently flying into our goal. Lambert is going to need a few new faces to shake this squad up. A lot of talk has come out of the Club recently about a desire to finish strongly which indicates to me they know supporters are discontent.[/quote]

Come on ... it''s inevitable isn''t it?

Look at Stoke and Sunderland. When the terror of relegation is off your shoulders and there isn''t a European hope you lose that spring in your step.

If we were in the bottom 5 I''m sure we would have won this game but what situation would you prefer?

The boys have worked incredibly hard this season ... they deserve a bit more respect than you give them.

[/quote]Well said.. my thoughts exactly.After three very hard seasons it''s their first chance for a breather and they are fully entitled to it.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Well, that acceptable run of form would give us 30 points next season. Stop making excuses.

If we hadn''t played so well and Spurs so poorly (or if Parker had been playing) we would be on 40 points now and with QPR winning, crapping ourselves.

As it is, if we lose to Liverpool ( acceptable to some as they are Liverpool) and, of course, Arsenal ( because it''s at the Emirates against Arsenal) we could still be in a final relegation spot play off against Villa ( although I haven''t fully taken account of sides below us playing each other.

This is truly crap and I don''t blame PL who is trying to rotate his side to find players who can be @rsed hence Wilbraham and an unfit Vaughan. He will know who has switched off and will no doubt deal with them.

Meanwhile, we hope Spurs will do our job for us.[/quote]I''m not making excuses. I never said it was an acceptable run of form, I said it was an expected run of form when the quality of the sides we have been coming up against has been generally very good.