Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week thirty three of the Rays Funds for FONCY season. This week we have a real treat with Hall of Famer 1st Wazzock in charge and making the final selections. Wazzy is one of this boards great entertainers and doesn’t post nearly enough anymore. As well as being great fun to be around at our meets Wazzy is a previous winner of the final six and that £80 win made him one of our biggest ever winners. But amongst his many talents Wazzy is also Radio Norfolk’s Dr Vinyl. Of course whilst I’d like to point out that Steve has the perfect face for radio it would be remiss of me not to mention his TV appearance on Question Time. Yes Steve, I like to keep up with all the activities of the PUPs. Now after a slow start to the season Wazzy has been in much better form of late and his last four selections have all been winning ones. But he will still need our help if he is to get another win for the Academy. Dont forget your selection must be on Bet365 if its to be considered for the final six.

I noticed that another of our top PUPs, Hissing Sid, has been nominated for the the Fan of the Season and has made the final three. So if you’d like to vote for him Ian Mitton is Sid. Top bloke he is too for those who haven’t met him.

So now Ill hand the thread over to that star of Rays Funds, Pink Un Messageboard, TV and the Airwaves 1st Wazzock. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get X2 beside your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Steve ... the free bet is yours....... [:)].....

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, yes Norfolkchance1 £1509 for the Academy,so far.

I''ll kick off this week with what looks like a home banker in the Highland League (if there is such a thing!)

Fraseburgh host Fort William who they beat 6-1 away two weeks ago. Since 2008  there have been 13 meetings between them and Fraserburgh have won the lot. If that''s not enough, here are some more stats:

Fraserburgh: Played 30, Points 55, GD+26

Fort William  Played 29, Points 7,  GD -93

Fraserburgh home win for me please! Good luck Wazzy and all you Pups![Y]

The odds will be poor but have to go for

AZ ALKMAAR          V          VVV Venlo                 HOME WIN

HOME 11-4-0 +26                         away 1-0-14        -37

Good luck Wazzy and all PUPS[Y]

You know what, I''m going for Barca.

5 points behind Madrid, after they dropped 6 in their last 7 games. If Barca win this, it will be a very interesting last four games. Before Madrid drew two in a row (7 and 6 games ago), it looked like Barca had just given up on the League, but a victory looks likely against Madrid at home, which would leave them 2 points behind and probably fairly equal goal difference (6 behind at the moment, but they have thrashed Jose''s team a couple of times). Real will really need to hold their nerve if they lose this, one draw could see them lose the title after seemingly having it all sewn up. (Both have Champions League to focus on as well, Madrid playing in Germany yesterday and Barca tonight in London. I don''t think either game will really effect the players form/fitness on Saturday, as both teams are used to playing a lot of games all season)

Barcelona vs Real Madrid- Home win

Good luck :)

Another tricky looking week with very few ‘bankers’ for the top teams around Europe.

What will I do this weekend?

Over in Russia Ankar Perm look a good bet, but my hair is so short you’d never get the curlers in.

In Slovenia we have a top at home vs bottom away clash, but there are no odds on 365 yet and anyway I’m not going to pop the question so there is no chance of me Maribor-ing her on Sunday.

Over in sunny Portugal there is a decent chance of getting drunk, but fortified wine is not my favourite tipple to get tiddly on, so I will have to give Port a miss, Oh!

I don’t feel like eating out this weekend so Hungary probably doesn’t have much to offer me.  I am useless on a skateboard too so I will avoid that and there will therefore be little chance of me Debrecenin my knee.

I’m not a big book person so I don’t think I’ll be doing any Reading even though they look like a banker.  I also have two left feet so the Charlston won’t be on the agenda, even though I am very tempted.

I’d love to do it, but alas I no longer have the figure for running up hills naked so Montpellier it isn’t for me.

Come to think of it the house is a bit of a mess and it is spring.  I really should do some cleaning.  I think I am going to hunt out the dusters, polish and some other cleaning products this weekend.  My nap therefore has to be  -

Ajax vs GroningenHome win

Ajax, top of the league and in sparkling form at home to Groaningagain whose recent form is rather messy.

Good luck everyone, the very best of luck 1st Wazzock[:)][Y]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I''ll kick off this week with what looks like a home banker in the Highland League (if there is such a thing!)

[/quote]Are there odds on the Highland league? Never seen any on Bet 365 - But can safely say the match you have gone with is a definite if there are some!

Good evening Nutty,very good luck to you Wazzy and to all you other PUPs out there.

