Sign in to follow this  
rondy

Aviva's 4 year sponsorship deal

Must be worth a few quid surely... I hope (assume) McNally convinced Aviva, with their global brand/marketing aspirations etc, that''s its very much in their interest to keep us in the premier league..  I''m not even sure when it was announced, but does anyone know anything about the deal?

Yes - AVIVA aka Norwich Union pay us a lot of money and in return they can put they''re logo on the shirts, stadium, programme, advertising hoardings, electronic advertising board, training gear etc

That''s basically the ''deal'' how much it''s worth I couldn''t tell you.

I wonder how many Clubs have a bigger corporate backer?

Aviva are a FTSE 100 company who are also listed on the NYSE. Despite their share value falling 30 per cent in the last cople of years they are a huge global player.

Compare this to brewers, airlines and online gaming companies.

In return this global company gets global recognition via the EPL. In all honesty it should be one of the better deals.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I wonder how many Clubs have a bigger corporate backer? Aviva are a FTSE 100 company who are also listed on the NYSE. Despite their share value falling 30 per cent in the last cople of years they are a huge global player. Compare this to brewers, airlines and online gaming companies. In return this global company gets global recognition via the EPL. In all honesty it should be one of the better deals.[/quote]

NERD ALERT! Market capitalisation is the best guide, generally, to a company''s size. Aviva''s (which surprised me a bit) is only around £8.7bn. Standard Chartered, Liverpool''s shirt sponsor, has a market cap of about £33bn. And supposedly its shirt deal is worth £20m a year to Liverpool. It is not a fair comparison, Liverpool being a world name, but we will not be raking in that kind of money. That said, we certainly should be putting pressure on Aviva when the next deal comes around, and looking elsewhere. Apart from anything else these deals have a limited lifespan in terms of value to the sponsor and the sponsored.

No idea how much the deal is worth - no figures have been publicised, or even estimated, anywhere

In 2006 Aviva (it was actually Norwich Union then) paid Â£50 million for a 6 year deal to sposor UK Athletics, and in 2010 paid £20 million for a 4 year deal to sponsor Premiership Rugby. They have also been sponsoring ITV Drama premieres for the last couple of years - again no figures bandied about but Sainsburys were apparently paying £5m a year for this a few years back

In spite of the numbers above income from footballl shirt sponsorship, other than the big clubs, isn''t as much as you might think.  Only the big clubs get the really big sums of £10/£20m per year.  I would hazard a guess we''re probably getting a maximum £6/8 million from Aviva spread over the course of the 4 years  

Do you think Paul Whitehouse deliberatly made himself resemble Delia in the new Goth advert?It''s uncanny.