Sign in to follow this  
manbearpig

Time for Morison to go

If anyone sticks up for the lazy waste of space after today I think id have to punch them! The man offers nothing he was never the furthest man forward he never come deep to get the ball he never made room for anyone else he just walked about in no mans land! Now the rest of the team werent much better! Only player to look like he gave a f was holt and vaughan! Im so angry with us cos I know were better than this, but its clear if we want to stay up next year we need to spend some money and get quality in!

The guy is given an impossible task - the only reason he''s in "no man''s land" is because he doesn''t get any help, any support or any half decent passes

The bloke gets no service what so ever, he has showed us what he can do earlier in the season.Its no coincidence we were the ''Highest scoring team with headers'' for the first part of the seasonLambert needs to accomodate Morison and Holt and focus on getting balls into the box

deffence look so fragile with this full backs + ward bennet simply lig one deffence and then all team feel very unsecure and play nothing we are lucky that season end in 2 weeks simply

i''d rather not knock any of our players, but morison did nothing.

was it not because we played a negative one up front at home and never got a foothold early on in the game.

i don''t think holt would have done much against their back four on his own.

[quote user="votepedro"]i''d rather not knock any of our players, but morison did nothing.

was it not because we played a negative one up front at home and never got a foothold early on in the game.

i don''t think holt would have done much against their back four on his own.[/quote]He was poor, but as I said on the match thread he had no support. Holt would have done no better. That said we have had some good wins this season playing Morison on his own up front (Sunderland at home, Bolton away, Swansea at home) - So not sure why it looked so poor today.

[quote user="Making Plans"]The guy is given an impossible task - the only reason he''s in "no man''s land" is because he doesn''t get any help, any support or any half decent passes[/quote]

Come off it Pilks was the highest man forward first half and Vaughan was second half! Whether you like the player or not I cant see how anybody can stick up for him! But thats why we love football and have message boards cos its a game of opinions!

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="votepedro"]i''d rather not knock any of our players, but morison did nothing.

i don''t think holt would have done much against their back four on his own.[/quote]He was poor, but as I said on the match thread he had no support. Holt would have done no better. That said we have had some good wins this season playing Morison on his own up front (Sunderland at home, Bolton away, Swansea at home) - So not sure why it looked so poor today.[/quote]

At least Holt had movement and looked for the ball! You cant just stand there and wait for the ball you have to move for it which he never does! Also alot of football is what you do without the ball and he doesnt do much there either, Wilbs and Holt would pull defenders out of postion to make room for others which Morison doesn''t do! I just dont think hes right for us!

To blame Morison today is not right.   The defence is what let us down - 3 mistakes - 3 goals.    The strikers have no chance when the defence makes simple errors.   

We were at least competing up to the first goal and  Liverpool had done no better than us in front of goal up till then.   The first goal was the key to the whole match.      Once they had their goal their heads were up and they relaxed.   Even then, they only scored because of two more basic errors.

I''m sorry,   Morison may not be the player you want him to be, but blaming him for the result today is just wrong.

I totally agree. Its a good job we are safe because if we had to fight to stay up we would lose. What has happened to the Fight and drive we had in the first half of the season. Also there were a great deal of Defensive errors. I hope Lambert sorts this out soon.

[quote user="Eggy"]I totally agree. Its a good job we are safe because if we had to fight to stay up we would lose. What has happened to the Fight and drive we had in the first half of the season. Also there were a great deal of Defensive errors. I hope Lambert sorts this out soon.[/quote]

We''re not safe yet.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Eggy"]I totally agree. Its a good job we are safe because if we had to fight to stay up we would lose. What has happened to the Fight and drive we had in the first half of the season. Also there were a great deal of Defensive errors. I hope Lambert sorts this out soon.[/quote]

We''re not safe yet.

[/quote]Yes we are

What could Morison have actually done today? There was no link between defence and midfield. When the ball did reach him, the rest of team were in a completely different postcode to him. Anybody including Holty would have looked average in those circumstances. He was let down by the system today.

Morison is underperforming, but can''t take the blame for an all round poor performance by us. Being alone up front and getting little quality service is a thankless task on a day where Lambert got it tactically wrong.

