Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

Wenger and Lambert

What was it with Wenger and his ''meeting of the hands'' (well you couldn''t call it a handshake!) with Lambert at the end of the game? Was there  something said during the game, or was Wenger just peeved with the result? Anyone know?

Wenger is the worst sport in the game. Cant wait to hear his after match interview when he will turn the whole game into that penalty at the end, while conveniently forgetting the 2 we should have had. The guy is a tosser.

Wenger''s a prat.......That''s all there is to it.

Big-nosed, turtle soup slurping frog should feck off back to France and manage Toulouse -- because he''s fast learning what its like ''to lose''. < [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

[quote user="JF"]Wenger is the worst sport in the game. Cant wait to hear his after match interview when he will turn the whole game into that penalty at the end, while conveniently forgetting the 2 we should have had. The guy is a tosser.[/quote]

The quotes I have seen are pretty balanced, with no mention of the possible penalty (which was offside anyway) at the end:

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: "We had chances to win the match but we were not sharp enough. Once we went 3-2 up, we had chances and even at 3-3 we had four or five chances to win the game. It is a point. We were 2-1 down at half-time, it was a great response in the second half and we had enough chances to win the game and didn''t take them.

"Defensively we made it too easy for Norwich. We gave far too many chances away. We were not strong enough. But they played well and we need to give them credit."

And he may be a prickly individual, but he is also a good football manager.

Yes Purps, but just as you are slightly warming to Arsen he comes out with stuff like this...http://www.football365.com/news/21554/7732870/Broken-Leg-Rules-Bacary-Sagna-Out-Of-Euro-2012

I think there was a confrontation between Lambert and Arse when Ramsey tackled Wes, at least I think it was Wes, Ramsey was already on a yellow and could have easily been sent off.

[quote user="Jeremy Cluckson"]Wenger''s a prat.......

That''s all there is to it.
[/quote]

And a spoilt one at that my friend.

Wenger trying to blame Sanga injury on a Norwich player...

He went down stretching for the ball, no one near him.

Sagna was in pain when he controlled the ball - I think wenger was looking for the ball to get a red card for a dangerous tackle. If his leg was broken in a previous incident he was moving pretty well on it. Its the same leg as earlier in the season which suggests he now has an inherent weakness which aint good for his career.

cant see that wenger has too much to moan about, they did boss the second half but jackson and wes could have put us 3-1 up before then. The penalties evened themselves out (was ever only 1 each) and they player should have been sent off for kicking lappin. ref probably would have done if laps had gone down like drogba.

He said we played well - good for me.

Thats the biggest load of rubbish ive ever heard. As others say he was totally alone when he went down Wenger as per usual being a saw loser. Obviously Wenger has been a great manager at arsenal but the fact is along with Fergie he is one of the biggest saw losers around. The impressions of him were hilarious though during the game. He runs on about that penalty not being given but he forgets to mention that we should have had one in the first half!Dont know if anyone else saw during their lap of honour but it seemed as if Wenger made some sort of gesture towards our fans, did anyone else see this?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Sagna was in pain when he controlled the ball - I think wenger was looking for the ball to get a red card for a dangerous tackle. If his leg was broken in a previous incident he was moving pretty well on it. Its the same leg as earlier in the season which suggests he now has an inherent weakness which aint good for his career. cant see that wenger has too much to moan about, they did boss the second half but jackson and wes could have put us 3-1 up before then. The penalties evened themselves out (was ever only 1 each) and they player should have been sent off for kicking lappin. ref probably would have done if laps had gone down like drogba. He said we played well - good for me.[/quote]

This clip does show what looks like an entirely accidental collision between Sagna and Johnson in which presumably the injury happens, just before Sagna falls down:

http://football-talk.co.uk/63093/video-watch-the-bradley-johnsons-stamp-that-broke-bacary-sagnas-leg/

slightly misleading headline with the mention of "stamp"any contact was minimial and clearly unintentional.

It was clear at the time it was serious so I wish him well and a speedy recovery but its nothing more than a freak unfortunate incident.

Not a chance that there is anything intentional about that, just an accident. Sagna clearly loses his footing and Johnson is tracking back to cover the ball.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Not a chance that

there is anything intentional about that, just an accident. Sagna clearly loses

his footing and Johnson is tracking back to cover the ball.

[/quote]

Have I missed anything? I never heard Wenger suggest that it

was deliberate. Wenger is a bad loser: he has admitted it. Arsenal might have blown

their chances of the Champions league next year, which he has previously said

would be a disaster. Unless I have missed something, I don’t think his mood is

anything to with us (except of course for the fact that we played so well).

[quote user=" Badger"]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Not a chance that

there is anything intentional about that, just an accident. Sagna clearly loses

his footing and Johnson is tracking back to cover the ball.

[/quote]

Have I missed anything? I never heard Wenger suggest that it

was deliberate. Wenger is a bad loser: he has admitted it. Arsenal might have blown

their chances of the Champions league next year, which he has previously said

would be a disaster. Unless I have missed something, I don’t think his mood is

anything to with us (except of course for the fact that we played so well).

[/quote]

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger confirmed the injury in his

post-match news conference. "It is a broken fibula, the same leg. He was

kicked on it, it has not happened alone," he said. "When he was kicked, he has

broken the leg. The guy closed him down and walked on him. I don''t know

if it was deliberate or not. I''d need to see it again.
''''

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user=" Badger"]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Not a chance that there is anything intentional about that, just an accident. Sagna clearly loses his footing and Johnson is tracking back to cover the ball.
[/quote]

Have I missed anything? I never heard Wenger suggest that it was deliberate. Wenger is a bad loser: he has admitted it. Arsenal might have blown their chances of the Champions league next year, which he has previously said would be a disaster. Unless I have missed something, I don’t think his mood is anything to with us (except of course for the fact that we played so well).

[/quote]

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger confirmed the injury in his post-match news conference. "It is a broken fibula, the same leg. He was kicked on it, it has not happened alone," he said. "When he was kicked, he has broken the leg. The guy closed him down and walked on him. I don''t know if it was deliberate or not. I''d need to see it again.''''

[/quote]

I was defending Wenger earlier on, but that is a nasty and groundless insinuation from him. If he wasn''t sure whether it was deliberate or accidental he should have looked closely at the clip before coming out with any kind of statement that seemed to be aportioning blame.

I think Wenger was upset because probably he will be losing Van Persie at the end of the season and as we were great it pissed him off even more!!