Sign in to follow this  
unique

Elliott Ward

For that worthless attempted tackle on Suarez alone, Ward should not be in the Norwich City side for the last two games of the season.

Pathetic.

as craig Burley said on ESPN no defender should wimp out of that... take the ball, the man, half the pitch if you need to but clear it!Ward has looked poor in every game he has played for us....

Time for a few new defenders next season i think. Hopefully Tierney comes back as good as he was and Ayala proves to be a class act, or i''ve a feeling we''ll struggle next season.

I really have never got why he seems to be Lamberts favoured CB, don''t think any of the fans get it, but he obviously sees something in him none of us do. Really missing Whitbred''s presence

Although Suarez gave us a very hard time at Anfield as well (Barnett I seem to recall?) - He is a very good player, but we could and should be doing better against him.

The 2 mistakes for the goals were totally pathetic by Ward. Every defender in the country would have relished the chance to take the ball then go through Suarez for his 2nd. Simply not good enough for this standard.

Threads like this make me embarassed to be a Norwich fan. Yes, Ward had a shocker today (he wasn''t the only one by any means), but overall he''s done well since he returned to the team. Why some ''fans'' feel the need to come on here and abuse our players I will just never know.

I cannot remember a worse captains performance in 40 years. Duncan Forbes once yes in the 70s but today was something else. Does he think he is Beckenbauer? Terrible performance that gifted 2 goals. Really hope is dropped.

Whats up with Whitbread is he injured again? We miss him in that defence.

I think realistically Ward has looked shaky since he''s returned to the side. He has more bad games than good. I agree he has played well at times but not consistently enough. The stats don''t lie and suggest our defence needs sorting (and consistent team selection)!

Need to sort out the backline A.S.A.P. Ward not up to Premier league standard, West Ham let him go before so they must have realised!! Hopefully Ayla & Bennett next season with 2 new full backs

Definitely. Ward''s marking is so slack at times its unreal. Can''t get away with that at this level. Ward also seems to fanny about it with too much. Two of the goals were his fault because he didnt put it into row Z.

That''s the difference between the top sides & us, they don''t make as many mistakes at crucial times & that really comes down to the quality of the players.

One thing is sure the defence needs some sort of change before next season.

All of today''s goals were clinical finishing at the expense of some half hearted defending.

Every time our defenders had the ball it didn''t instill confidence & unfortunately Eliott Ward''s shirt cropped up more than once.

Barnett is better than Ward, I''d pair him alngside R Martin for Arsenal as I think Bennett is out of his depth against the top sides and Martin has played better at centre back than full back this season IMO. Ward won''t play another game for Norwich City, just not good enough at this level.

You people are crazy - one bad match and Wardy isn''t good enough. I guess none of you witnessed his outstanding display against Dereham pre-season?

I like Elliot Ward in many aspects but the kind of errors he made today I remember him making last season ie one on one powder puff challenges and having a major error or two in him every game.

It was a tough game for defenders today with the rain and a swirling wind and I was more disappointed we weren''t set up to ask the same questions of Liverpool''s defence and force them into errors.

[quote user="Shyster"]You people are crazy - one bad match and Wardy isn''t good enough. I guess none of you witnessed his outstanding display against Dereham pre-season?[/quote][Y] If this whole episode teaches us one thing, it''s that we should never ever ever sign defenders whose names are somehow related to the medical industry.  First we had the Doc, now there''s Elliott Ward - the link is clear to see for everyone except the blind and stupid.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Threads like this make me embarassed to be a Norwich fan. Yes, Ward had a shocker today (he wasn''t the only one by any means), but overall he''s done well since he returned to the team. Why some ''fans'' feel the need to come on here and abuse our players I will just never know.[/quote]

I think you need to look at the goals we have conceded since he got back in the team - he hasn''t "done well" at all. Our defence, apart from Naughton (who has improved beyond recognition since August) is truly awful. We don''t have a decent centre half in the squad - Ayala and Bennett may become good players in time but they ain''t there yet.

We need to spend some serious money on at least two experienced Premier League defenders. Roger Johnson and Scott Dann are my choices. Anyone got a spare £12m odd?

Roger Johnson has been diabolical this season. He cost Wolves about £7 million to boot as well. He was also out on the pop after the game against Fulham. Give me Wardy over him any day of the week

So we don''t have a decent CB in the squad and you''re recommending signing Roger Johnson?! Whitbread, when he''s played, has been very good. Ayala and Bennett have promise but are both young. Ward and Barnett are Championship defenders. From what Johnson has shown at Wolves this season, he''s a championship defender at best!

I agree we could do with an experienced premier league defender but they cost...any ideas?