Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Big New Club Shop

It''s currently being fitted out in Chapelfield Shopping Centre. I knew nothing about it until I took a walk through the centre yesterday. Is it an addition to the current outlets for club merchandise, or will one of those close?

I can''t remember if there was a thread about this on here, or if I just read it on the website bit/official site, but both existing ones are staying open, so there''ll be 3 in the city altogether.

Where about in the Chapelfield centre is it going to be by the way?

[quote user="Julius Sieze-Her"]It''s currently being fitted out in Chapelfield Shopping Centre. I knew nothing about it until I took a walk through the centre yesterday. Is it an addition to the current outlets for club merchandise, or will one of those close?[/quote]The Offy site did a news piece on it a week or two back.

i''d close the shop at carrow road unless it was a match day.the city centre shops must do far more business and this new "Megastore" will certainly help.the question is, will we stick with the same products for 12 months like the current shop or will we be refreshing quickly.can we buy tickets at chapelfield?

I think it''s good to have a 3rd club shop in the city - it must help to promote the "club brand" still further and shift even more merchandise. I wonder if they''ve considered opening a branch in Great Yarmouth or King''s Lynn?

That would make more sense than a 3rd one in Norwich. Can three club shops (not all that far apart) really make a profit?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]That would make more sense than a 3rd one in Norwich. Can three club shops (not all that far apart) really make a profit?[/quote]

It''s a case of suck it and see I guess, Ginge. Maybe the Carrow Road branch will open on matchdays only. I think the two city centre shops benefit from those shoppers who idly browse, and then suddenly make a spur-of-the-moment purchase - maybe for birthday and Christmas presents etc. Carrow Road really only does a roaring trade on match days I suspect, as there aren''t too many shoppers down there the rest of the time.

I like the idea of NCFC looking to "Expand the Brand" but I''m not sure we can look at satellite stores yet, in fact, Manchester United would probably have a better turnover if they opened a store in Yarmouth.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]That would make more sense than a 3rd one in Norwich. Can three club shops (not all that far apart) really make a profit?[/quote]

Or colonise central Cambridge with a shop and try to convert the international tourists into Norwich city fans.........

I went past it earlier, and saw a mannequin next to the home kit, with a white top on but it was facing the other way - I wondered if it was the away kit....  Didn''t look like anything I''ve seen before, and looked like a football top.

When Everton FC launched a new club shop in Liverpool they opened a real can of worms.The new store was in the latest shopping centre - Liverpool One.They named the shop "Everton Two".[;)]

Brilliant new shop and can see probably one in Gt Yarmouth perhaps in the near future,  there is always an empty shop in the indoor market area,  the name escapes me at the moment but you may know where I mean, It would be an ideal spot,

Just watched the film report on new shop, And I believe the Camera man needs to go on a filming lesson, what crap zooming or what 

[quote user="Green Jack"]Anyone know when the new shop is due to open?
[/quote]

yesterday....keep up

As others have said, 3 shops in Norwich seems like a waste of money particularly as a lot of people buy on-line.I think it would be better to have one shop at the stadium and another in a more visible central location such as down by the market near to HMV and Curry''s.

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="Green Jack"]Anyone know when the new shop is due to open?[/quote]

yesterday....keep up

[/quote]I thought many on here were saying that the shop was currently being fitted out, which to me suggests that they are preparing to open?