Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week thirty four of the Rays Funds for FONCY season. This week we have a real legend in three times winner Yankee Canary in charge and making the final selections. I make no secret of the fact that Yankee’s one of my favourite posters and is also someone whose advice I set great store by. Yankee was the first ever winner of the final six and followed it up the very next week with another win. And of course he’s won again since. Yankee was also the first winner of our PUPs League and has been a really consistent picker throughout the five seasons he’s been selecting. This season he’s on 28/33 85% and has been right in each of the last 16 weeks. So he couldn’t be in better form as he tries for an unprecedented fourth win. But he will still need our help if he is to follow up Wazzy’s great win last weekend. Dont forget your selection must be on Bet365 if its to be considered for the final six.

Two of our top PUPs, Mandie and Beaus, are running for charity next month. They are both running for two very good causes namely East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (Quidenham) and the Darren Huckerby Trust. If any PUPs would like to sponsor them here are the links to their fundraising pages : -

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=RobinSainty

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=MandieThorpe

This season has flown by and we have just three weeks left to add to the total from our six wins which is now £267. Soon I will have to get in touch with Ricky Martin and set a date to present the cheque. I’m thinking late May for this.

So now Ill hand the thread over to Yankee Canary. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get X4 beside your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Clyde ... the free bet is yours....... [:)]....

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,2, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, yes Norfolkchance1 £1564 for the Academy,so far.

Pretty tough week by the looks of it so off to the one horse Croatian league,

DINAMO ZAGREB              v                   Istra 1961

HOME      12-1-0        +31    v                    away          2-6-5            -2

Good luck Yankee  and all PUPS[Y]

Good evening Nutty,very good luck to you Yankee and to all you other PUPs out there.

A HOME WIN for REAL MADRID v Sevilla please.

A late season bid to get above the dotted line and into the Fab 40 leads me to an offering from League 2 this week

Shrewsbury (17-5-0 36-12 at home) v Dagenham & Redbridge (5-5-12 19-36 away) - Home Win

Very best of luck Yankee, and all you PUPs

Germany this week, where a certain manager of ours old club are playing away to Kaiserslautern. Its a risky one, as Dortmund have already won the league, and the other side are already relegated, so neither team have anything to play for. But for that reason I see Dortmund putting on a fantastic display worthy of the champions of Germany.

Kaiserslautern vs Dortmund- Away win.

Also, Nutty i''m about to send you a PM.

Swindon Town to beat Port Vale.

Swindon need a win to be sure of the League 2 title and will want to do it infront of their own crowd!

Port Vale are just sitting mid table, cant go down, cant get in the play offs so their season is over.

Good Luck Yankee and all PUP''s

Southampton (15-4-3-45-18) v Coventry (1-6-15-13-35) - Home Win

Can''t see The Saints slipping up at home with promotion at stake, against relegated Coventry.

Although I share the same minor concerns as GP I too would like to go for a Dortmund away win.

Us Gingers have got to stick together!!

Good Luck everyone and thanks to Eddie for posting the links for our fundraising efforts for EACH and Darren Huckerby Trust.

I also fancy Southampton, playing for Premier League status, to beat Coventry City who are already relegated and have nothing to play for. 

[quote user="Mandie Moo"]Although I share the same minor concerns as GP I too would like to go for a Dortmund away win. Us Gingers have got to stick together!! Good Luck everyone and thanks to Eddie for posting the links for our fundraising efforts for EACH and Darren Huckerby Trust.[/quote]

Eeee, I''m really sorry for you, I didn''t realise you were a ginger. 

Well done you and I hope you are right with Dortmund, Pet[Y]

[:P]

I''m with Sid  this week:

SHREWSBURY  -v- Dagenham and Redbridge   HOME WIN

Good Luck Yankee and all you Lovely PUPs[:D]

"Gingers Rule" NBS...........we Gingers have to stick together!!![;)]

League Two for me this week. Crawley who are third and going for automatic promotion haven''t lost since early March. Hereford 23rd and currently filling a relegation place haven''t won since early March. Crawley are the top scorers at home with 47 goals from 22 games. They should be too strong for Hereford.

