Sign in to follow this  
militantcanary

Safe today?

Currently not looking good for being safe by 5.30 with Wigan and Bolton winning and A Villa drawing.

However not sure Sunderland losing is so bad for us as we would overtake them with a win.

However QPR Could be looking down the barrel tonight with their run-in.

We really do need a result tonight as we would go up 4 places at least with a win as it stands.

It would be lovely to take all the points today to avoid any slight squeaks from the bum for all City fans. It would put this season to bed and enable us to relax for the last two games too. We can probably get away with zero points from the remaining fixtures, but it would mean the season finishing on a somewhat bum note after all the good work that has gone in previously.

We may have to cheer on Chelsea against QPR tomorrow to get over the line.Wigan are currently destroying Newcastle 4-0. Sunderland have drawn level with Bolton at 1-1, so a winner from the Black Cats and that''s that.As for our game today, I just want it to stop raining (a clean sheet would be good too).

As it standsBlacburn can get a max 40 pts so no dangerBolton can get a max 45 pts if they win today (currently 1-1)QPR can get a max 43 ptsWigan can get a max 43 pts assuming they''ll win today (currently 4-0)Villa can get a max 45 pts if they win today (currently 0-0)Without another win safety is not assured by any means even though it is unlikely that any of the 4 above will achieve max points - although stranger things have happened

[quote user="Making Plans"]As things stand, we''re safe[/quote]

then we can go this afternoon, relax, and just play.

we will be safe we will get aleast apoint today but unfortunatly millitant we canot even with a win move up 4 places just 2 if the results stay the same thats the max we can move

As it stands after 3pm kick offsNorwich on 43 pts Blackburn can get a max 40 pts so no dangerBolton can get a max 43 pts but have significantly inferior goal difference (15 worse than us)QPR can get a max 43 pts Wigan can get a max 43 ptsVilla can get a max 43 pts A point today & we''re safe

[quote user="Making Plans"]As it stands after 3pm kick offs

Norwich on 43 pts

Blackburn can get a max 40 pts so no danger

Bolton can get a max 43 pts but have significantly inferior goal difference (15 worse than us)
QPR can get a max 43 pts
Wigan can get a max 43 pts
Villa can get a max 43 pts

A point today & we''re safe
[/quote]

I''m ''supporting'' Chelsea tomorrow if we aren''t safe by then.......

know i am panicking for no reason BUT just checked fixtures for next week and all the teams near bottom who can catch us have relatively easy games

3 points needed tonight so can calm down and celebrate!!

[quote user="rock bus"]know i am panicking for no reason BUT just checked fixtures for next week and all the teams near bottom who can catch us have relatively easy games 3 points needed tonight so can calm down and celebrate!![/quote]

A win would be great, but a draw is good enough to rubber stamp it....

"I know I should expect some kind of overreaction from you but what a ridiculous post!"

Indeed. We are as far from a relegation battle as it is mathematically possible to be.