Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wundaboy

Only 2 wins since Leicester

I think that whether we stay up or not, that game will be considered the turning point of our season. Right up until that game we were playing consistently well, picking up regular points and moving up through the table, but personally I feel that Lambert and the team let themselves down with that game and ever since we''ve not managed to be consistent. The game against Liverpool today was awful, we offered and deserved nothing and the thoughts of challenging for 7th and 8th that were still held high only a few weeks ago are now lost causes. We desperately need to get that last few points to be save, and have a serious review of where we need to strengthen over the Summer to come back stronger next season.

Putting a weakend team out there worked then,

Now imagine if we would have beat them comfortable and taken that confidence into our next few games.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I think that whether we stay up or not, that game will be considered the turning point of our season. Right up until that game we were playing consistently well, picking up regular points and moving up through the table, but personally I feel that Lambert and the team let themselves down with that game and ever since we''ve not managed to be consistent. The game against Liverpool today was awful, we offered and deserved nothing and the thoughts of challenging for 7th and 8th that were still held high only a few weeks ago are now lost causes. We desperately need to get that last few points to be save, and have a serious review of where we need to strengthen over the Summer to come back stronger next season.
[/quote]

Get a grip, we need one point to be ''mathematically'' safe.  To go down four different teams need to win all of their remaining games and we still have a +12 better goal difference than Bolton with 2/3 games to go!#

It is fine people criticising performances, but why bring up "whether we stay up or not"?

To be clear, I still don''t think it''s likely at all for us to be relegated, however staying up must not cloud the situation that the current team (mainly the defence) are not good enough for this standard, improvement is needed across the team for us to be competitive this season. I personally feel that a lot of our success earlier in the season was down to sheer confidence and belief carried over from the previous 2 seasons, and I believe that the Leicester game did a lot of damage to that state of mind, that has resulted in the (relative to earlier in the season) poor run of league form we''re currently in.

Agreed - we threw Leicester game - big mistake and lost the momentum. That was the turning point.

We have still had a good season but it could have been a great season. We are finishing the season with relegation form - lets hope they shake that attitude away before they meet the upbeat promoted teams next season

Havnt been on here in ages but I whole heartedly agree with the op. The leicester game was a turning point in our season other than the spurs win there''s not been a great deal of positives since that game and today was shocking the 1st 20mins we looked ok but then once the 1st goal went in you just knew what was coming. Why oh why didn''t lambert bring holt on sooner. Morisons 1sat touch is pants so why he''s playing lone striker I''ll never know. He''s our worst player over the last few months. The whole teams done a great job this season as a whole but its been a bit of an anticlimax recently. I think we need to strengthen in the summer as I can see reading and southampton doing well next season, the same as we did OTBC