Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Lets go back to League One

To be fair I think people are allowed to offer criticism of what they have seen today. That performance wasn''t acceptable. I appreciate the individual persecution of players that Morison and Ward is unacceptable. But we have only 2 games out of the last 11. Thats relegation form in anyone''s book. You have to have serious concerns for next season. I don''t think it makes you less of a fan to point that out.

[quote user="Jacko"]To be fair I think people are allowed to offer criticism of what they have seen today. That performance wasn''t acceptable. I appreciate the individual persecution of players that Morison and Ward is unacceptable. But we have only 2 games out of the last 11. Thats relegation form in anyone''s book. You have to have serious concerns for next season. I don''t think it makes you less of a fan to point that out.[/quote]Yep. Some people over-react, but some constructive criticism like the above is only fair. Today showed some issues we have the squad, I trust Lambert to fix them.

No lincoln, your an idiot.

Yes you can ''moan'' but your comments, amongst others are way OTT.

For goodness sake, were not in the relegation zone playing poorly every week. Were not destined for relegation next season on the back of a couple of poor performances.

Do you not think i''m disappointed in two poor performances? After a 6-1 loss? Of course I bloody am, but that disappointment has been replaced by shock, embarrassment and pitty for quite a lot of the comments on here this evening.

Trent, you amongst others are at least giving a bit of a balanced opinion. But I still fail to understand why everyone has to be so negative. You say you want the club to carry on moving forward, well look forward. A couple of poor performances doesn''t equal disaster.

And we haven''t been half as bad recently as some people like to make out. Lets go from after the Leicester game, we have been on a downward spiral, but only because we were so high in the first place.

Man.U, great performance. Two moments of quality from Scholes created them the chance to win the game.

Stoke, was a poor performance and poor result. Wasn''t our day.

Wigan, in hindsight wasn''t that bad. Wasn''t our best performance, not by a long shot. But Wigan played very well indeed.

Newcastle, they got the lead and defended. We failed to take chances, either with the shot, or final ball. But was still a fairly decent performance, away to the current 4th place team.

Wolves, did what needed to be done. Wolves always fight hard in their games, we got the two goals, and won the game.

Fulham, terrible first half, very good second half. Lacking the cutting edge in front of goal to pull two back.

Everton at home, great performance, I thought we should have won. Everton have been quality recently, so a good point.

Perfect performance away at Spurs. Only downside is we only scored 2.

Played better than Man.C for 70 mins, they got a 3rd and we gave up. Can''t blame the players for that, they worked so hard (up to the 3rd goal, thought they were just as good as they were at Spurs). Man.C didn''t really ''deserve'' 6 goals, they just had that quality, and stepped it up to drag themselves back into the title race.

And now two poor performances and losses.

It really isn''t all that bad. I''d say our first four games of the season, DLDL (or DDLL, can''t remember which way round) were equally as poor (or worse) in performance and almost result as any four out of the above games. It wasn''t the end of the world then, and it isn''t now...

I was saying yesterday i enjoyed league one far more than this season. Probably because we won it. But I loved away days and ripping teams apart at home. Oh well can see us becoming a blackburn or fulham of recent years . A steady Premiership outfit. Every season its all about "staying up" what fun!

For me it''s simple.

We''ve been safe for over a month and have played like it more often than not.

After 3 intense years of exhilarating fight I can understand that the steam has possibly run out especially as the flames of relegation are far from our doors and have been for a good while.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

For me it''s simple.

We''ve been safe for over a month and have played like it more often than not.

After 3 intense years of exhilarating fight I can understand that the steam has possibly run out especially as the flames of relegation are far from our doors and have been for a good while.

[/quote] agree.