Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Moaning Hippy-Brighton based Away fans..

Well, what an excellent game yesterday! [8-)]Only made better by a couple of Hippies behind me, one of whom was in contant rage-mode and the other who tried to calm him down but came out with some absolute tosh aswell.From when the first goal went in, there was literally not a break (half time included) where they weren''t moaning. And i mean really moaning. Some choice quotes from the day:"This is absolutely fucking pathetic, dire, dismal""Why clap, the players are fucking useless""This is worse than Leicester game, this is worse than MK Dons""You lot might not care!" (referring to the players) "But we fucking do!""Surmans not good enough for us""This is disgusting, absolutely disgusting, people came to see you lot (again, players) and this is what we get"Some might not be word to word, few more expletives in there than i care to remember. Now, as you understand after hearing this for approximately an hour it starts to wear thin...so my mate decided to turn around and point out "Maybe you shouldn''t bother turning up another time then!".Now after some hippy-like conversation which i can''t translate (I don''t have hair down to my shoulders and a pocket full of cannabis) we eventually got down to this response.."We come down from Brighton to these games, if we travel like this we can have an opinion"Fair play for travelling. But if it really makes you that miserable is it worth it? I''ve never heard so much bullshit at a game in all my life. We all had to travel but no one else around me was endlessly slating the players, the management (i missed that bit - Lamberts terrible tactically apparently) and whatever else they could find.As i pointed out, it could be much much worse. I was at Brentford, Walsall and some other choice away games a couple of years ago. I think its about time some of our fans like this get over themselves and understand we will have bad games, things won''t always work out and we''ve all been spoilt this season as we haven''t had to deal with a relegation battle. Just enjoy yourselves, jeeze.

Try sitting in the N&P or Aviva Corner... I nearly walked out of the Wovles game because too many people were moaning beyond belief, and even the slightest mistake brought a tirade of abuse and expletives towards the players. One guy kept calling Ward "Championship" with no real reason as to why, which really annoyed me because he wouldn''t be picked if Lambert didn''t think he was good enough.

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]Where were you and your mate sitting?I heard basically the same thing coming from men of the description you give. Good on your mate for telling them how it is [Y][/quote]Uhh row 16 lower tier, towards the right hand side...(if on the pitch facing the stand)

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]What goes on in a hippy-like conversation?

There are far more hippies in Norfolk than Brighton...[/quote]Don''t take it personally. We all know what Brighton isn''t reknown for hippies, more for those of a different sexual orientation.

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]What goes on in a hippy-like conversation?[/quote]"Uh, hey man, check this out.  I''ve got Dark Side Of The Moon in quadrophonic sound. F##KING HELL MORISON, RUN FOR THE F##KING THING!""Far out, man.  I''ve been digging that Gong and Hawkwind mixtape you made me but Dark Side is easily the classic of the genre and I - SURMAN, YOU F##KING USELESS C#NT, PULL YOUR F#CKING FINGER OUT! - uh, sorry - I think I''ll have it played at my organic funeral.""Yeah, like, before you''re reincarnated as something like, uh, a dolphin. CLOSE HIM DOWN WARD, YOU LAZY SACK OF S**T!  I had my tarot read and I got the Joker, like how deep is that?""Yeah, far out.  Hey, some people call me the Space Cowboy.  GET RUDDY OFF AND SIGN UP FORSTER, FOR F@@K''S SAKE!  Some call me the, uh.... ah, I forget now.""Man, I''m so high I think I can see JESUS CHRIST HOOLAHAN!""Yeah. Why is the elephant waving for offside?"etc.

I''m not taking it personally, I usually find that those fans based outside of Norfolk are less inclined to moan.

I''m a tad bemused by the use of the term hippy however, it is somewhat out of date. A hippy being a football fan is somewhat of a contradiction of terms as well...

They''re from Brighton and one of them has long hair, so they''re hippies and smoke cannabis? In the same way that you''re a teenager from Norfolk so obviously like to mug people, have sex with your sister and have webbed toes, i presume? We can all make silly generalisations, Hogesar, but from what i''ve seen of your previous posts on this forum you''re more intelligent than that.

Maybe i''m wrong.

Can you tell i live in Brighton and have long hair? ;-)

Seeing as i know the guys you''re talking about, consider them friends, and saw and heard this entire episode due to sitting a couple of rows back, here''s a couple of points:

They went down to get a pint, with me, at half time, and you were nowhere around, so how you know what they were saying at half time is beyond me.

The players WERE useless.

It WAS dire.

It WAS worse than MK Dons and Leicester, in my humble opinion, and evidently their own, too.

It was actually ''Surman has had a shocker''. They also clearly stated that he''d had a good season, but was just dire on the day. Fair comments, i''d say. He WAS useless.

The players certainly didn''t play as if they were bothered. They looked like they were already on the beach.

They never said Lambert was ''tactically useless'', they said Lambert got it wrong on the day. He did.

They CAN have an opinion, as any fan can. No ones is better than anyone elses, and that includes yours and theirs. For the record, it was your friend who caused the fuss by effectively saying that they weren''t allowed to state their opinion of things. Reality check, kid: They are; whether you like it or not.

