Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Southampton

Am I the only one who really don''t want them to go up? For Norwich to get back to back promotions was an extremely special and rare thing to do but if the Saints do it a year later, it make it seem ''easier'' than people think and take it away from us a bit! 2-0 up though, so it''s looking likely!!

Good luck to them, and here''s to 6 points next season.Rumour has it that Nigel Adkins was the man McNally wanted as 1st choice.  Funny how things turn out.

Really? I always assumed it was Lambert because he knew him from his Celtic days.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Rumour has it that Nigel Adkins was the man McNally wanted as 1st choice.  Funny how things turn out.[/quote]But he decided to stay at Scunthorpe instead, yep sounds about rightmind you, a more grounded rumour has Paul Lambert joining Scunthorpe in the close seasonas he''s usually only associated with teams who play in claret and blue - Burnley, West Ham, Aston Villa, Barcelona

[quote user="ryan1992"]Am I the only one who really don''t want them to go up? For Norwich to get back to back promotions was an extremely special and rare thing to do but if the Saints do it a year later, it make it seem ''easier'' than people think and take it away from us a bit! 2-0 up though, so it''s looking likely!![/quote]

No, how many seasons were they in lg1? we bounced back. they have managed it over a 4season period.

Delighted for them... again a team of similar size to us.But more importantly it is the leap of leagues they have done which is in our advantage. As we needed to last season we have to look at those teams who will be scrapping with us in the bottom third of the division, their depth of squad, their experience etc.Soton is a game next season where we have to get 4-6 points.This season we did exactly that with Swansea and QPR... we will not do that next year (if QPR stay up)... both teams will be much stronger and those 12 points this season has been so very important.Soton, Reading and one other team from the champ we will need a good 12 points to say that we can stay up next season. Anything under 6 and it will be very tough.Please, please, please West Ham stay down. I would love to see that team rot in the championship, play Millwall and Leeds each season for some feisty encounters!!!But if they come up the ££££ they will have and players they can still acquire. If they stay down there is a few players who will want prem football, noble, carlton cole, rob green... I for one would look at Carlton Cole see what is possible there if he wants prem football then we could offer him that and redefine his career for such a young striker.But congrats Soton, love an away trip to the south coast.

Wow the premier league is going to be tough next season. We need to spend some money.

Really pleased for them.....I can see Charlton doing the same thing next season.