Crawley          v          Hereford           Home Win

Good luck everyone.

La Liga Segunda this week. Real Valladolid to win at home against Cartagena. Real Valladolid with an 11-3-2 and 27/12 home record, in goal-scoring form, and needing the points to cement the second automatic promotion place. Cartagena with a 1-5-10 and 9/24 away record, and all but relegated.

Earlier in the week Oddschecker, after having listed odds, did show all the games in La Liga Segunda as have been postponed, but there are odds again now, so I assume it is going ahead. Soccerway thinks it is. But possibly worth checking tomorrow, Yankee, if you are mad enough to use a pick of mine!

In the event it has been postponed my back-up choice is the Norwegian second tier, and Kongsvinger to beat the many-syllabled Hamarkameratene. Early days but Kongsvinger have won all three and Hamarkameratene have lost all three.

Bonne chance a tous!

I''m with Nutty this week. Fat Boy Evans will have Crawley well and truly revved up and I think they''ll have too much for Hereford.

Best of luck everyone and particularly Yankee[Y]

[quote user="Beauseant"] Fat Boy Evans will have Crawley well and truly revved up [/quote]

I take it he revved them up for this game before he moved to Rotherham a few weeks back ?[;)]

Championship for me this week, last game of the season, I''m going for West Ham v Hull HOME win.

The Spammers have to win, and hope the Saints slip up in order to secure second place.  Not sure that Saints will slip up against already relegated Coventry, but WH will have to go for it regardless.

Good luck all, ''specially Yankee

[quote user="First Wazzock AKA Dr Vinyl"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Fat Boy Evans will have Crawley well and truly revved up...[/quote]

Doubt it Beau, he''s now at Rotherham!

[/quote]

Nobody consulted me......[:$]

First of all, thank you Nutty for the opportunity to select once more. If it''s not a problem for you Nutty, then I would like to post the selections very late tomorrow ( approximately 6 p.m. my time which is 11 p.m. for you ) as I will be out during the day and I do want to obtain the benefit of further selections from posters during the day on Friday.

There are a number of things to gather so far:

• This is the point in the season when the players of fewer clubs have little to play for. For example, of the 116 clubs in the top five English divisions, this already applies to almost two thirds of the clubs. This makes for more challenging selections and will make it extremely difficult for the two weeks following this one, so we all need to put in a solid effort to support the cause for the final two selectors this season, scouring other leagues even more diligently. Purple will need to lead us into the exotic haunts earlier than normal.
  • Norfolk ''gingers" always hang together. Something I think I had long since believed.
  • Beauseant sometimes follows the "fat" rather than the "facts", although I  believe Steve Coppell''s presence will keep Crawley well motivated.
  • Tilly and Wazzy must have been holding hands when they responded to Beauseant.

I think Barcelone will recover from a disappointing week to win at Rayo Vallecano. Good luck Yankee. I''ll be your side of the pond in three weeks [st]

[quote user="Kathy "]I think Barcelone will recover from a disappointing week to win at Rayo Vallecano. Good luck Yankee. I''ll be your side of the pond in three weeks [st][/quote]

Hope the weather here improves for you Kathy. It should but things have turned really cool here in the north at the moment. Which part of the country are you visiting?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Kathy "]I think Barcelone will recover from a disappointing week to win at Rayo Vallecano. Good luck Yankee. I''ll be your side of the pond in three weeks [st][/quote]

Hope the weather here improves for you Kathy. It should but things have turned really cool here in the north at the moment. Which part of the country are you visiting?

[/quote]

Actually Yankee the worse the weather is the more she will enjoy her holiday.Kathy goes storm chasing !

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Actually Yankee the worse the weather is the more she will enjoy her holiday.Kathy goes storm chasing !

[/quote]

On a "Horse?"   Pretty dangerous hobby, although I''m sure a youngster like Kathy can "handle it."

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

• Tilly and Wazzy must have been holding hands when they responded to Beauseant.

[/quote]

Well, Tilly told me it was his hand. [:|]