Sign in to follow this  
Mr Gilbert

Premier League Merit Payments

If we needed any more motivation for finishing as strongly as we can, then maybe money can help!With

mid-table looking tightly bunched and only 6 points seperating 14th and

7th, there could be a big boost to our kitty next year. I dont know the

exact figures for this year, but for each place you finished last year

you got £756,756.so as of todays placings, the split would look something like this: 7th place could net you around £5million more than 14th !

Position  2011 Figs Team  Played  Points
7 10,594,584 Everton  34 48
8 9,837,828 Liverpool  34 46
9 9,081,072 Fulham  34 46
10 8,324,316 West Brom  35 45
11 7,567,560 Sunderland  35 44
12 6,810,804 Swansea  35 43
13 6,054,048 Norwich  35 43
14 5,297,292 Stoke  34 42

I''m sure Lambert knows that, and I think he''s probably very disappointed with the Blackburn results (and losing by 5 against Man.C, meaning if we are equal on points we''ll almost certainly have a lower GD unless any of those teams around us get thrashed.

I think we can achieve 6 points, and to be honest wouldn''t be surprised if we actually ended up with 9 more points. Seems unlikely, but I don''t think Liverpool or Arsenal are going to be on top of their game against us...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I''m sure Lambert knows that, and I think he''s probably very disappointed with the Blackburn results (and losing by 5 against Man.C, meaning if we are equal on points we''ll almost certainly have a lower GD unless any of those teams around us get thrashed. I think we can achieve 6 points, and to be honest wouldn''t be surprised if we actually ended up with 9 more points. Seems unlikely, but I don''t think Liverpool or Arsenal are going to be on top of their game against us...[/quote]

Arsenal have been given a kick up the butt with Chelsea getting to the Champions League Final. If Chelsea win that game then only the top 3 in the Premier League will get into the Champions League next year - being only 3 points ahead of Newcastle, Arsenal will need to start getting a few more points rather than just coasting in like they are now.

Liverpool will give a reaction to their defeat last week and look to give a good performance before the cup final - sure a lot of players in that team realise that a good performance against Norwich will mean they get into the FA Cup final team.

I personally think Liverpool will field close to their fa cup final starting team against us before then rotating their squad against Fulham next Tuesday instead. Doesnt mean we cant still beat their best XI whatever it is [:)]As for Arsenal, I think they will be very much up for the game against us, as last nights chelsea result has now made 3rd place even more vital for guaranteed CL football and Newcastle are breathing down their necks for that.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I''m sure Lambert knows that, and I think he''s probably very disappointed with the Blackburn results (and losing by 5 against Man.C, meaning if we are equal on points we''ll almost certainly have a lower GD unless any of those teams around us get thrashed. I think we can achieve 6 points, and to be honest wouldn''t be surprised if we actually ended up with 9 more points. Seems unlikely, but I don''t think Liverpool or Arsenal are going to be on top of their game against us...[/quote]

No chance of 9 points, nice dream though.

I reckon 4 points at best and at the end of the day finishing the season on 47 points, we can''t grumble.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Aim for 7 more, settle for 4 more and a place above Swansea. That''ll shut the media up about Swansealona.[/quote]

I think we''ve actually been talked about more recently... What with Holt for England, and the best performance ever against Spurs (after Lawro made an idiot of himself on MOTD the saturday before, well every saturday really)

I would suggest that the board.McNally and Lambert have been well aware of this from the first game - hence the all out attacking mentatlity.Unfortunately too many of our lot have either fallen into the ''ever so ''umble group where such wealth and earnings is beyond the likes of us and we should be ever so grateful for 17th place, if that is not too much trouble to anyone else. Or the just as grovelling who belief that ''safety'' is about the best we can hope for so should be just as grateful when that happens and then relax, play a few youngsters, give a few fringe players a game, send the rest on an early holiday etc.Given how the bonuses were structured last season then there is every indication to believe that the players will be rewarded with part of that increased income.