Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Ruddy, Twits in the pub, Morison doing what he does score goals

Great game to watch, chances for both, terrible refereeing with 2 missed penalties, some great finishes and a performance after a poor one last week. The team selection was good, still things to learn and mistakes made defensively but a team that never gave up. Naughton made amends for his error with a great cross for Hoolahoops.Ruddy however was god damn good, got a few crosses, amazing saves that he had to have today to keep us in it. The buy had a good day even though 3 goals wetn past him, he could do very little as he made a nubmer of good, good saves.Twits in the pub, who booed Morison''s introduction, saying '' why does Lambert do this?'' Opinion is fine but having no back up for saying that and being vocal with it was making me mad. So when Morison scored I was happy to tell them that ''that is what Morison does, he scores goals... Jackson doesn''t... he may try but he doesn''t score goals''. I don''t have a personal thing against Jackson I would never boo him like these fans booed Morison, it was ridiculous. But I really don''t rate Jacko as a striker in this league and feel his time has been, 2 years and only 1 month when he scored goals.I have never been in a Norwich pub where fans have openly booed with such passion and vileness for a Norwich player. Now I will admit I have booed results and players at NCFC, I will complain at games if they do not offer anything. But a striker is valued on one thing only, goals and Steve Morison took that chance brilliantly, scored another goal to add to his tally and deserved to give it to the NCFC fans.Having watched pre-match training you can see that the players have no problem with the man, you can see the manager knows he has it and next season I do think he will score a similar amount of goals. I do think we need other striekrs but I am glad he shoved in a great finish and prove his striking ability rather than a tap in.All in all a great result, great result and very much deserved. We can feel a little hard done by, players stepped up and Morison scored an important goal.

sorry the two missed penalties WERE FOR US, Benayoun should have been sent of for his kick out at Lappin and Ramsey got away with a terrible tackle on Naughton, sorry FOUL!!! We deserved a draw with these massive errors by the refereeing team. As always top teams are protected by referee''s etc. if it had been the other way round then Arsenal would have got those decisions.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]To be fair, the ref denied a clear penalty for Arsenal when Naughton shoved Van Persie over.

[/quote]

Dont be silly, how could the OP have seen that with his yellow goggles on

[quote user="Divs crew"]

VP dived the linesman indicated to the ref it was a dive.....................never a penalty!

[/quote]Then why wasn''t VP booked for diving?I saw one clear Norwich penalty (shirt pulling on Martin), one clear Arsenal penalty (foul on RVP by Naughton), neither given. 

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Lambert said on the radio that the VP incident was clearly off side in the build up - Gervinho I think[/quote]At the risk of sounding argumentative - yes it was, as the runner to the near post (Gervinho?) was offside but appeared to try to not touch the ball therefore not interfering with play - but as "offside" wasn''t given (presumably because the player was deemed to have not interfered with play, which is ridiculous) then the penalty should have been.  Not that I mind, of course.

i agree these fans shouldn''t boo morrison, however i do disagree with the comment on Simeon Jackson. No he hasn''t scored too many but his contribution to many goals cannot be ignored O.P. He never gives in, chases balls & makes chances for others. Tho 2day, i thought a simple ball left to holty would have been better than therun & shot (can''t really blame him really tho, as he skimmed the defender so easily, just finish wasn''t good). Anyway, my point is.... when he starts scoring goals next season, he''s gonna be a player to fear! I just hope he''s in a City shirt.

OTBC

It is rather astonishing that some supporters seem to have taken against Moro quite to the level they have, the guy really hasn''t done a lot wrong, not all players are 150%-chase-all-lost-cause players and perhaps he suffers partly because he isn''t Holt. Last week was a classic case in point where he wasnt really in the game too much but more due to our crap play than anything, but he was singled out and slated.

He had an injury and hasn''t been in the greatest form (unsurprising given the booing etc) so I am dead pleased for him today.

meant to say as well.... yes we should''ve had 2 pens and at least 1 sending off. That''s without my tinted yellow shades on!

Well done to every1 2day A top class performance

(TO BE PROUD OF)

[quote user="TRAVIS ASKEW"]meant to say as well.... yes we should''ve had 2 pens and at least 1 sending off. That''s without my tinted yellow shades on! Well done to every1 2day A top class performance (TO BE PROUD OF)[/quote]

LOL  I have taken mine off now and after watching extended highlights.

My opinion is 1 pen each side despite the forehead being offside, but Arsenal should have had 2 sent off.

With Morison, it seems some Norwich fans always need one player to moan at. It''s always been the way since I''ve been watching. To be fair, at the game itself Morison was greeted with chants of his name as soon as he came on and his goal was fantastic - if only Simeon Jackson had hit his shot with such confidence. From my position it didn''t look as though he should have passed it to Holt, he just should have scored.It''s strange that because from what I saw of Morison at Fulham, he seemed to be a player lacking in confidence. It didn''t help that he was so isolated up front on his own without decent support from wingers but when he did get the ball, he miscontrolled it or gave it away. I thought he was great at the start of the season - maybe this goal is what he needs to get his confidence up again and the fans on his side.

We were in the ribs of beef and some guy actually had the nerve to walk up to the tv and give the winker hand gesture to Moz as he came on.

When Morison scored the pub went crazy, a massive chant of "LAZY? LAZY? LAZY? LAZY?" went up and the loudest "MORISON! MORISON! MORISON! MORISON!" I think I''ve ever heard.

God I love it when our fans actually support the players who are on the pitch!

A sad indictment of an element of out support when you see Morro`s goal on BBC news this morning and he runs accross in front of his own fans making a sshhh sign, this from a striker that has scored 10 goals in his first season in the EPL.  I hope the people who have been booing him have enough awareness to realise how stupid they have made themselves look!  I rather suspect however that unfortunately most of them wont!

I am being polite saying twits to be honest, they sounded thick as s*it and I controlled myself until Morison scored. But god I wanted to smack them and to be honest when he scored I loved shouting it at them, I felt as pumped up as Morison ha haIn the games since January, and that is all it is, Morison was out of of the first team and our performances slumped. When he did play he was isolated and quite rightly how can you do anything when you have no support or any quality, when balls were played in the box he is that threat.We have some thick s*its who support our club, as all clubs have, but god they are embarrassement to society to be honest.

[quote user="smooth"]I am being polite saying twits to be honest, they sounded thick as s*it and I controlled myself until Morison scored. But god I wanted to smack them and to be honest when he scored I loved shouting it at them, I felt as pumped up as Morison ha ha[/quote]I agree fully with your sentiment. Some of the abuse Morison has received has been fucking outrageous and the useless pricks who still might have cost us a 10-goal-a-season premiership striker next season can take and good long look at themselves...and then promptly shoot themselves in the face.

I actually said to my friend when Arsenal equalised that there would be some fans blaming this on Morison, and that when they went infront, it would be seen as all Morison''s fault for making us negative and costing us the game, regardless of the fact that he played well and did nothing wrong.I was especially pleased when he got the equaliser, as there was a clear sense of team togetherness in the celebration, and the lads looked well pleased for him.Whilst I think it''s fair to be critical of a poor performance after the game, some of the hatred and vitriol being spewed is crazy, as is this nonsense booing from some fans when Morison is brought on or even touches the ball.Hopefully his performance yesterday will shut the more vocal of these idiots up...