Sign in to follow this  
manbearpig

Time for Morison to go

[quote user="Thingamajig"]Can anyon work out what has gone on here? How did a player so in form, who bullied defenders and forced mistakes...look so disinterested and off form. Has his head been turned? Or is his form so irratic that a few missed chances or fans on his back has made him look so little of a threat? Either way I think, after a long time think others were irrational to criticise, that it may be right for him to move on. Being a striker its all about putting yourself in a position to make a chance. With Morison, even when a chance presents itself, 9/10 he''s not in a dangerous position. I cant work out if he can''t be arsed or he''s scared sh**less to make a mistake.[/quote]

Everything surrounding the passing of Gary Speed, perhaps?

There was really not a lot Morison could do today, he''s up front on his own and was crowded out by 4 or 5 Liverpool defenders whenever he got on the ball and received no service or support. I feel for the bloke because no matter what he does, he''s going to be made the scapegoat whenever we lose. I also blame Lambert because whenever he plays Morison, he makes him play up front on his own which leaves him exposed.

"I also blame Lambert because whenever he plays Morison, he makes him play up front on his own"They used to make you stand in the corner with cap a big D on it in my day

can''t believe yet again Morison is getting so much stick!! Was it ALL his fault we lost today? You would think so judging by the response of a lot of people on here!! Maybe next year every Morison hater will get their wish and he will be gone and we get a replacement who doesnt score NINE goals and we get relegated!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]can''t believe yet again Morison is getting so much stick!! Was it ALL his fault we lost today? [/quote]No, I thought we''d already established it was all Elliott Ward''s fault.

[quote user="Thingamajig"]can''t we just accept they were all a bit crap and move on?[/quote]We could, but.... oh, I just noticed you only have 26 posts. Trust me, that''s not how it works around here.  At some point, someone will blame Gary Doherty for today''s defeat and someone else will point out that if Cody McDonald had played today we would have drawn.

Fair enough, why let a skapegoat get in the way of reality? Our performances have dropped off, so as a team of £2-3 million players we were shown up against a team of £10-20 million players...

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Thingamajig"]can''t we just accept they were all a bit crap and move on?[/quote]

We could, but.... oh, I just noticed you only have 26 posts. Trust me, that''s not how it works around here.  At some point, someone will blame Gary Doherty for today''s defeat and someone else will point out that if Cody McDonald had played today we would have drawn.
[/quote]

Cody always put in 110% effort!

I''m sorry, but blaming the formation makes no sense.Earlier in the season, we played Moro on his own in 4-5-1 formations and he not only scored, but would constantly hound the opposition defenders and chase virtually every ball.The key differences now are down to lack of supply from midfield, but primarily down to what appears to be a lack of effort. WTF has happened to the guy who looked like he''d run through a brick wall to get the ball back and make something happen? We instead seem to have some bizarre ''changeling'' in his place who can''t be bothered, looks out of place and really doesn''t seem like he wants to be here.It''s not about ability, it''s not about formation, it''s about attitude and commitment, and even though we know the guy has these attributes as demonstrated earlier in the season - they''ve gone on holiday since.Maybe his head was turned in Jan, or there''s some other underlying problem we don''t know about, but unless it''s sorted out ASAP - he should be nowhere near the first team...

I''m not Morisons biggest fan but he did little wrong yesterday. The whole team was poor . If you want to have a go at anyone direct it at our stand in captain Elliot ward. We looked a shambles at the back. We played holt on his own with Wes and howson off him against everton . Should ha e played that yesterday imo. Holt can play one up front. I know lambert is giving others a game and resting players. He said he rested holt yesterday because of the amount of games he has played but the guy is trying to get into the England team. He is our inform man and looking at stats is due a goal. Morison is way down the pecking order imo.

