Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

Joe Lewis

might explain why he was released, something at the time which seemed a bad decision given that he was being talked off as a future England keepernot needed here though

Peterborough have always leaked goals due to a rubbish defence but they probably could not afford to renew his contract. He''s a young ''keeper and has still got a good future ahead of him in the right hands IMO.

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]To be clear Joe refused to sign a new contract not through posh''s lack of trying.

Been linked to Villa as under study to Given.[/quote]That usually indicates the player has already somewhere lined upso no sell on fee for us, nor with Robert Green either it would appear

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Has been released by Peterborough. I''d have him back as competition/back up for Ruddy and Rudd considering he''d be free.[/quote]

What about Steer? Sorry Joe, no room at the inn............

I thought he was going to hit the big time when he left City.... and at the right club he probably still will.Good luck to the lad.

[quote user="timncfc"]He has 2 options, Ipswich or sheff utd.
[/quote]

Make that three, Lowestoft town,

I don''t think he''ll be short of offers. I reckon he''s highly thought of.  Still only 24, time left to be be a pretty decent keeper.

[quote user="paul moy"]Peterborough have always leaked goals due to a rubbish defence but they probably could not afford to renew his contract. He''s a young ''keeper and has still got a good future ahead of him in the right hands IMO.[/quote].........so we have bought 3 members of this rubbish defence, drury, martin and bennett. couldn''t have been that rubbish. agree with rudd and steer in waiting no need for another keeper getting in their way and stopping their progress.

No value for Norwich or Lewis to come back to Carrow Road. We have Rudd and Steer as back up, who both have potential, of which Steer looks the more comfortable and a better long term bet in my view.

Not sure where that leaves Rudd and Steer if you sign him. Hasn''t been getting in the Peterborough side either because he has made some horrendous errors. I remember a game against Bournemouth last season where he gifted them a draw with some horrific goalkeeping. Definitely wouldn''t be a signing which "improves" us.

[quote user="paul moy"]Peterborough have always leaked goals due to a rubbish defence but they probably could not afford to renew his contract. He''s a young ''keeper and has still got a good future ahead of him in the right hands IMO.[/quote]Here we go again...Cody love affair 2. The sequel. "This time, he''s taller!"

Haven''t the scum just released Richard Shite, guess they will be after another of our ex keepers.

Joe Lewis was here under Worthington, Grant and Roeder and not one of them gave him a look in...even in the FA cup against tin pot Tamworth or Bury..says all it needs to

He is wantad by Villa  so they say in Birmingham seems he will be a good back up for Given, I did think Andy Marshall was there

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Joe Lewis was here under Worthington, Grant and Roeder and not one of them gave him a look in...even in the FA cup against tin pot Tamworth or Bury..says all it needs to[/quote]So tin pot they beat us........

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="paul moy"]Peterborough have always leaked goals due to a rubbish defence but they probably could not afford to renew his contract. He''s a young ''keeper and has still got a good future ahead of him in the right hands IMO.[/quote].........so we have bought 3 members of this rubbish defence, drury, martin and bennett. couldn''t have been that rubbish. agree with rudd and steer in waiting no need for another keeper getting in their way and stopping their progress.[/quote]

Strange logic of yours.  Drury was over 10 years ago so irrelevant to the argument, Martin was about three years ago and hardly played for them, so again irrelevant, and Bennett has only played a handful of games and has not looked secure at all IMO for us, especially against Man City, so the jury is out. [:D] On top of that my mate is a P''boro fan and has said for season after season that their defence is rubbish and that he rates Lewis. He said to me this week that Lewis didn''t want to renew his contract.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="paul moy"]Peterborough have always leaked goals due to a rubbish defence but they probably could not afford to renew his contract. He''s a young ''keeper and has still got a good future ahead of him in the right hands IMO.[/quote]

Here we go again...

Cody love affair 2. The sequel. "This time, he''s taller!"
[/quote]

I''d settle for that rather than the ''love affair'' with Chris Martin on another thread at the mo''. [:D]

Blimey you should ask Peterborough fans what they thought of Lewis this season. I know he was dropped dont think he got back in as the fans were describing him as completely hopeless.