Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Kathy "]Question is, is Yankee up yet to share the excitement?[/quote]

Yes, I am Kathy. Some of us are up every hour on the hour. One of the reasons why you wouldn''t want me as a storm-chasing colleague. I''d be more concerned about the portable toilets blowing away...."Chase that one" is all you''d hear.

[/quote]

Well I''ve seen some strong winds, but my goodness.

Well done Yankee, you are amazing, so cool under pressure (I bet some of the Real players wish they had that quality for their pen shootout), x4 is just incredible.  You should get a PUPs lifetime achievement award[Y]

Well done all PUPs[Y]

And a top gesture from a top man - Ginger Pele[Y][Y][Y]

Well done Yankee. You epitomise all that''s good about this thread and subsequently, I''m delighted to see you with another win beside your name. [Y]Eddie has just called and asked me to tell you he is really thrilled with your success and he will be along after work.Well done to GP too.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Well done Yankee. You epitomise all that''s good about this thread and subsequently, I''m delighted to see you with another win beside your name. [Y]

Eddie has just called and asked me to tell you he is really thrilled with your success and he will be along after work.

Well done to GP too.
[/quote]

Great to see you back Lapp[Y]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Well done Yankee. You epitomise all that''s good about this thread and subsequently, I''m delighted to see you with another win beside your name. [Y]

Eddie has just called and asked me to tell you he is really thrilled with your success and he will be along after work.

Well done to GP too.
[/quote]

[/quote]

He showed me his scar yesterday [;)]

[quote user="Kathy "][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Well done to GP too.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What colour is his car?  Is it more impressive than Tilly''s infamous pussy wagon?[:^)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Well done Yankee. You epitomise all that''s good about this thread and subsequently, I''m delighted to see you with another win beside your name. [Y]Eddie has just called and asked me to tell you he is really thrilled with your success and he will be along after work.Well done to GP too.[/quote]

[/quote]Thanks nbs good to be back. Good too, to see this great thread and great community doing so well over the last couple of weeks. [Y]

Well done Yankee[:D] and all PUPs[:D] and thanks GP for your generous gesture[Y]The PUPs are an amazing group,long may we continue.[*]

Top,top effort Yankee and a terrific gesture this week from GP.

Nutty rang me earlier with the news and he was like a kid who had been let loose in a sweet shop.He is so pleased for everyone involved in this thread but without Nutty in charge it just would not happen so we really owe it to you Nutty.

There is just over £100 left to bet with running into next season so please please please everybody during the summer £10 donations to Nutty like you all so kindly gave at the start this season will mean this can continue for as long as we want it to.[Y]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Kathy "][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Well done to GP too.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What colour is his car?  Is it more impressive than Tilly''s infamous pussy wagon?[:^)]

[/quote]

Of course not as the pussy wagon has to be driven by a Fanny Magnet [;)]

Thank you to all for your selections as well as the kind comments. It''s always a great pleasure to have the opportunity to make the final selections and, like other PUPS, I will never forget Ray''s inspiration behind the thread and Nutty''s wonderful attitude in both sustaining and building the thread to a level beyond what even Ray may have hoped for.

Now, we move on to the final two weeks. I believe we have reached a total winnings of just over 358 pounds ( thanks again GP ). Wouldn''t it be great if we can end the season with four wins in a row and take that number to more than 500 pounds. It will be difficult because the season has ended for a lot of clubs. It''s entirely possible if we all work a little harder ( and a little sooner )to find great selections for Duncan Edwards next week ( imagine how chuffed both Edwards would be with a win ) to take us north of 400 pounds. This would then leave the challenge of a big win in the final week for Mister Chops, who I believe has demonstrated previously that he knows how to come up with a really big win. No pressure intended but....here''s hoping!

Sensational stuff Yankee. Win number four is a terrific achievement. But it''s not just the wins. It''s also the wisdom that you have shared with us over the years. Ray always held you in the highest regard and recognised the value of your contribution to the thread as a whole. He certainly wouldn''t be surprised that you now have that number four by your name.

A huge thank you to Ginger Pele too. I had a brilliant PM from him during the week where he said he wanted to double the bet. We agreed to announce it after Yankee had selected so that we didn''t add any pressure. Then I nearly forgot!! Thankfully I remembered in time and suddenly we are passing £350 for the season instead of the the £300 mark which it would have been. It''s the spirit within our group that pleases me the most. The success of Rays Funds is underpinned by the group of all ages worldwide united in achieving the same goal. This weeks success proves the point with GingerPele backing Yankee Canary to bring another £90 to our great club''s academy.

Now I get to update Ray''s signature once again. This signature is a permanent reminder of Ray''s inspiration behind the thread and everyone''s determination to keep it going : -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,2, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, yes Norfolkchance1 £1655 for the Academy,so far.

Whoops, nearly missed this (having spent most of yesterday lying down in a dark room...)Another excellent victory so well done to Yankee and what a great gesture from GP as well.  Sums up the spirit of these threads for me.

Hi all,

I''ve been away this weekend, so only just got to catch up.  Firstly, thanks to Beaus for putting my nap up.

Second of all, well done Yankee for ANOTHER winning week.  4 wins is pretty awesome stuff, also top work from GP for doubling the win.

Cheers pups and keep it up...

[*] [D]

Well now, what a week this was! We had the excitement of Yankee’s unprecedented first win and Gingerpele’s terrific gesture doubling those winnings. Now I can tell you what a great performance all you PUPs gave in providing the ammunition. 43 of you picked with 36 correct, a strike rate of 84%. Between us we gave 21 selections of which 17 won making a strike rate of 81%. Those stats speak for themselves.

Mr Bump still leads the way with Norfolkbroadslim hoping for a slip. Jed, Statto, Til1010 and Trent are keeping the pressure on both of them. It’s still really close around the dotted line too. I don’t think anything will be decided before the final week.

Here are those with at least 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks. The line denotes the Fab40. Those above the line at the end of the season will be making the picks next season.

Mr. Bump

94%

Norfolkbroadslim

94%

Jed Exodus

91%

Statto

91%

Til 1010

91%

Trent Canary

91%