Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Congratulations one and all

Premier league football guaranteed next season,what a fantastic effort from Paul Lambert and his players,the coaches and backroom staff, also a huge thanks to David McNally who has helped massively in getting the club get back to where it belongs OTBC.

Enjoy next season.

Certainly a great effort if you see where we''ve come from. But Phat, you can''t begrudge fans being worried for next season. I''ve been watching City since 1987 and I''ve seen ups and downs. This one rates highly among the ups! But I am worried for next season after the latest run of performances and results. Like I said in a post yesterday, I want us to be a settled top tier club again, like in the days I started following City OTBC

lets just push on now and lets party at the villa game and sing every single players name and backroom staff loud and proud

Yes well done Lambert and co and fingers up to all those Ipswich fans and journalists/pundits who forecast our relegation before we had even kicked a ball!

It''s been so long since we''ve had back to back top tier campaigns.

Now let the transfer gossip truly begin! 

[quote user="Green and Yellow Jo"]A special thanks to Torres for helping to make us "mathematically safe".

Oh wait, Chelsea would have won anyhow![/quote]Shame we can''t say the same of Suarez !! Still, he hot the post many times when Norwich were at Anfield, so that point there was much welcomed!Anyway, fantastic. this is the first time in 3 years that we haven''t changed leagues!

Absolutely fantastic season I actually thought things couldnt get better but they have and a special word for the Steve Morrison knockers get real 7 points earnt and only scored 1 less goal than Suarez who cost millions roll on August!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

Also a huge thanks to David McNally who has helped massively in getting the club get back to where it belongs OTBC.

[/quote]

No team belongs in the premier league! We have earned a right to be competing at this level but no way do we belong here!

The brilliant thing about today''s result against QPR is that the Norwich board, manager etc can, as of now, plan for next season in the Prem. That''s only 1 day behind Swansea and some weeks ahead of clubs below us and the winner of the play-offs in the league below.That MUST be an advantage, surely?

Fantastic performance.

I do not think there is a lower cost per point won team in the in premier league than us.

I was sad yesterday but I was thinking this poor finish is possibly a good thing to see what needs work before next season.

Now the excitement starts who are we going to get in who is going to leave.....and will we keep hold of our manager.

Excellent achievement by all at the club, i just hope all the fans recognise what has been done and realise it will not be easy next year. Can''t wait for the transfer rumours to pour in, this is one of the best times of the year, lets hope we get some quality in as early as previous years. Would love to see naughten sign but don''t think it''s going to happen, so Gunter may be one of the first signings we see come in

We have earn''d the right to be in the Premiership next year over the course of the whole season, a few bad games didn''t/doesn''t change that.Last year we didn''t go all out and spend loads of money just in case we got relegated, a prudent move.It''s obvious that we need to spend again to build on what we have and improve for next year, but we will get another 40mill to do that.Well done to everyone at NCFC, I would have taken this position at the start of the season like a shot and I,m sure 100% of everyone else would have done so.Now my only wishes are for QPR Wolves and Blackburn to get relegated and  for Blackpool to get PromotedWhat a lovely summer we will have, we should be celebrating like we did at Portsmouth last year as this is no different.

[quote user="priceyrice"]Can''t wait for the transfer rumours to pour in, [/quote]Miroslav Klose anyone?But completely echo your comments. Great achievement, and to stay up with relative ease as well makes it all the more impressive.

This is the first time since 1994 that Norwich have secured saftey in the Premier League.That deserves a :WAAA-HOOO!!!!

well im not happy..the last few years have seen silverware at Carrow road... this year we are only "guaranteed" safety.. the club is taking steps backwards now and surely the title wasn''t too much to ask! Lambert out, Board out, In out!

One of the greatest seasons in the clubs history!  These last 3 seasons will be talked about for years to come and I''m proud that I''ve been there every step of the way!

Paul Lambert''s Green and Yellow Army!

Great achievement by everyone connected to Norwich City. Next season will be hard, but let''s try not worry about that and bask in the feeling of a job well done!

Yes it will the promotions in succession where/are amazing

As much as i have enjoyed this season its strange to be in a competition where we have absolutely no chance of winning at all even before we kick a ball.

I enjoyed the unpredictability of the Championship though obviously the money and the fame make the Premier the place to be.

Its a league within a league as they say.

Here is hoping the money drains out of football a bit and we can have a financial fair play policy in the Prem which will suit teams like us and make for an even more competitive league.

Fantastic accomplishment by the players and management. What they''ve achieved this season has been sensational. Don''t take it for granted. Thank you, Paul Lambert.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

Yes well done Lambert and co and fingers up to all those Ipswich fans and journalists/pundits who forecast our relegation before we had even kicked a ball!

It''s been so long since we''ve had back to back top tier campaigns.

Now let the transfer gossip truly begin! 

[/quote]Oh Cantiaci, forgot that...hahahahahaahhaaaaaah....up y##rs Binners!!!!

[quote user="Fromage Frais"]Yes it will the promotions in succession where/are amazing

As much as i have enjoyed this season its strange to be in a competition where we have absolutely no chance of winning at all even before we kick a ball.

I enjoyed the unpredictability of the Championship though obviously the money and the fame make the Premier the place to be.

Its a league within a league as they say.

Here is hoping the money drains out of football a bit and we can have a financial fair play policy in the Prem which will suit teams like us and make for an even more competitive league.[/quote]That''s what I''m hoping for FF...the money ruins the PL...

Well done City !!  With Chelski and Man City likely to be banned within two years from the Champions League due to Financial Fair Play infringements, according to today''s Mail on Sunday, who knows how far we could go.  [<:o)] 

Awesome! Premier eague footie again next year. The lads have ALL done us proud.

The pathetic nioses on hear about yesterday are nonsence. I was in London today and a fellow canary spotted me and asked me what i thought of that "crap" game yesterday. I said we were beaten by Liverpool, Yes Liverpool You know LIVERPOOL - one of the best sides in the UK. They made us look bad and desrved to win. He looked shocked and had nothing else to say.

E I E I E I O ! This is better than any promotion year.Lambert for PM

Just shows what a special group we have at this club. From the players, management team, and everyone behind the scenes, we salute you. I think at the beginning of the season for us to be mathematically safe with two games to spare and realistically looking like at least a 14th place finish would have been scoffed at by most of the country. Just tops off a fantastic last three years and here''s to many more!

Fantastic achievement by the team. This points tally would have kept the club up in any season since the Premiership was reduced to 20 teams. So they truly belong at this level and they haven''t just survived by default. Of course the squad needs to bolstered urgently and there are many difficult battles ahead next season. But this club has not achieved back to back seasons in the top flight for 18 years. It can''t be taken for granted and it has been a sensational achievment.