Sign in to follow this  
BedsCanary

New coaching staff

Someone mentioned Dave Williams on another thread as a possible coach. Any other names? How about big Iwan

*No Worthy-out posts here please - keep it to one of you''re many anti-Worthy threads instead*

Beds,

I''d ask Stringer if he''d care to take over the Academy.

Promote Williams into the permanent coaching staff in some form - assistant manager or first team coach?

If we''re looking for ex-Canaries - Ian Crook, Mark Bowen (unlikely to leave Blackburn), Mike Phelan, Iwan Roberts.

Non ex-Canaries, ummmmm. Martin Allen (Brentford)? Gary Johnson (Yeovil)? Andy Hesentaler?

How about a more radical step of appointing either a permanent or consultative Director of Football? Sir Bobby Robson perhaps?

The alternative is that we look abroad and I have no idea where you look. Model the club on the Dutch top sides.

I''m with you there Morph - Stringer for the Academy and Williams first team coach. I think Williams along with Crook were the best passers/playmakers I''ve seen at Norwich, so Williams would be good - but then he''s certainly not at all wasted where he currently is (should think he can being some decent players through).  Actually, what is Mel Machin up to nowadays? I always thought he was pretty good.

Certainly we could maybe do with something changing just to freshen it up a bit, though I guess Worthy will have his own ideas of what needs changing when the season is over.

I agree that Dave Williams should be given a look at.

As for Iwan, is everyone having a laugh on here about him being a coach with us??

He is so inexperienced, only just scraped his UEFA badge and should not even be considered at the moment.

Maybe give him a look at in 5 years or so.

But Dave Williams has done a great job with the youth team and should be given the chance with the first team i think.