Sign in to follow this  
Poringland canary

Toothless Canaries a laughing stock

Our recent performances particually away from home have been little short of pathetic, while every bodyrealised that this season would be very difficult i would like to think we could put up considerably moreresistance than has been evident in the last 3 months.Why is it virtually every other team at the bottom ofthe Premier league have put in praiseworthy (and oftenwinning)performances while City have lain down and had their tummy tickled by all and sundry, with 11 games left Craig Fleming said we have 11 cup finals to play well if that is how we play in cup finals it doesn''t say much for this team or management.As for Worthy i think he should stay but with a radical shake up of the coaching staff i would suggest bringing in Dave Williams from the Academyas when he was coach under Dave Stringer we playedsome superb football which despite Worthys constanttalk of our passing game, we have seen precious littleunder his stewardship. OTBC

[quote]Our recent performances particually away from home have been little short of pathetic, while every bodyrealised that this season would be very difficult i would like to think we could put up considera...[/quote]

poringland

your points about dave williams, i completely agree with

i would dearly love to see us playing real football again, whatever the league we are in, when worthy goes on about the passing game i always wonder just what he has been watching!

where is dave stringer these days btw?

I agree with the idea of bringing David Williams into a more influential position. We certainly used to play good football when he was here before.

The only problem is that we have too many players who cannot control the ball efficiently, which is one of the reasons why they panic and get rid of it. Some cannot pass the ball straight, or are colour blind! We have an experienced defence, whose concentration wanders, so they get out of position, and who are too slow to make an effective tackles or blocks.

Quite what David Williams could do with such unpromising material, I am not sure, - we lack players of the quality of those who were here when he was last here. There will have to be some team building. Perhaps he is best where he is, imparting skills to youngsters, who will be part of future teams. Of course, if we could buy some good players, or promising players, then there would be a niche for him.

I share the common feeling that Worthington plus his present two, do not reveal much obvious football intelligence in selection, tactics and motivation.