Just leaving the game and I''ve got to say we were awfull. Worst performance of the season. Didn''t Create a single chance and due to awfull substitutions ended up with Eliot ward up front. We''ve been overachieving this season and today proves that. If we play average were easy prey for every one in this league. Not good enough Lambert, embarrassing display.

Oh well, on the flip side, Coventry in league 1.

Seriously, we are playing the season out I wouldn''t be so harsh on us. We got our business done early as is Lamberts way. Once the pressure is off it''s very hard to maintain the intensity, especially against a team fighting for their lives.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]And Russell Martin, andrew surman, Elliot ward, Steve Morison are not good enough[/quote]Do you ever say anything positive?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]And Russell Martin, andrew surman, Elliot ward, Steve Morison are not good enough[/quote]

No question in your mind then?

Not even a teeny, weeny smidgen of doubt??

Must be nice to live in a world of certainties ...

Oh very, very dear.

The thing is, whenever you play average in the Prem, you will probably lose - look at Tottenham on Easter Monday.

We are safe, the pressure if off - whereas Blackburn needed the 3 points desperately, and with that combination defeat is always possible.  In fact, look at Wigan''s victories against Arsenal and Man Utd - both of them have things to play for, but Wigan managed to beat them.  At this time of the season, all sorts of things happen.

Seriously seems like some posters are waiting every week for us to lose to be able to moan!

I bow to the opinion of anybody who was at the game, I listened to Final Score on the Beed and first half they said we controlled the game, just fell asleep for the goal, from their description it would appear it was the old failing of a cross beating all of our defenders, the second goal was a super strike, Beeb did not say we were awful, I am sure Lambert was unhappy. Not sure why there is the need for so much negativity........

[quote user="Tao of Lambert"]Oh well, on the flip side, Coventry in league 1.

Seriously, we are playing the season out I wouldn''t be so harsh on us. We got our business done early as is Lamberts way. Once the pressure is off it''s very hard to maintain the intensity, especially against a team fighting for their lives.[/quote]I thought it was just me that was enjoying Cov going to League 1. Is this a general feeling amongst Norwich fans? Why is that? Sammy Clingan? 1985*?*Those that know, will know.

[quote user="K Lo"][quote user="Tao of Lambert"]Oh well, on the flip side, Coventry in league 1.

Seriously, we are playing the season out I wouldn''t be so harsh on us. We got our business done early as is Lamberts way. Once the pressure is off it''s very hard to maintain the intensity, especially against a team fighting for their lives.[/quote]I thought it was just me that was enjoying Cov going to League 1. Is this a general feeling amongst Norwich fans? Why is that? Sammy Clingan? 1985*?*Those that know, will know.[/quote]To be fair, and if I recall correctly, it wasn''t really Coventry''s fault that Everton didn''t turn up that day as Everton were already champions.I''m just delighted because it means Cody will score at least 50 next season.  And because Coventry''s a f*cking sh*thole.  When it comes to Coventry you have to say that for once, the Nazis had the right idea.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]And Russell Martin, andrew surman, Elliot ward, Steve Morison are not good enough[/quote]I bet his last ditch clearances are getting near double figures now.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]And Russell Martin, andrew surman, Elliot ward, Steve Morison are not good enough[/quote]

Are these the contenders for the scapegoat of the season award?

talk of steve morison is stupid.From August through to the last game in January this year, he led our line and was part of the team that got us to about 30 points.That is over half a season.I will remind you of Simeon Jackson, did nothing for a whole season, came into the team in April and had an amazing month. This season well again did nothing.So a player who has been here for a season and scored 9 goals mainly as a lone striker in the premier league or a striker who had an amazing month in 2 years. I know who I would rather have here next season.Today we were playing a team who a few weeks ago were on a great run, have slipped up and this game was a game they needed, wanted and had to win. We did play reasonably well without any bite to it in the first half, second half once the 2nd goal went in we never looked like a team capable of changing it up. No worries as we are safe and I still don''t think we played the right system, so I think it goes to show the 4-4-2 that we have seen with Howson and Johnson in the middle is our best midfield group with pilky and EB.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

Are these the contenders for the scapegoat of the season award?