Whether Morison future lies at Carrow Road next season is uncertain - he can perform in this league as he''s shown but that depends on several factors.

I think as a team we were much more positive in the first half of the season and arguably overachieved. Morison was part of this. We''ve become somewhat tentative in the second half and this hasn''t helped him. His confidence has suffered too, so the ultimate question with him is does the club stick or twist?

I''m sure Lambert already knows the answer...

To be honest, he could be off...

Lambert hasn''t been able to turn him around since he lost his confidence/stopped scoring. Its not a case of him being not good enough, he was, he scored 8/9 goals in the league. He didn''t do that by accident. But he lost his confidence and hasn''t looked half the player since. To be honest, it wouldn''t be a surprise if one of the teams like BBurn or Wigan, Bolton even, if they stay up tried to buy him. Or at the very least a top half Championship side.

I don''t think Lambert will try too hard to keep hold of him. But you never know.

He isn''t getting the service, the only worrying thing for me is that he doesn''t seem to interact with the rest of the team during warm up! Most of the players are joking and he just doesn''t!

Gingerpele: You honestly believe a Premiership side would buy him on this form? I like the guy and personally I think when he is on song he brings a lot to the table but his form has been non existent since January.

He needs to go away in the summer, have a break to rest the ankle and also to get away from some of the bile people are throwing at him. Then hopefully we will see a different player when he returns.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

We''re not safe yet.

[/quote]Not mathematically, but we are safe both logically and rationally.

I agree entirely Mr Chops. But I would still feel much better if Chelsea did the job and it went away completely. No matter how irrational the idea is.

Just speculating here but did anyone see the moment (watching on tv) in the first half where Morrison chassed a poor ball down the left wing i think and tackled the defender keeping the ball in before it gets knocked out and goes out, the camera then pans to vaughan and Holt standing on the sideline where it happen and you can see them having a right old laugh about something, almost as if they were surprised to see Morro work so hard! Prob not the case, but that''s what came to my mind when that happened!Morro not to blame for today, had piss poor service. I do however think we made a big mistake keeping him in january if the rumours of bids were true, his head has been turned, as it was at Millwill, and he is not interested in the slightest. I do wonder if Liverpool made an approach in January, his boyhood team, flat out rejected by norwich and he has become a right grump since. Time to move on in the summer, we can thank him for his first half of the season but he needs replacing because atm our Holt is the only striker who can score, and even he''s on a bit of a drought

Now I am now fan of Morrison and would like him sold to say Wolves in the summer for 2.5 M or so, but I have to blame the Manager on this one, we should have played Holt and Vaughan or Holt and Wes in the hole.

Morrison is not suited to being up front on his own and its no coincidence that his biggest slating are when he is left up top on his own like Newcastle match. This role demands a massive work rate and that has never been his forte.

Now I am now no fan of Morrison and would like him sold to say Wolves in the summer for 2.5 M or so, but I have to blame the Manager on this one, we should have played Holt and Vaughan or Holt and Wes in the hole.

Morrison is not suited to being up front on his own and its no coincidence that his biggest slating are when he is left up top on his own like Newcastle match. This role demands a massive work rate and that has never been his forte.

Here is an idea, Moro plus some cash for Fletcher, or Jarvis, or Knightly.... Could give us an advantage in securing one or two of those players.

I don''t want to ''force'' Morison out. But despite not getting the best service all the time, since he''s scored his 9th goal, he''s never looked like scoring again. Can Lambert really risk trying him out more next season? Especially if our 25 man squad is full (which i''m sure someone said it is), we need to empty a few of those spaces for new players...

Can anyon work out what has gone on here? How did a player so in form, who bullied defenders and forced mistakes...look so disinterested and off form. Has his head been turned? Or is his form so irratic that a few missed chances or fans on his back has made him look so little of a threat? Either way I think, after a long time think others were irrational to criticise, that it may be right for him to move on. Being a striker its all about putting yourself in a position to make a chance. With Morison, even when a chance presents itself, 9/10 he''s not in a dangerous position. I cant work out if he can''t be arsed or he''s scared sh**less to make a mistake.