Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Name That Norwich City Team v Liverpool (h) 1987

I can''t believe I got them all.

This was the first season my Dad started taking me.  I would have been 8 and I remember going to this match sitting in the old South Stand.

Happy days. Did Everton win the league ar Carrow Road a couple of weeks later?

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

Wasn''t that the first game that Ian Rush had scored for Liverpool in a game that they went on to lose?

[/quote]

he scored against arsenal in the league cup final the week before which they lost 2-1 [:)]

Everton won 1-0, Pat Van Den Hauwe with the goal, felt like 10,000 scousers in the City that day..............

Were they in the South Stand that day? Was it because the main stand was still under construction from the fire 2 years previous? If so I didn''t realise it was out of action that long.

Perhaps because you are dumb................ or Pete has been a bit sparing with the clues

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]Can''t get the 5 letter centre back - driving me nuts[/quote]He''s a legendary centre half. One of the best to never win an England cap.........

League Cup semi final against the binnersvery late into the second halfball comes over from a corner and ...................

I was probably at the ''87 Norwich Liverpool and and will likely have the match day programme for it too!I really must scan some of those in.