Are people not entitled to moan when they''ve paid they money and given their time to watch their team when all they get back is a half-hearted display? I''d say so, personally. Lack of effort is the one inexcusable thing on a football pitch, and lack of effort is what we saw yesterday.

I''ll give you one thing though: they could both do with minding their language a bit!

[quote user="question mark"]

They''re from Brighton and one of them has long hair, so they''re hippies and smoke cannabis?[/quote]

Yeah, that was a bit naive.He should have said "They''re from Brighton and one of them has long hair, so they''re gay hippies and smoke cannabis."

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brighton Yellow"]What goes on in a hippy-like conversation?[/quote]

"Uh, hey man, check this out.  I''ve got Dark Side Of The Moon in quadrophonic sound. F##KING HELL MORISON, RUN FOR THE F##KING THING!"
"Far out, man.  I''ve been digging that Gong and Hawkwind mixtape you made me but Dark Side is easily the classic of the genre and I - SURMAN, YOU F##KING USELESS C#NT, PULL YOUR F#CKING FINGER OUT! - uh, sorry - I think I''ll have it played at my organic funeral."
"Yeah, like, before you''re reincarnated as something like, uh, a dolphin. CLOSE HIM DOWN WARD, YOU LAZY SACK OF S**T!  I had my tarot read and I got the Joker, like how deep is that?"
"Yeah, far out.  Hey, some people call me the Space Cowboy.  GET RUDDY OFF AND SIGN UP FORSTER, FOR F@@K''S SAKE!  Some call me the, uh.... ah, I forget now."
"Man, I''m so high I think I can see JESUS CHRIST HOOLAHAN!"
"Yeah. Why is the elephant waving for offside?"
etc.

[/quote]

Thank you Mr. C. 

Haven''t laughed so much for ages

Far out. 

"Uh, hey man, check this out. I''ve got Dark Side Of The Moon in quadrophonic sound. F##KING HELL MORISON, RUN FOR THE F##KING THING!"

"Far out, man. I''ve been digging that Gong and Hawkwind mixtape you made me but Dark Side is easily the classic of the genre and I - SURMAN, YOU F##KING USELESS C#NT, PULL YOUR F#CKING FINGER OUT! - uh, sorry - I think I''ll have it played at my organic funeral."

"Yeah, like, before you''re reincarnated as something like, uh, a dolphin. CLOSE HIM DOWN WARD, YOU LAZY SACK OF S**T! I had my tarot read and I got the Joker, like how deep is that?"

"Yeah, far out. Hey, some people call me the Space Cowboy. GET RUDDY OFF AND SIGN UP FORSTER, FOR F@@K''S SAKE! Some call me the, uh.... ah, I forget now."

"Man, I''m so high I think I can see JESUS CHRIST HOOLAHAN!"

"Yeah. Why is the elephant waving for offside?"

etc.

I knew there was a reason why I still visit this place.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Brighton Yellow"]What goes on in a hippy-like conversation? There are far more hippies in Norfolk than Brighton...[/quote]

Don''t take it personally. We all know what Brighton isn''t reknown for hippies, more for those of a different sexual orientation.
[/quote]

Doesn''t stop them being hippies as well

Mr Chops - you make this forum worth reading still.Thanks for your response too, `?`. I''ll try to respond to all your points.Firstly, maybe you are wrong about me although please don''t tkae my generalisations seriously - it''s all in light humour, good faith and all that. Although i will stick by my theory that if you ever wanted to take the stereotypical hippy look to it''s most outright - your friend would be an excellent role model.Apologies for my half time oversight - although when they came back to their seats they were still moaning (each to their own, as you''ve said).The players were useless - a bit strong for me - they had a bad game and everyone could see it but no one else felt the need to loudly express their discontent to the extent of your buddies.To say it was worse than MK Dons is perhaps slightly naive too, remember the scoreline and the opposition, after all.Regarding Surman, ONE of them said he had a good season, the other continued to complain, in my left lughole so whichever one that happened to be.To say the players weren''t bothered is incredibly critical on Lamberts ability to manage and the players professionality. They still gave 100%, i think everyone could see that, hence they were still applauded off. They looked tired i would agree, but after this season who wouldn''t be.I can''t remember exact words so if i''ve misquoted regarding Lambert i''m sorry for misinterpreting things. However, i will also accept Lamberts decisions didn''t work. However i didn''t need it repeating about 233892478892308472389 times. Lack of effort, according to Lambert, was never an issue and i think most other fans saw it that way too.Of course they can have an opinion, i think the gripe was generally about how loud, obtrusive and continuous they have to be about it. It wasn''t just me and my mates getting fed up, people in front of me would turn round at some of their ridiculous shouting, roll their eyes or murmur something to someone near them. Just happened to be that after 60 odd minutes of standing within constant earshot someone decided to respond. I assumed thats what they wanted afterall, they were perfectly loud enough to warrant the attention they got.Sorry if i''ve missed anything, or if me or my friends offended any of those pot-smoking-campervan-driving-protest-marching-drum-circling-long-haired-unhygenic-homosexual-hippies [;)]. It''s all in good faith!