I have to say I think our players are playing the way Lambert has set them up and recently we have not changed it when it hasn''t worked.Sorry but when we look back at our goals allowed there will be a fair few that we dilly-dallied with ball between our centre halves and our deep lying central midfielder. This needs to be rectified, hence new players as the mistakes are still being made.The 4-4-2 system allows for us to play with width and use the strengths of Pilky, EB and hence our two main strikers Holt and Morison. Ealry in the season when we played the 4-5-1 we did not create many chances, but we took them. At that time I always thought the sooner we can play 4-4-2 the better.Looking forward to the summer so we can bring in first team starters. Mistakes are being made and many players are not good enough for next season in our squad, but a striker who has scored 9 goals at the start of the season is not one of them.As I believe we have had a striker here for 2 years, who only scored goals in April 2011 and this year has started a few game during our worst run of results point wise with again not enough goals. Jacko is certainly light weight, Fox plays in a position that we need to improve and we clearly need that centre half.So there are a few areas that we can improve our squad and our tactical play, we do need to play to our strengths. Yesterday we did not play to many of our players strengths, I hate the isolated forward and hope we see Morison with a striker partner in the next two games. He cannot be judged on yesterday as there was nothing going forward.

[quote user="baldyboy"]can''t believe yet again Morison is getting so much stick!! Was it ALL his fault we lost today? You would think so judging by the response of a lot of people on here!! Maybe next year every Morison hater will get their wish and he will be gone and we get a replacement who doesnt score NINE goals and we get relegated!!! [/quote]Agreed. While Holt is the main man for me, people forget where Morison has come from. Nine goals, including some that have secured us valuable points means he should stay here; At least as a squad player. He has done more over the course of the season than Jackson, Vaughan and Wilbraham have (Despite his recent poor form)

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="baldyboy"]can''t believe yet again Morison is getting so much stick!! Was it ALL his fault we lost today? You would think so judging by the response of a lot of people on here!! Maybe next year every Morison hater will get their wish and he will be gone and we get a replacement who doesnt score NINE goals and we get relegated!!!
[/quote]

Agreed. While Holt is the main man for me, people forget where Morison has come from. Nine goals, including some that have secured us valuable points means he should stay here; At least as a squad player. He has done more over the course of the season than Jackson, Vaughan and Wilbraham have (Despite his recent poor form)
[/quote]

Come in scapegoat number 9 your times up, How many more players can we pick on to keep the trend going? I sometimes think that these comments are not from Norwich fans but spies from other clubs, yes you pay your money yes you have a say but, And its a big but the team were not on the pitch today, they just didn''t turn up, Our win at Spurs is showing to be more of a fluke every time we go out on the pitch, we have 11 on the pitch not 1.    

Im sorry but whether or not you believe Morison can be bother or not yesterday he was completely isolated with no other Norwich player anywhere near him.  When we played it long to him he had no outlet and was surrounded by 3/4 Liverpool players.  Whenever we broke forward how many options were available for the player with the ball?  Our defensive frailties have returned with a vengence and we seem to have run out of ideas, we look very laboured with no cutting edge.  However I am sure the quality we need to progress and improve will be brought in in the summer there was always going to be a limited to how far/much Lambert could get out of our current squad when you consider where most of them came from.

Infact looking at the stats for this season, without Morison''s goals I dread to think where we would be. http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/stats/2011-2012-appearances-goals

I suspect Lambert''s plan was to play Morison up front first half and pack the midfield; then to change formation second half with Hoolahan and (possibly) Surman, and then bring on the big man on 60 minutes. This was scuppered by Drury''s injury, and Fox losing form after his bang on the head. In previous games these subs have worked wonders, and Lambert''s desperate kick of his water bottle when Drury had to be come off suggests he was having to make rapid adjustments to the game plan. No doubt there were a number of poor defensive mistakes, but some of the pressure started in midfield, where we looked jaded as the game went on.

Playing one upfront last night was a complete waste of time and that wasn''t Morisons fault!

I agree that Morison doesn''t work hard enough and has issues which is effecting his performance, by all accounts hes a bit of a loner who takes everything to too much too heart but hes still played a part in our season and without his goals we''d be right in the mire right now!

[quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"]Disagree with the OP. Morison can''t score if the ball doesn''t come his way. [/quote]

He is allowed to go seek the ball though. Movement is vital at any level of football.

[quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"]That''s true Cappsy but he''s not the same type of striker as Holt and that ultimately is his biggest problem[/quote]He''s not Grant Holt, and that''s his biggest problem.  I suspect some fans have been on his back from the start because he represented a threat to the established order, taking the first team role from Holt at the start of the season.  It would be like buying a generic Gamorrean Guard to compete with Han Solo and expecting them to share the popularity.