Sign in to follow this  
Statto28

Quite simply one of the most enjoyable games I've seen in years

Drama, excitement, talking points, saves, players with a point to prove and Aaron Wilbraham!!!    Kinda wished it had gone on for another 90mins       OTBC

[quote user="Making Plans"]And it''s all downhill from now on - it''s the Cup Final (yawn) between Chelsea (yawn) & Liverpool (yawn)[/quote]I doubt I''ll even watch it.....I''ve got nothing left after that today.

Incredible game. I have been one of Moro''s biggest critics - but today he is my hero - the finish was superb. The lad has made my birthday, we never deserved to lose that. Brilliant game of football.

why is the season finishing next week? brilliant, brilliant performance by all players today. nothing to look forward to after the villa game, life will seem so empty for three months. a lot of the players had their best game of the season. [:D][ip][:D]

[quote user="Jeremy Cluckson"]

I''ve got nothing left after that today.
[/quote]

[<:o)][Y][:D][H][ip]

Well, well. As I said earlier in the week if we play two up front, we may get a result and look what happened !!

Maybe Lambert will be less negative in future and realise that if we concede the initiative with one up front then we are likely to lose the game as we can''t rely on defence for 90 mins.  The game Jackson had was one of his best IMO and I hope he starts again with Holt against Villa.  He can''t score but he does help to create chaos and corresponding chances with his pace.

[quote user="paul moy"]

Well, well. As I said earlier in the week if we play two up front, we may get a result and look what happened !!

Maybe Lambert will be less negative in future and realise that if we concede the initiative with one up front then we are likely to lose the game as we can''t rely on defence for 90 mins.  The game Jackson had was one of his best IMO and I hope he starts again with Holt against Villa.  He can''t score but he does help to create chaos and corresponding chances with his pace.

[/quote].......all this and no ward in defence, point proven methinks.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote].......all this and no ward in defence, point proven methinks.[/quote]

The irony also is that I decided not to watch the game for about the first time this season and go to a beerfest, as every game was becoming deja vu. If only we had adopted Saturday''s approach versus Man City, Blackburn etc etc recently. Our strength is in attack. Let''s use it !!

By far the most enjoyable game i''ve seen us play this season. Game had everything, think in terms of the performance that was better than against Tottenham, up until about 60 minures we stopped Arsenal from playing their football and they had very little in chances, just wonder what the result would have been if we would have scored one of our chances, but still too come back twice away at Arsenal shows how much resilience the team has. The fact that the Arsenal fans were all getting cocky and mouthing off to us when they went 3-2 up certainly made us getting something out of the game more satisfying. Dont think ive seen such a downbeat lot of home fans after the game either!

[quote user="Statto28"] Drama, excitement, talking points, saves, players with a point to prove and Aaron Wilbraham!!!    Kinda wished it had gone on for another 90mins       OTBC[/quote]What he said..... + the King of Spain as well......marvellous!