Sign in to follow this  
????

Youth ?

It''s been a while since we have had a promising outfield player come through the ranks. Can anyone who watches youth games regularly tell me if we have any young talents coming through that could possibly cut it in the premier league ??

Do you mean the standard required has been raised? I think that''s probably right. But the last player of the new standard to come through was probably Greeno. Maybe and hopefully Adeyemi, Rudd or Steer wil make it. Not sure about the curent crop but none look like they are ready to be fast tracked.

Come on the Rays Funds thread and try to make a difference[:)]

In 2 seasons time there should hopefully be some top players starting to come through. Mcnally & Lambert gave Ewan Chester a job for a reason, and that was to rebuild our scouting and youth network.

Lambert said on Chesters arrival, "Ewan is a top, top scout and he will be a first-class addition to our team here at Norwich City. He''s got excellent experience and connections throughout Britain and Europe, which will be a really major plus for us as we continue to identify the players we want to be part of things here"

Our academy (U18''s) now only has 5 players that have been with the club for more than 3 seasons (Prior to Mcnally/Lambert/Chester).

Chester left for an "Amazing offer" as an International scout at Chelsea AKA. Birmingham. The Chelsea link was made up to increase his chances of getting a job elsewhere. It was a case of thankyou&goodbye by Mcnally. Chester''s contract was up, he''d done what he was paid for.

Fingers crossed we see the benefits in a few seasons time!!

My man at the Hatfield development centre reckon the club are raving about Harry toffolo, left back could solve the left back issue if there is one?