Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

10 Things To Learn From This Season

1. Wes needs to play if only one striker up front.2. If only 1 striker up front then the striker has to be told to stop drifting out wide.3. Pilks needs to play when Holt & Morrison are up front together.4. Elliott Bennett is the most consistent player.5. Russell Martin is better as a central defender than a full-back.6. Surman often drifts out of games too much and is too lightweight. He doesn''t really fit in any position and should be regarded as competition for the Wes role behind a lone striker.7. Criticism of Morison has been that he doesn''t defend from the front enough, not regarding his finishing ability.8. Whitbread has been the best central defender.9. We need a new striker that can create his own chances and finish, a defensive central midfielder, 2 full-backs, a winger, and a commanding central defender.10. Next season will be tougher.

11.  We should enjoy our time in the Premier League and remember to celebrate great results when we get them, such as drawing 3-3 with Arsenal and beating Spurs at White Hart Lane.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]1. Wes needs to play if only one striker up front.6. Surman often drifts out of games too much and is too lightweight. [/quote]Not this again!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]11.  We should enjoy our time in the Premier League and remember to celebrate great results when we get them, such as drawing 3-3 with Arsenal and beating Spurs at White Hart Lane.[/quote][Y] More important than anything else.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="tom cavendish"]6. Surman often drifts out of games too much and is too lightweight. [/quote]Not this again![/quote]That''s better.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]11.  We should enjoy our time in the Premier League and remember to celebrate great results when we get them, such as drawing 3-3 with Arsenal and beating Spurs at White Hart Lane.[/quote]But I wanna complain [:''(]

[quote user="tom cavendish"]1. Wes needs to play if only one striker up front.

2. If only 1 striker up front then the striker has to be told to stop drifting out wide.

3. Pilks needs to play when Holt & Morrison are up front together.

4. Elliott Bennett is the most consistent player.

5. Russell Martin is better as a central defender than a full-back.

6. Surman often drifts out of games too much and is too lightweight. He doesn''t really fit in any position and should be regarded as competition for the Wes role behind a lone striker.

7. Criticism of Morison has been that he doesn''t defend from the front enough, not regarding his finishing ability.

8. Whitbread has been the best central defender.

9. We need a new striker that can create his own chances and finish, a defensive central midfielder, 2 full-backs, a winger, and a commanding central defender.

10. Next season will be tougher.[/quote]

With regards to needing a new striker are you aware that we are the 7th highest scorers in the Premiership?

In my opinion you are unfair on Surman ... I don''t think Lambert would have fielded him as often as he has if he is as flawed as you insinuate.

Pilkington in my eyes is our best player and I think that the only reason why Lambert has left him out is to rest him after a leg break.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

With regards to needing a new striker are you aware that we are the 7th highest scorers in the Premiership?

[/quote]

I think we are too reliant upon Holt. If he gets a bad injury that rules him out for most of next season then we would really struggle. I expect Lambert to sign a new striker.

10 Next season will be tougher.

Will it though?? Without :Lambert I agree but

We have finished comfortably mid table this season despite having "issues" with each of the playing areas. We have conceded too many soft goals in defence, we dont have enough power in midfield (see yaya toure and song in the second half today) and not enough pace up front.

I have no doubt that lambert will do this close season what he has done over the last two - and significantly improve the squad again, from front to back.

If we do that and perform with the same commitment and tactical genius why would we find next year more difficult as we will have a better and more experience squad?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]11.  We should enjoy our time in the Premier League and remember to celebrate great results when we get them, such as drawing 3-3 with Arsenal and beating Spurs at White Hart Lane.[/quote]This this this all day long this.

I think the OP'' makes a lot of sense. Striker-wise, we do of course have Vaughan, who to all intents and purposes is still largely an unknown quantity.Having said that, I shall now continue my secret campaign to entice Victor Moses to FCR.

7. Criticism of Morison has been that he doesn''t defend from the front enough, not regarding his finishing ability.

Really? That''s nothing of the criticism I''ve heard from half the tw@ts that claim to "support" this club. That may be why you criticise him but I''ve heard everything from "he''s sh!t, he''s the worst player to wear the Norwich shirt, he''s lazy, he can''t shoot, he can''t play on his own, he''s banging Tierney''s missus!"

All of which is absolute dogsh!te!

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

13. 4-4-2 is clearly our best formation

[/quote]We don''t have a best formation. Lots of our early wins came playing 4-2-3-1 as well as some of our best performances (Man Utd. away we played 4-2-3-1). The main argument is that if Holt is amongst our best players, then a formation with 2 strikers is a necessity, Everton at home proved that Holt''s not particularly effectuve as a lone striker.