Sign in to follow this  
Striker

Morison's equaliser - celebrated in the Arsenal end

I was offered a ticket in the Arsenal corporate section yesterday, and duly accepted.  Before anyone asks, the tickets didn''t include any prawn sandwiches etc, just the seats (outside) and a free half time pint, but it was the corporate section all the same.  There were four of us in total, all Norwich fans.Obviously restraint was the order of the day if we were to score or come close, so it was a case of sitting on hands if possible.  Our first two goals were celebrated in silence (almost, as my mate dropped his guard briefly).  However, there were four Norwich guys higher up who did celebrate, without going mad.When we went 3-2 down there seemed no way back for us.  So when Morison broke through and slammed home the equaliser, I found it impossible to keep it in . . . . and out it all came.  I went crazy.  And boy did it feel good to let it all out !!  It was such a sweet moment, and amongst countless Arsenal too (though I''d have preferred to have been in the away section).  Thankfully there wasn''t any backlash and I''d got away with it.  My mates managed to keep it all in themselves, but thought my celebration was hilarious.It''s something I''d not choose to do again in a hurry, but it was a fantastic moment, and meant for more one reason, I''ll never forget this game.

I was also in corporate. Not box level, club level (above the boxes i think) and so had seats just outside the box. Me and one other were Norwich, the rest were Arsenal. We celebrated every goal. Bit cheeky, but couldn''t help it!

I was also in the Arsenal end as a friend had a season ticket going spare. When the equalizer went in I jumped up to start celebrating before remembering where I was - I turned my celebration into shouting at the defenders for letting the ball go through them so easily. It was still nice to get the release of pressure out and I think I managed to disguise my joy pretty well!

Well, lads, this is the price you pay if you accept the filthy lucre of the King''s shilling .  I bet you feel dirty now, don''t you ?  Corporate hospitality at the Emirates ?????  You might as well have spent Fifty quid down Ber St . The feeling would have been the same.

Actually......on second thoughts . No .  No 2 minutes of pleasure down Ber St would compare with  Moro stuffing it down the throats of  Gooner glory hunters. And the resultant irrational jibberish ensuing from the mouth of Arsène.  Good luck to you. And here''s to you doing the self same thing next season in the highly unlikely event of you being invited back.....

I''ve always thought the most awkward bit about sitting in the away end would be when the opposition scored. As much as it takes restraint not to jump around celebrating when Norwich score, how awkward is it when there are thousands of opposition fans jumping up and you''re just sat there looking around. Got to be a give away!

Don''t blame you though, I''d have sat in whatever end I could have got tickets for!

[quote user="Aggy"]how awkward is it when there are thousands of opposition fans jumping up and you''re just sat there looking around. Got to be a give away![/quote]Ask this guy:[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/261yjiu.jpg[/img]

Well, I was in the home dugout and had to restrain myself when Arsene Wenger soaked me when he threw his water bottle.

Yes, it was difficult not to jump up and down when Wes scored although I told Arsene his goalkeeper practically threw the ball into his own net.

Wenger accepted my opinion but did look agitated after Holty''s goal when I expressed my surprise at Gibbs getting a touch because when he played for us he never attempted toput his footin at all.

So into the second half and I do regret telling Arsene that Johnson had nailed his man, but I dot regret celebrating Moro''s goal.

In the end, Wenger was getting tetchy so I had to tell him to calm down and go and shake hands with Paul Lambert.

Last season, the only way I got to go to the last game of the season against Cov was to get away tickets at CR, as I work in the dump that is Cov. it was easy to drop into the Ricoh and get them. I was wondering if i should put on a Midland''s accent for effect too! Anyway, yes, I did have to try and restrain from celebrating our two goals but when the final whistle went, it turns out there were LOADS of Norwich fans in the Cov. end !!OTBC