Off to Portugal and a HOME WIN please for FC PORTO v Beira Mar.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If MAN CITY don''t win away at Wolves, I''ll burn my own house down.[/quote]And good luck to Wazzy, who once kindly gave me a lift home from a PUPs meet, and all you lovely Pups.

A Sunday offering from France this week

Paris St Germain (11-3-2 31-15 home) vs Sochaux (2-5-9 14-27 away) - Home Win

Best of luck Wazzy, and all you PUPs

Thanks for that wonderful build up Nutty.

I''ll consider every game put forward from all you lovely PUP''s, so get to it you lot and let''s make some cash!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mister Chops"]If MAN CITY don''t win away at Wolves, I''ll burn my own house down.

[/quote]

And good luck to Wazzy, who once kindly gave me a lift home from a PUPs meet, and all you lovely Pups.

[/quote]

...and you were very welcome! [:)]

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Are there odds on the Highland league? Never seen any on Bet 365 - But can safely say the match you have gone with is a definite if there are some!
[/quote]

Good point Trent, perhaps Nutty can advise? If that one''s ineligible I''ll go for Alkmaar instead.

I reckon Newcastle (10-5-2 at home this season, 5 straight wins) will have too much for Stoke at home (4-4-9 away this season, 6 points from last 6 matches).Good luck 1st Waz, may you get the rub of the green this weekend.

I''ll got for odds this week;

Cardiff vs Leeds - HOME win.

Cardiff unbeaten in 5 or so, leeds have won once in 5 and away at cardiff in an early kick off. Leeds season is over and Cardiff need to maintain their run to stay in the playoffs.

I reckon that might be a 8/11 effort.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Are there odds on the Highland league? Never seen any on Bet 365 - But can safely say the match you have gone with is a definite if there are some!
[/quote]

Good point Trent, perhaps Nutty can advise? If that one''s ineligible I''ll go for Alkmaar instead.

[/quote]

No odds at the moment I''m afraid. I couldn''t find anything on Oddschecker anywhere. We used to find some for Billy so maybe there will be odds somewhere later in the week. I''ll keep an eye on 365 but I don''t think it will happen. If the odds don''t appear we''ll go with your second choice buddy.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No odds at the moment I''m afraid. I couldn''t find anything on Oddschecker anywhere. We used to find some for Billy so maybe there will be odds somewhere later in the week. I''ll keep an eye on 365 but I don''t think it will happen. If the odds don''t appear we''ll go with your second choice buddy.

[/quote]

Fair enough. Thanks for checking it out mate.

Cowdenbeath wouldnt let me down twice would they? Of course not. Cowdenbeath to beat Forfar for me please. Good luck Doctor V!

I''m off to France with Hissing Sid this weekend. But I''m not joining him for a romantic break in Paris. I''m going further south where I expect it to be warmer. Montpellier in fact who host Vallenciennes. Montpellier''s home record is W14 D1 L1 F33 A9 while Vallenciennes are W1 D4 L11 F10 A28 away.

Montpellier         v         Valenciennes         Home Win

[H]

Ajax to beat GroningenAjax are 10-4-1 at home, Groningen are 2-3-10 away. Further to this, Ajax have won all of their last 10 games whilst Groningen have lost 7 of their last 8.Good luck [:)]

Yes, hello again my lovelies.  I''m still reeling from Chelsea beating Barcelona last night despite only kicking the ball twice and having 0.14% of possession.  It''s a mixed up muddled up shook up world alright, as that long haired freak from the Kinks used to sing.

Anyhow, this week I have a hankering that Charlton Athletic  seal a return to the Championship with a home win over the frankly dreadful Wycombe Wanderers...  Good luck and god save the queen.

Good luck Wazzy!Last day of the Welsh Premier League this weekend - somewhere I haven''t picked from for a while.Prestatyn Town v BALA TOWN - AWAY WIN.Leedscanary

Into the Conference this week and I rather fancy Forest Green to thrash sorry Darlington who are relegated, ten points deducted and with no win since the old king died.Best of luck Wazzock and all PUPs.

I''m going to go for a little risky one this week.

Arsenal vs Chelsea - HOME WIN

Chelsea will be shattered after chasing shadows for most of Wednesday evening and will probably rest Didier Drogba who traditionally terrorises Arsenal defenders in this fixture. They might also have to give EBJT a rest too if he is playing with cracked ribs. Provided they can withstand the long throws of Branislav Delapovic they should win by a couple I reckon.

Good luck Wazzy.

Good luck this week Wazzy.  I''m going to stick in England this week, and venture to League One, where I expect:Charlton to beat WycombeGood luck Wazzy and all you Pups!