Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Anyone 'Supporting' Villa Tonight?

[quote user="First Wizard"]Support? no, but I hope they bury Bolton.[/quote]

Hence the ''......''

I hope Villa win too.  Not that I don''t think we aren''t safe, but that it will 100% guarantee it.

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]A Bolton win drags QPR back into trouble.....

If there''s one team I could relegate it''d be them!
[/quote]

It is a tricky one, not just for the QPR factor but also a Villa win puts them closer to us.

Had we managed to draw at Blackburn, it would be Bolton all the way without a shadow of a doubt for me.

I think I just want to know that we are definitely, 100% safe as soon as possible.  I wonder how Lambert, the club and players feel?[:^)]

I suppose if we are definitely safe come tonight, then the club can go full steam ahead with their plans for next season.

I understand why you and others want the "safety" of knowing we''ve secured premiership football for next year.Looking at the league however I think we''re safe even if we fail to pick up another point (we''ll beat Liverpool to put that to bed!).I''m just going to enjoy our final 3 fixtures. The pressure is off.

[quote user="The Young One"]I want a Bolton win, cause I would really like QPR to go down.
[/quote]

If that does happen, we may be in the position where we could relegate Villa on the final day!

[quote user="The Young One"]I want a Bolton win, cause I would really like QPR to go down.
[/quote]

Same here !!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="The Young One"]I want a Bolton win, cause I would really like QPR to go down.[/quote]

If that does happen, we may be in the position where we could relegate Villa on the final day!

[/quote]Well that would be a no lose situation lol

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

And that is why I will be hoping for a Bolton win tonight. I would love to send Villa down [:D]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

And that is why I will be hoping for a Bolton win tonight. I would love to send Villa down [:D]

[/quote]

I wouldn''t mind watching the Villa fans turn on the manager they took from their bitter rivals who he relegated last season.

Holy Smoke!  3 goals in 3 minutes, Villa took the lead now losing 2-1.[:O]

Villa in deep deep trouble, they are on a terrible run, reminiscent of us in 94/95

Am i the only one who would like Villa to come to us on the last day of the season, beat them 6-0 and relegate them?

[quote user="Twitchy"]Are we still not safe if Bolton win or what''s the story?[/quote]Mathematically we need one point to be totally safe ignoring lots of other permutations and ignoring stuff like goal difference.

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="Twitchy"]Are we still not safe if Bolton win or what''s the story?
[/quote]

Mathematically we need one point to be totally safe ignoring lots of other permutations and ignoring stuff like goal difference.
[/quote]

Or as soon as QPR or Wigan drop any points (i.e. draw) or Bolton lose.

Obviously would like us to end up as high as possible but a last minute equaliser for Villa against us which sends QPR down would be mildly amusing!

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Obviously would like us to end up as high as possible but a last minute equaliser for Villa against us which sends QPR down would be mildly amusing!
[/quote]

Every chance IMO as I believe their manager is Glaswegian as well as Kean.... [:D]

no, we''re not matchmatically safe and we would need about 13 results to go against us ...BUT it cannot be emphasised enough the importance of QPR being relegated this season, we need them out of the picture next season because if theyre still in this league ,they have the potential to throw money at it and probably finish above us next.

I am going to make an early prediction for this one:

Norwich 5 v Aston Villa 3.

And in a parody of an EDP headline from the same scoreline in 1975:-

"What entertainment! £5.63 a goal!"