Sign in to follow this  
NorwichDom

Steve Morison.

You may dislike Morison, or think he is extremely lazy and doesn''t work hard for team, but don''t moan about him not getting a ball that was nowhere near him during the blackburn (or any) game so that he can hear, no wonder his head is down. The crowd moaned at him for not getting a ball and he heard and said something back. I thoroughly think the person(s) who abused him during the game deserved the comments back from Morison. You may hate him but don''t shout abuse to him during the game, we need his head up and it is the people moaning about him that is affecting him. Also, could people stop moaning at everything he does, he chases the ball sometimes and people moan saying, ''chase faster'' or ''show us more effort'', if that was Holty chasing the ball like Steve does sometimes, he would get a standing applause. We need to cheer on the team, no matter who is playing and how they are playing. We can moan at the end to tell them what we think, but not during the game, that will knock their confidence down.

The majority of fans were chanting his name when he came on - so alot of support for him - but there are still mindless idiots out there that don''t know when to jump off a bandwagon.    The group behind me didn''t stop going on about him from the moment he went on the pitch - Row 16 seats 129 - 132.   Just ridiculous.    He did as well as anyone when he came on. 

I agree. I heard a few moans and groans at Spurs and at Blackburn. I''m glad he gave the people at the front a few words, i feel like telling them to stick it when i hear it week in week out, home and away.

The thing is it''s Morrisons time to get the stick. Every season the mantle falls to one player to take the blame for everything that goes wrong on the pitch. For the last few months it''s been his turn. It will pass and soon the mantle will fall to another player for the yokels to slate. The real question here is why do a number of our fans feel the need to behave like this? I''m sure it probably hasn''t been missed by Lambert. and when the time comes that another team comes sniffing around, maybe he may just think f you lot, you''re never happy.

I''m sorry JF but that''s simply nonsense. There are stupid ignorant people about in any form of crowd.

Lambo and his ilk do not take any notice of this in the great scheme of things.

When Lambo goes it will be for a very interesting and good reason but not because of mindless idiots

I was quite a way back so couldn''t hear what he said, but his expression to the City fans was quite clearly "look : I couldn''t do anything about that one, could I "

So anyone who thinks he''s not been affected by the negative reaction of some people is simply wrong. 

It''s true we did do a "Morison" chant when he came on, but also I think negative crowd reaction from your own fans hits home a lot more than positive support.

Morison actually has his own chant (well, its his name a few times, very original there :P) one of the few players who''s name actually gets sung every game.... I don''t think Morison comes on here to read some idiots opinions about him then loses confidence. Most of us know that a lot of the Morison criticism is crap, don''t you think he knows that as well? Or are you calling him stupid?

P.S he doesn''t get booed at games, he also can''t pick out individuals moaning about him during the game. If his head is down, its because he keeps failing to score (or not even getting a decent chance in most of the games hes played in recently)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Morison actually has his own chant (well, its his name a few times, very original there :P) one of the few players who''s name actually gets sung every game.... I don''t think Morison comes on here to read some idiots opinions about him then loses confidence. Most of us know that a lot of the Morison criticism is crap, don''t you think he knows that as well? Or are you calling him stupid?

P.S he doesn''t get booed at games, he also can''t pick out individuals moaning about him during the game. If his head is down, its because he keeps failing to score (or not even getting a decent chance in most of the games hes played in recently)[/quote]

Not sure I agree with the first part there Gingerpele. Criticism hurts regardless of if you are clever or stupid and whether it is justisfied or unfounded. I would even go so far as to say unfounded criticism is harder to take so because "a lot of the Morison criticism is crap" the effect is much stronger. I also dont buy into the arguement I hear often that the guy earns £xx''ooo''s a week so should be able to take it, since when have rich people been able to buy felling modifyers unavailable to the poor?

Also you dont think players read these forums? hmm, I would wager my first born they do. They have a lot of down time and the temptation must be too great. Imagine there was a 10 page thread entitled ''My thoughts on Gingerpele'', would you be able to resist looking at what was inside?

I would echo the sentiments of the OP, expressing dissapointment after the performance, not during if you really want to be a ''supporter''.. the clue is in the title as they say.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Most of us know that a lot of the Morison criticism is crap, don''t you think he knows that as well? [/quote]

But do you not think that this just makes everything worse for him? If he was as bad and as lazy as fans are making out then it would be more understandable, surely when the fans critism is ridiculous then it lowers his confidence even more, because he must feel like he can do no right?

