Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

Championship clubs vote in favour of Financial Fair Play

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17841566

Is this a good thing or a bad thing for us IF we were to struggle next season and go down? Financial whizz''es please advise.

I''d guess this would be very bad if a "Villa" was to go down with a "Villa" wage bill.

Sorry to be forum police, there is already a 2 page thread on the issue...

And also, it wasn''t Ipswich who voted against, it was Leicester, Cardiff and Donny (I think thats who Bethnal said). You don''t think Evans would say no to a rule meaning he can''t spend lots of money on the club?

I think Evans might be a bit concerned if there was to be a rule that says you couldn''t take money out of a club.The paupers have been claiming today that Evans has been putting in around £5m - £6m a year, which coupled with the original £35m debt should means the club owe him something around £55m - £59m. However as the accounts state, sales from Walters and Wickham were used to offset debt (went to him) which therefore should give a debt of around £48m. The accounts at June 2011 state £67m. Rather a large sum of interest over 4 years.I expect this ruling has come as quite a welcome announcement as it does allow him to justify to the rural dullards of suffolk why the cupboard is bare and why last years motley crew of aged hasbeens and failures will look like Barcelona compared to what Mr Jewell will be able to lure to Poorman Road this summer.On the wider matter I think Eufa have brought this in to stop so much money being leeched out of the game by the likes of dear old ''arry and the other assortment of shysters masquerading as hinvestors, who have long been able to broker sales for average players than involve enormous transfer fees and even more enormous wages that all to often get lost in a whole host of third party agents and representatives. A complex web that is so difficult to unravel and understand that in one case a dog in Monaco got paid some of this ''under the counter'' backsheesh.It had to stop before it pulled the whole of professional football down with it. I suspect though it will see the end of the hinvestor - but not before a few more Rangers and Pompeys, as a fair few try to grab what they can before the happy times are over.Back from the brink. it would seem

Indeed. I''d been wondering how it could affect our neighbours, in the light of what folk on here have described about Mr Evans'' dealings. If that stuff is true then can we presume he would now be to start calling in their debts to him, or write them off as gifts. Which way he goes on this in next year or two would reveal his true intentions; the fact ITFC voted for these changes, against my expectations, seems to prove that Mr Evans is now ready to show his hand.

A very relevant question from banana too: how will these elements of FFP affect us & by implication the wider football economy beyond the football league? Yes we can envisage a general greater availability of lower league players to Prem teams like us (larger squads more affordable for us?) as the Champ clubs prepare for the rules to kick in and the Prem continues to resist similar rules. The same opportunities will present themselves to foreign leagues too.

This will maybe be a modest phenomenon as some have said, but will last at least until Uefa makes full FFP compulsory across the board. The success of the Championship experiment will be key to this, after all it''s Europe''s 5th league in terms of attendance, I think.