Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Ruddy just earned his place....

on the plane to Poland and ukraine..that was a great showing in goal today and he stopped whatever Arsenal threw at him, He has been fantastic all season and any doubters just need to look at his performance today, Vs Chelsea, Liverpool (a) and Newcastle at home to show how important he is. we havent had a decent keeper since greeno left and the gap has been huge. We''ve got a hell of a player in Ruddy and theres no reason he cant be here for a long time to build a team around.

I agree Jaz but have to say, Ruddy looks a hell of a lot more convincing than Green did in our Prem season.  The number of points he''s earned for us have kept us up this season.  His reaction saves are as good as anyone I''ve seen.

but he''s still not Fraser Forster...

... and he''d have to postpone his wedding to go with England.

[quote user="Ozbarclay"]he should at east be in the squad... that was an awesome performance

[/quote]..........some subhuman on canary call called him ruddy useless and not good enough for city. costs us too many games with rubbish performances. what are these people fed on? because it obviously causes severe brain damage. at least mark robbins and butler put him down.[:@]

He should definitely be going, but whether he will or not is another matter, I still can''t see it happening.  Hodgson will probably end up persuading Foster to go.

Get him on the plane........

]..........some subhuman on canary call called him ruddy useless and not good enough for city. costs us too many games with rubbish performances. what are these people fed on? because it obviously causes severe brain damage. at least mark robbins and butler put him down.

I normally stick up for the idiots on Canary Call but this one was a real plank. Robins is a good summariser, still don''t like Rob Butlers'' style.

It defies belief that Ruddy is not in the England squad.  I''m not for a second saying that he should be first choice (or even on the bench) but surely someone in the national set-up should realise that they have a fine, young (by goalkeeping standards) keeper who is playing regularly at Premier League level and that he should be at least 3rd choice.  It''s highly unlikely that he''ll be required to play but they then have the chance to get him used to the international scene and also get him working with their own coaches.  I''m biased but I really don''t see 3 English goalies who are currently better than him.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]do we really think that Roy Hodgson is/has been watching any of our matches when he''s still concentrating on WBA''s fixtures?[/quote]No, but I''m guessing the FA have a team of observers & scouts who support the national manager, and that Roy doesn''t have to do all the England work in his spare time.  I would have thought they''d have observed the game today given it was the only Premier League game taking place.

"do we really think that Roy Hodgson is/has been watching any of our matches when he''s still concentrating on WBA''s fixtures?"

Given that WBA play Arsenal next week, he could well have watched that one.

[quote user="7rew"]"do we really think that Roy Hodgson is/has been watching any of our matches when he''s still concentrating on WBA''s fixtures?"

Given that WBA play Arsenal next week, he could well have watched that one.[/quote]LOL Rimshot!!

Ruddy has more than done enough to warrant a Euro 2012 call up, but will this be enough for the F.A and Hodgson?

I just feel he isn''t rated by them and it will be a real kick in the teeth if Rob Green, who I still view as lazy and complacent, gets the nod ahead of him.

Ruddy was a bit shaky to begin with, but has improved game by game and as he has had an ever changing and not exactly world class defence in front of him, I can''t see how he could of been better.

Both Ruddy & Holt did themselves not harm at all with excellent displays today, but I fear it won''t be enough to get them to the Euros.

He''s far from the finished article, but his reflexes and instinctual body movements have that Kevin Keelan look about themHe not there yet though.