[/quote]

Don''t be silly Webbo as Ruddy is not on that list.[;)]

Mister Chops  you should be bloody ashamed to have stated what you did about the Nazis.   Did you realize, when writing such utter garbage, that well over 1200 innocent people were killed during those Nazi raids and many more than that were seriously injured.   Comments like yours have absolutely no place on a football forum.   As for Cody scoring 50 goals in a season - what planet are you on????

He was being sarcastic about Cody. Its a joke relating to some posters on here thinking that he was the goal scoring messiah we had been waiting for, for years.

["lincoln canary"]Just leaving the game and I''ve got to say we were awfull. Worst performance of the season. Didn''t Create a single chance and due to awfull substitutions ended up with Eliot ward up front. We''ve been overachieving this season and today proves that. If we play average were easy prey for every one in this league. Not good enough Lambert, embarrassing!

There was little between the teams in the 1st half but I was disapointed with the 2nd half display but we wern''t awful!

We did have chances - Howson and Wilbraham brought saves out of Robinson and wilbraham again and Vaughen had chances they didn''t connect with!

Team selection wasn''t right. Should have played with 2 wingers and Fox or Johnson!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="K Lo"][quote user="Tao of Lambert"]Oh well, on the flip side, Coventry in league 1. Seriously, we are playing the season out I wouldn''t be so harsh on us. We got our business done early as is Lamberts way. Once the pressure is off it''s very hard to maintain the intensity, especially against a team fighting for their lives.[/quote]

I thought it was just me that was enjoying Cov going to League 1. Is this a general feeling amongst Norwich fans? Why is that? Sammy Clingan? 1985*?

*Those that know, will know.
[/quote]

To be fair, and if I recall correctly, it wasn''t really Coventry''s fault that Everton didn''t turn up that day as Everton were already champions.

I''m just delighted because it means Cody will score at least 50 next season.  And because Coventry''s a f*cking sh*thole.  When it comes to Coventry you have to say that for once, the Nazis had the right idea.
[/quote]

I think you''ll find that Coventry was a very attractive medieval city before the Nazis turned up ... not too dissimilar to a fine city we all know very well on the river Wensum.

Well watching the defensive lapse for the first, just shows where we need strengthening in the summer. Howson has been a good signing and I''d rather had Foxy yesterday. I knew we would be in real trouble if they scored first. Had Howson''s thunderbolt gone in, the game would have been completely different. But that was the only real chance we had in the first half! Let''s be fair we really miss Naughton, Tierney and Withbread...

Not sure we miss Tierney - we have picked up plenty of points since his injury,  although we def need cover.  Drury has done well and made  a mistake yest - but it was a whole team defensive error - not just drurys

100% agree about Naughton and Fox though - they are two players who consistently make the team stronger when they play - head and shoulders above the alternatives and have been all year.

Best midfield for me?  is about quality.    So Fox, Pilkington, Hoolahand and Surman have been my pick this season. 

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I, I listened to Final Score on the Beed and first half they said we controlled the game, just fell asleep for the goal, from their description it would appear it was the old failing of a cross beating all of our defenders,.[/quote]

No they didn''t SoB. I too watched Final Score, and what they said was "Norwich played in the relaxed manner of a team that knows it''s safe from relegation".

They did not say we were awful, but there again they did not say we controlled the game either. I''ve spoken to 3 independent people who were at Ewood and they all said that we looked pretty disinterested. Basically, they were OK, but some have got the deckchairs out. No excuse for that.

[quote user="Jacko"]

He was being sarcastic about Cody. Its a joke relating to some posters on here thinking that he was the goal scoring messiah we had been waiting for, for years.

[/quote]

Nope, that was never the case. All I and most of us said was that he was a better bet to score goals than Jackson or Chris Martin in the Prem due to his greater pace and bravery and should have been given a chance. I still stand by that bearing in mind the dirth of goals from those two in their Prem appearances this season in what has been a fairly successful season for us. Vaughan has been an unknown quantity but really he has been a waste of a squad place this season IMO.

Pickles, the quote about us playing in a relaxed manner was made at the end of the game, on one of the occassions they went to Ewood Park during the first half the Beeb correspondent stated that we were in control and that Howson and Hoolahan were bossing the midfiled, guess you must have missed that......

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Yes, fair enough.  I apologise for what was a rather crass thing to say regarding the bombing of Coventry.[/quote]Mods! This is blatant opportunity missed for a puerile thread war. Not in the spirit of the Pink Un.[:@]