Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Anyone 'Supporting' Villa Tonight?

I for one will not rest until we are not only mathmatically safe but the final game has ended and no points deductions can be made for crowd disturbances. You can''t be too careful.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]Some of you should have a word with yourselves.  Mathematically safe FFS.
[/quote]

The point is that people - understandably - keep asking the question of whether we are mathematically safe, after the latest result or results. And some fellow posters are kind enough to answer. And so far the answer has been that we are not. That strikes me as being helpful. I can''t say why people want to know, but it might well be that they don''t want to tempt fate by celebrating prematurely. If so, that strikes me as sensible.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]I for one will not rest until we are not only mathmatically safe but the final game has ended and no points deductions can be made for crowd disturbances. You can''t be too careful.
[/quote]

I watched the match tonight, Bolton seem to have enough about them to get them out of trouble, Villa on the other hand could be down before they come to us, but having said that I cant see QPR getting away with it Bolton have Sunderland on Saturday, that could be a draw what ever happens I think we have no need to worry a draw on Saturday will be enough to be sure though

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]Some of you should have a word with yourselves.  Mathematically safe FFS.[/quote]

The point is that people - understandably - keep asking the question of whether we are mathematically safe, after the latest result or results. And some fellow posters are kind enough to answer. And so far the answer has been that we are not. That strikes me as being helpful. I can''t say why people want to know, but it might well be that they don''t want to tempt fate by celebrating prematurely. If so, that strikes me as sensible.

[/quote]IMO it doesn''t come across as that with everybody.  One or two seem to be genuinely worried that an against all odds disaster will happen.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Newcastle will surely have at least prevented Wigan from winning on Sat afternoon before we kick a ball at 5.30 ?!?

[/quote]

Oh well, no problem then.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]

IMO it doesn''t come across as that with everybody.  One or two seem to be genuinely worried that an against all odds disaster will happen.
[/quote]

It does seem like that despite the extreme combination of events needed for this disaster to happen.  I am pretty sure we will be this "mathematically" safe by end of play Saturday so finally even the worriers amongst us will be able to relax.

I do agree with GJL in that we could do with QPR going down, unfortunately they have more money than any of the others around the bottom and will surely see improvement next year even with Hughes in charge.  The likes of Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn and Villa will more than likely be in or around the same position next year if they survive this season.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Newcastle will surely have at least prevented Wigan from winning on Sat afternoon before we kick a ball at 5.30 ?!?

[/quote]

Failing that, Bolton are away at Sunderland on Saturday and QPR are at Chelsea on Sunday, so every chance of one of them dropping points....... 

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

Failing that, Bolton are away at Sunderland on Saturday and QPR are at Chelsea on Sunday, so every chance of one of them dropping points....... 

[/quote]Wait so you''re saying that all this panicking about relegation is incredibly pathetic and un-necessary?[;)]

next round is very imp and if wonder happen both wigan and and qpr to win this hard games (very unlikly bu still possible)then I belive we must try to keep loosing by not many goals to keep gd safe enough at the end wowfar as I remember  good last season old division 91-92 season or so we play last round against champion Leeds and with only 2 sub players was rule and we add keeper(who was very unusual this days) I think was Walton because if we was loose by 10-12 goals and same time Luton win his last game by 2 or so we can be out this day ...So ppl is right chanse is 1% may be but still math is there and we possibly at end will be may be +10 pts from bottom  3 but any way math safe early enough is best imo

only to add villa odds to go down is 7/1 norwich is  1000/1 and qpr is 2/1 ....

[quote user="Shaker Maker"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wait so you''re saying that all this panicking about relegation is incredibly pathetic and un-necessary?

[;)]
[/quote]

No[:|]

I think West Brom will beat Villa this Saturday. West Brom have come up with some very good results and I know that their fans want to be The Midlands'' "Top Dog" this season.

[quote user="Boris"]only to add villa odds to go down is 7/1 norwich is  1000/1 and qpr is 2/1 ....[/quote]

1000/1 is a lazy bookies price, it requires such a long string of unlikely events for us to go down now that you would get much better odds if you placed it as an accumulator. Quick calc tells me there are 16 matches which must be won and two which must be drawn or won (Stoke not vs bottom 5 clubs)  including victories for arsenal, liverpool and Villa against us.Most of these must win matches must be won by the outsider meaning the odds are good- lots of 5/2''s and upwards, QPR at 17/2 to beat Chavski currently helps the accumulator but just as an example if you go for average odds of just 2/1 then after the first 8 games the payout odds have hit 6561/1, select the only combination of the sixteen must win games which will see us relegated, place a quid on it at the bookies and you''d be looking at a whopping £43,000,000+ return on your pound. Change the 2/1 for 17/2 for QPR and 11/1 to beat Man city and you''ll begin to understand that although it is mathematically possible for us to be relegated the odds are somewhat against it.

[quote user="Stirrinitup"][quote user="Boris"]only to add villa odds to go down is 7/1 norwich is  1000/1 and qpr is 2/1 ....
[/quote]

1000/1 is a lazy bookies price, it requires such a long string of unlikely events for us to go down now that you would get much better odds if you placed it as an accumulator.
 Quick calc tells me there are 16 matches which must be won and two which must be drawn or won (Stoke not vs bottom 5 clubs)  including victories for arsenal, liverpool and Villa against us.
Most of these must win matches must be won by the outsider meaning the odds are good- lots of 5/2''s and upwards, QPR at 17/2 to beat Chavski currently helps the accumulator but just as an example if you go for average odds of just 2/1 then after the first 8 games the payout odds have hit 6561/1, select the only combination of the sixteen must win games which will see us relegated, place a quid on it at the bookies and you''d be looking at a whopping £43,000,000+ return on your pound. Change the 2/1 for 17/2 for QPR and 11/1 to beat Man city and you''ll begin to understand that although it is mathematically possible for us to be relegated the odds are somewhat against it.

[/quote]

Not forgetting the goal difference too

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Villa are away to West Brom and if Villa lose, we are safe too... 

[quote user="shiplee15"]Am i the only one who would like Villa to come to us on the last day of the season, beat them 6-0 and relegate them?[/quote]I wouldnt be against relegating them at carrow road. I remember the same final day fixture in 94/95 season, when we were relegated from Premier. Although the banter was good natured from the villa fans, it would be nice to hear "we''ll meet again, dont know where, dont know when" thrown back at them this time!

[quote user="Mr Gilbert"][quote user="shiplee15"]Am i the only one who would like Villa to come to us on the last day of the season, beat them 6-0 and relegate them?[/quote]

I wouldnt be against relegating them at carrow road. I remember the same final day fixture in 94/95 season, when we were relegated from Premier. Although the banter was good natured from the villa fans, it would be nice to hear "we''ll meet again, dont know where, dont know when" thrown back at them this time!
[/quote]

Do I get to chant "Chase Out!" again?????

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="Mr Gilbert"][quote user="shiplee15"]Am i the only one who would like Villa to come to us on the last day of the season, beat them 6-0 and relegate them?[/quote]

I wouldnt be against relegating them at carrow road. I remember the same final day fixture in 94/95 season, when we were relegated from Premier. Although the banter was good natured from the villa fans, it would be nice to hear "we''ll meet again, dont know where, dont know when" thrown back at them this time!
[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sure they''d let you join in with "McLeish Out!"

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sure they''d let you join in with "McLeish Out!"

[/quote]

Where next for him after Villa......WBA....try and get a hat-trick of relegations for Birmingham clubs????