Your making out like its everyone, its not, its a few people. A minority. He''ll see just as many people defending him, and as a person in the spotlight (wether it be millions and millions of people knowing you or 26 thousand Norwich fans) you need to be able to deal with criticism and people not liking you. If Morison played the same way (I imagine he did) at other clubs, i''m sure he had the same kind of comments, I personally think a lot of his criticism is lazy, a lot of it generic based comments with no substance.

I''m sure he doesn''t like being criticised, but everyone is at some point, and as a footballer, is his job (and the managers) to make sure he ignores it as much as possible and carries on with his job. Also I didn''t say he doesn''t read the forum (or at least thats not what I mean''t) I said he doesn''t read and take notice of the crap.

I like Morison, but if he is unable to deal with a minority of fans not liking his game style, then football may not be his thing...If it were a majority of fans, his name never sung at games, booed whenever he did things wrong, then yes fine, thats unacceptable and you could fully understand a huge drop in confidence. But were talking about a few groans in the crowd (which happens to every player if they do something wrong, someone could be having a great game but as soon as they make 1 or 2 little mistakes, if were not winning comfortably you here the moans and groans around the ground) and a minority on an internet forum.

I like Morison, i''m sure he''ll hit form again next season. But if a few comments on an internet forum makes him lose his confidence, then he shouldn''t be a premiership footballer...

And Son Ova Gunn, i''ve had plenty of negative comment and opinion directed towards me on here, from various users over the time, wether it be about my spelling or grammar (which I would rather be picked up on, nice to know when i''m doing it wrong, but some people are just rude about it), or my opinions, or the way I put them across, or for some reason my life (despite the people questing it, knowing nothing about it). Its not very nice, but I didn''t stop posting on internet forums.... Obviously its a very different thing, but you would like to think a footballer would be able to deal with criticism.

I think his ''poor'' form, is down to a number of factors. He stopped scoring, gets less chances when he does play, isn''t playing as much, had an injury and played through that, potentially (although I think its rubbish) had problems at home. Not because a minority of people called him lazy or other things...

Its simple really,  if the player is unhappy at a club for whatever reason, the chances are that he will want to move to a different club and get a fresh start.     That is what the mindless few want.    Thats why they keep having a go at him.  

It a power thing.   They are trying to exert some power over what goes on.    If Moro decides he''s had enough, the  few small minded fans will feel they have won and they will feel vindicated  - and that they had a say in something that happens in the club.   It will make them feel ''bigger''.  Boost their egos.  Its a bit like bullying.  Having a go at someone who largely can''t do anything to stop them.      

His only recourse is to do it on the pitch, answer the critics with goals.    I hope he stays and plays a part next season, as he has contributed alot this season, particularly early on.  

After all this I wonder what Moro''s reaction will be when he scores next?[:^)]

I''ve had two preminitions now that he is going to score against Liverpool.  The second was a preminition of Moro scoring the winner in the second half following up a rebounded shot.....

I really want him to score, because whatever the cause or cause(s) are for his recent form, a goal will do the bloke the world of good[Y]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I would also be interested to see some stats on how many goals Moro has scored when he has started games and how many goals he has scored when he hasn''t.[/quote]

* Obviously I mean number of goals from starts and number of goals when used as a sub....

I don''t even think he has been playing that badly when he has been coming on in recent weeks, yes he hasn''t been outstanding, but its not like he''s giving the ball away everytime he gets it and  is missing chance after chance, because he''s not. When  he came on at Man City he linked up a couple of times quite neatly with Hoolahan, Surman and Howson and I think that its something that I hadn''t seen much from him before. I think its fair to say he''s best with the balls coming in for him to flick on or to head, rather than to feet, whereas holt is more comfortable with his feet. I think he should get a start before the end of the season, trying the 4-2-3-1 with Bennett Howson and Pilkington just behind him, and making sure not to isolate him as much as before.

I do feel that it is more than a small minority, I hear 4 or 5 comments week in, week out moaning at him, its just pathetic really.

[quote user="Ruddygore"]Another post complaint about another post complaining about another.... ...oh, you get the picture...[/quote]

GMTA - see above

Four different threads on the front page solely about the merits of Steve Morison.......MEGA YAWN.[:''(]