Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Vince

New publication - Norwich City: History as it Happened

For 110 years The EDP, Evening News and sister papers have been reporting on the Canaries. Now, for the first time ever, you can re-live the excitement of the great matches, the cup runs, the local derbies, the promotion celebrations and much more told through the words and pictures of the time.Every game of the 1958-59 cup run, the 1985 Milk Cup triumph, every game of the 1993 European adventure and much much more - including highlights of this season - told over more than 150 pages of archive reports, many in full colour.It''s the unique souvenir of a great club that no Canaries fan will want to miss - and the next best thing to being there. Norwich City: History as it happened is not available in shops. Order online at www.subscriptionsave.co.uk/ncfc

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Before anyone asks, there are no ads (apart from those at the time within the match reports)
[/quote]

SDP, 150 pages, but what size pages? Just to give an indication of value, you understand!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Before anyone asks, there are no ads (apart from those at the time within the match reports)[/quote]

SDP, 150 pages, but what size pages? Just to give an indication of value, you understand!

[/quote]The pages are all tabloid Purple, and as close to the original as we could get.It''s also hardback.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Before anyone asks, there are no ads (apart from those at the time within the match reports)
[/quote]

[/quote]

The pages are all tabloid Purple, and as close to the original as we could get.

It''s also hardback.

[/quote]

Thanks, SDP!

Wow! I have ordered this and I am now concerned how I might store it if its that big!!

If it''s being marketed as "History as it happened" then by rights shouldn''t it be a DVD with a running time of 110 years?  Anything less is just a simulacrum.

I have ordered this.

Does anyone else have a copy of "Canaries Souvenir Scrap Book" from the 84-85 & 85-86 season. It''shundreds of pages from the Pink Un and local press for those two seasons. Not just match reports but news articles and even soapbox letters. I enjoy picking it up from time to time to read a few pages. To have that for every season would be awesome except the book is the size of a telephone directory!

"If it''s being marketed as "History as it happened" then by rights shouldn''t it be a DVD with a running time of 110 years?  Anything less is just a simulacrum."

Good point, Mr C, and cracking use of ''simulacrum''. "History as it happened" is also a bit tautologous, unless one is a neo-nazi.

Ordered mine, and looking forward to leafing through its virgin pages in the close season.

Went to the doctors with a bit of trouble ''down below''. He said I''m afraid you have tautologous. Horrible it was

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Went to the doctors with a bit of trouble ''down below''. He said I''m afraid you have tautologous. Horrible it was[/quote]

I''ve had that Bury! However painful is that?! Nearly impossible to sit down..

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Does anyone else have a copy of "Canaries Souvenir Scrap Book" from the 84-85 & 85-86 season.

[/quote]

I''ve got that book. Covers the Milk Cup win, relegation and promotion from the Second Division the following season. My kids use it to lean on when they are drawing [:''(]. It also covers the Screen Sports Super Cup which was brought in to compensate those affected by the banning of English clubs from Europe post Heysel. It is such a little knoen tournament that there have been times when I have questioned my own memory as to whether it really ever hapened.

There is a decent article on the competition at http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2011/oct/26/forgotten-story-english-super-cup although it does mention a Kevin Williams scoring for Norwich (I assume they mean David Williams). It does sum up the fact that pretty much everyone felt this was a pointless competition though.

[quote user="star_manic"]is there an e-book version yet sdp?[/quote]No, only available in hardback.